Dexter, MI Coffee & Drive Satruday July 21st | FerrariChat

Dexter, MI Coffee & Drive Satruday July 21st

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by Scuderia Scappaticci, Jul 19, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scuderia Scappaticci

Scuderia Scappaticci Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2006
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    NS
    Lets meet in downtown Dexter, MI around 8am, have some coffee and conversation. There are plenty of parking spots in downtown Dexter.

Head out for a drive from Dexter around 9 or 9:30. Isaac has a route planned going north.

If you have any questions please contact me:
    Cell# 313-363-0543
    email: [email protected]

Hope to see ya there!!!!!

2. nsxnick

nsxnick Formula 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Nick
    first it's dinner on a Wednesday.... now a drive at 8AM??

i'll try my best to wake up. where is the meet up point?

3. Scuderia Scappaticci

Sep 21, 2006
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    NS
    I figured earlier the better. But hey I am a morning person!!!!

There is a coffee shop in downtown Dexter, plenty of outside seating and plenty of parking.

We are not going to leave to drive until 9ish. Come around then.

If this is too early for everyone let me know and we can just change the time

4. VK430gt

VK430gt Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 18, 2006
    Anywhere Anytime
    Full Name:
    VK430GT DUH!!
    is it called clock works coffee (main st.) or foggy bottem coffee shop (dexter ann arbor rd.)? is it very very far from west bloomfield?

5. Scuderia Scappaticci

Sep 21, 2006
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    NS

Bear Claw Coffee Co

8074 MAIN (426–8002): Coffeehouse with sandwiches, soups. Outdoor seating in summer. Mon. 6 a.m.–6 p.m., Tues.–Fri. 6 a.m.–8 p.m., Sat. 7 a.m.–7 p.m., Sun. 7 a.m.–5 p.m.

6. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The coffee shop is called: Bear Claw Coffee
    It is located at 8074 Main St
    Dexter, MI
    (734) 426-8002

As Nat states, if 8am is too early, just get there by 9am for the drive. I have a birthday party on Saturday afternoon so the earlier the better for me.

Nat, even if it only ends up being you me and Isaac, it will still be a good time.

7. nsxnick

nsxnick Formula 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Nick
    #7 nsxnick, Jul 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. VK430gt

VK430gt Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 18, 2006
    Anywhere Anytime
    Full Name:
    VK430GT DUH!!
    well me and my dad will try to make it out there in the bentley flying spur but theres no telling.

9. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Whoa! you must have posted just a few seconds before I did. Our posts are for the same time!

:)

10. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Nick, I think you are revealing a little too much about your self by sharing your homo-erotic fantasies like that.

I'm not judging or anything, to each their own. But can't you be a little more discreet about it?

11. nsxnick

nsxnick Formula 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Nick
    sorry. i have been managing my "problem" well until Isaac shared his photo in the other thread. i have since relapsed.

12. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That is understandable my man. Just keep it under control, k?

13. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Ohhhhhh, blame it on me will you. I know the long hair was sexy, but restraint man, restraint!

14. modmaki

modmaki Formula 3

Sep 11, 2006
    Michigan,USA
    Full Name:
    Mo Makki
    kool it doods...the MO man is here..i'll be there NAT...excecpt where the hell is dexter from your house nat...map anyone......

15. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    OK.....

worked out ALLLLLLLLL the details of the map, so don't blame me if we get lost!

(only kidding guys)

This is a good one, will be great fun...

You are either going to love me, or hate me!

just shy of 100 miles, ~20ish of which can be easily eliminated (a one-looper of the hell route)

I have us ending here

Keego Harbor - Schoopers - Phone: 248-683-2888
    1535 Cass Lake Rd, MI, 48320 (italian resturant)

For obvious reasons, we'll be keeping the maps limited to email passage only... I'll just say that this has some great roads... as long as we leave Dexter early enough (as planned 9am), they should be relatively clear :)

ETA 2 hours 45 minutes according to the mapping program. We can decide to cut out the Hell section Sat. morning if we wish.

I'll be brining some copies of the directions "Extra" and will be emailing them to the list in the morning.

If need be, there is also a designated pit stop en route.

P.S. Did I say I think this is a good one?

16. VK430gt

VK430gt Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 18, 2006
    Anywhere Anytime
    Full Name:
    VK430GT DUH!!
    Sorry guys.. Talked to my dad.. And he said that he has several appiontments that morning and he cannot make it.. If he didn't have the appiontments he would come in a heartbeat.

17. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Maybe next time Victor.

18. VK430gt

VK430gt Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 18, 2006
    Anywhere Anytime
    Full Name:
    VK430GT DUH!!
    Next time can it be on a sunday?

19. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    there is always somebody who will get left out, no matter when you do it...

that said, in the past, its usually been Sunday mornings.

Additionally, Anybody who is planning on coming who didn't receive an email from me, send me a private message

20. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Victor, I've noticed lately that we've been getting more and more flak about the days and times of our events. We certainly know we can't please everyone.

Isaac is right, we've mostly done Sunday mornings. We received some feed back from some that Sunday's don't work for them. We recently did the dinner on Wednesday night....again we received feedback that mid-week isn't great for some who work out of town.

We heard we started too late in the day, so we are trying earlier, and we're hearing that it's too early for some to get out of bed.

The long and short of it is this. We'll continue to host events on different days and times and hope that everyone can at least find something that fits their schedule.

Keep an eye out here for updates on future events. I'm sure there will be something that you and your dad will be able to get out to.

Mike

21. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Mo, from Dearborn, make your way to I94 West bound. I think there may be some construction at Baker road in Dexter so I would take I 94 to the Zeeb Road Exit (#169).

Turn Right on to Zeeb...go 1 mile to light at Dexter/Ann Arbor Road
    Turn Left on to Dexter/Ann Arbor Road go about 3.3 miles (stay on the main drag into the downtown area (Becomes Ann Arbor St, then Main St)

Park anywhere you can between Central and Broad St. I'm going to bet that Nat will probably be the first one out there so look for his car.

Mike

22. rgardner01

rgardner01 Rookie

Apr 7, 2005
    Toldo Ohio &Shanghai
    Full Name:
    Raymond Gardner
    Hey Nat, Mike

Do you guys mind if I join you all again with my V8 Lotus Esprit?

Thanks

Ray

23. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    I'd say "see you there, Ray", so I'll say see you there, Ray :)

24. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ray, we'd love to have you join us! See you tomorrow!

Mike

25. pastmaster

pastmaster Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2006
    Alma, Michigan USA
    Guys,

Have a Great Drive and a Good Time, most of all. I wish I could be there and meet with you all. My health prevents me, so Hell No, I Can't Go.

Mike, you mentioned I-94 and Zeeb Rd., I had a friend who worked at Anderson's Mobil, that was demolished to widen and expand the interchange, there. His name was Dikran, and he was trained in Beirut, where his Uncle owned the Authorized Ferrari Service Garage. He was apprenticed when he was 13 yrs old, and he knew his stuff. I would use his skills when I needed him, for any of my cars, and he was also a Masonic Lodge Brother of mine, in Ann Arbor. The stories he would tell me, were a riot. He was also a qualified Jet Mechanic. I could write about him for hours.

If you need some help with an older Ferrari or Exotic, let me know and I'll try to find him, as I think he is still in Ann Arbor, and in business, but he doesn't advertise his Ferrari expertese. He should.

Ciao...Paolo