New Maserati GranTurismo arrived today (pics) | FerrariChat

New Maserati GranTurismo arrived today (pics)

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by JeffB, Nov 29, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    #1 JeffB, Nov 29, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. rovingardener

rovingardener Karting

Aug 17, 2005
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Michael D
    Like the Cuoio interior. Nicely understated combination; gentlemanly is my assessment.

3. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    What are you waiting for? Go drive it already :) Snow not expected until tomorrow.

4. Godfather

Godfather Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2002
    Fiorano
    Very nice, enjoy her!

5. jorge.rios

jorge.rios F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 2, 2006
    Monterrey
    Full Name:
    Jorge
    Awesome Car Jeff...

Congrats...and enjoy it in good health

6. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    Wow! That thing is a beauty! Exactly the same color choice i would choose.

Enjoy!! :D :D

7. JOEL D.

JOEL D. Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Joel DeLuca
    So Sweet!! Congratulations.

8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
  9. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Congrats!!!!!!!!

That new Mas has become one of my favorite cars.

Cheers, Hank

10. hwai333

hwai333 Rookie

Sep 13, 2007
    congrats on the new GT, is the color Nero ?

11. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Beautiful car, congratulations !! You and I have the same taste.. Looking forward to your driving impressions..?

12. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Does look Nero Carbonio to me. Reminds me of my old GranSport shows like grey in the daytime, black at night.

Congratulations!!! I'm sure you'll love it.

13. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Thanks everybody. :)

The exterior color is actually "Grigio Granito". If you check out Maserati's website and look at their selection of colors, you'll notice "Granito" is a bit lighter than both the metallic & non-metallic "Nero" colors Maserati offers. I'm very happy with this color. It's pure class IMO and suits the car very well, especially with the Cuoio interior. I'll likely be tinting the windows, as I love a tint on black or very dark cars. Other than that, I doubt I'll change a thing because I think it's perfect as is.

14. BrianZuk

BrianZuk F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2007
    NorCal (Bay Area)
    Full Name:
    BrianZuk
    Gorgeous GT, Enjoy!!

15. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    How bout pics of it with it's cousins? You know, the other Italians in your stable. Congratz Jeff, if I see you on the road I'll honk or flash my lights...although driving in the metro Detroit area we get that alot. :(

16. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    #16 JeffB, Nov 29, 2007
    Just grabbed the camera & snapped the below pic. Not sure if we're going to get another decent break in weather for me to get everything nice & neatly in some shots together. Hopefully, but I'm not counting on it...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Congratulations. Stunning car.

18. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    i'm curious how the granito compares to Ferrari's grigio silverstone.....can you comment, thanks?

19. hwai333

hwai333 Rookie

Sep 13, 2007
    grigio granito is growing on me, almost makes me wanna change my color (grigio palladio) selection for my GT ... but in these pics, it seems a bit too dark for my liking ... just different taste

20. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Congrats! Looking forward to hear your driving review.

21. Razzer92

Razzer92 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2006
    What a nice nice nice set of cars

black 599 and black granturismo, very nice!

22. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Thx again, all. :)

For those interested, I drove it to work today and couldn't get enough of it. It's leaps & bounds ahead of my previous Maserati, which was an '05 coupe. The immediate thing that stood out were the amount of controls in the car, combined between the dash, steering wheel, and around the speedometer. I felt like I was in a James Bond car. The ride is very smooth. The suspension feels great, whereas my '05 was very stiff & every bump was guaranteed to be felt. I feel much less in the new GT. The interior noise is pleasantly quiet. The ride in general was along the same lines as my Range Rover sport (in terms of how smooth & quiet it is). Again, a very pleasant surprise.

Both the auto & manual modes were exciting to drive, although I drove it more in auto today as I wanted to get more familiar with the controls while driving (I haven't even gone over the controls with the dealership yet since the car was delivered instead of me picking it up). I've heard some complaints about it's power, so I was expecting it to be quite weak. I'll admit, it was faster than I thought it was going to be. That might be because I expected it to be very slow due to all of the reading I've done from people saying it was. Of course, it would be nice to have a bit more power, but to be honest, it makes no difference to me. What appeals to me about this car are the looks and the comfortable ride, as well as the exclusivity factor.

My first impression after driving it for the day is very positive. I don't think I could be any happier with it. The only thing bothering me is that we're expecting a snow storm tomorrow, so I can pretty much kiss her goodbye until Spring, which is going to especially suck since after today, I'm really looking forward to driving it a lot more.

23. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    #23 JeffB, Nov 30, 2007
    Sure, IMO Granito is darker. I've never owned a Grigio Silverstone car, so I'm not too familir with it, but from what I've seen of it, it's basically a dark silver. I consider the Granito to be more of a "light black". In most pics & light, it is going to look like a black car rather than silver, especially if it's not in sunlight.

If you look at the pics I posted to start this thread, you can definitely see the silver in the car on the first pic, but the 2nd pic (which is my favorite picture of the car), you see much less silver and the car appears to be almost metallic black, like Nero Daytona.

Here is a pic of a beautiful Grigio Silverstone 430Sp I just found on Fchat. To me it definitely comes off as dark silver and no mistaking it for being a light black car...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. Gonzalo92

Gonzalo92 Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Houston
    congragulations, I got to see one here in Houston at an even, they even let me sit in it, loved it

25. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Thanks!
    Enjoy, she is a beauty!
    I may have to trade my '06 GS....or just have both.....
    I love the silverstone color...maybe I could get that special ordered.
    Thanks again.