Update - "F149" and 599 Spider | FerrariChat

Update - "F149" and 599 Spider

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by supraman55, Dec 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. supraman55

supraman55 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2006
    Full Name:
    Vladislav
    One more update to the information I have posted previously. Today I spent more than 3 hours talking with my dealer. We had spent this time talking about Ferrari future models and discussing the interview with Ferrari General Director Amedeo Felisa in German car magazine Auto Motor und Sport. Here it direct link tothis interview:

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/news/wirtschaft_-_handel/hxcms_article_508806_13987.hbs

And according to that interview and what my dealer told me I can share with all of you some interesting news.

Firstly, my dealer is not sure about what Felisa had told true Ferrari plans according to the 599 Spider, but even he mentioned that it everything possible with Ferrari. My dealer told me that according to his "inside" information there will be 599 Spider to run alongside with 599 GTB. My dealer told me that Ferrari had changed its mind about 599 Spider after seeing the SLR Roadster's big market success. Launch of the 599 Spider is expected in the beginning of 2009.

Secondly, my dealer confirmed everything F-chat memeber "icemanbops" had posted about "F149" launch time (Paris 2008) and tech details. Yes, it will be hard top convertible. Now it is for sure.

My dealer told me that all previously given information about launch of the next Ferrari models is changing and as for now the most possible scenario is:

1) "F149" - Paris 2008

2) 599 Spider - Detroit or Geneva 2009. My dealer assured me that he can give 101% that 599 with retactable unique construction roof will be launched in not so far future. Felisa mentioned in the interview that it is possble, but of course this guy can not share top secret Ferrari news and information with public. He told nothing even about "F149" launch.

3) My dealer is not sure about Enzo replacement or so called F70 launch time and tech details, but he told me that quite possible scenario is launch of the F70 in the end of the 2009 or beginning of the 2010.

So I will keep you all updating. Best.

2. Enzo66

Enzo66 Rookie

Nov 6, 2007
    England
    Full Name:
    Will
    sounds good

3. Andy348

Andy348 Formula 3

Nov 4, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Sounds good, as a 599 lover I can't wait to see the look of the spider!

Thanks for posting!

4. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Once again thank you so much for the update, there was an interesting article about the Enzo Replacement running on a parallel development of a V12 and TT V8 for 2011-2012 Introduction.

5. supraman55

Jun 16, 2006
    Full Name:
    Vladislav
    My dealer was not able to say any concrete facts about F70. But he told me that he really doubt that Ferrari will launch their next hypercar so late, this part of the market is so hot now and Ferrari needs a car to kill them all in this segment, this is my dealer's opinion. My dealer expects it to be launched during 2009-2010. There big top secret atmosphere when you read interviews with Ferrari officals. They are not able to share the "inside" news and they talk only what had allowed them to talk. We had never recieved any confirmation from F-factory about their future models. Unexpected launch is part of Ferrari brand. Just remember top secret atmosphere before ENZO launch. So we all can only wait and trying to predict when Ferrari will launch new models and what they will be like. But in any case I try to ask my dealer about fresh "inside" news and rumors. Best.

6. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I'm surprised there was ever any question the 599 would become an open-topped car, given that they suffixed its name with 'GTB.' That's just leaving the door open for 'GTS' or 'Spider' as on tons of previous cars so named.

7. Lovelybroker

Lovelybroker Karting

Sep 21, 2006
    Palo Alto
    Any news on the 612 facelift or major change

8. supraman55

Jun 16, 2006
    Full Name:
    Vladislav
    My dealer told me that it is possible that we will see 612M (modificata) in the next couple of years. There were threads here about spy pics of strange looking 612 around Maranello. I hope that 612M will be restyled and equipped with 599 GTB engine and electronics. Best.

9. madFerrariFan

madFerrariFan Formula Junior

May 9, 2007
    Karachi
    Full Name:
    MAQ Khan
    thanks for sharing

its so good we have a guy from the INSIDE!

10. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    I doubt we will see a major restyling of the 612. That would be admitting a mistake. The time for that is the next model launch. Btw- thank you for sharing your information. I agree it would be nice if they went to a chain driven engine like the 599 engine vs. the belt drive from the 550 era.

best regards,
    Jerry

11. supraman55

Jun 16, 2006
    Full Name:
    Vladislav
    As I have mentioned here in another thread, I really do not see a place for 612 in Ferrari future model range. If the "F149" will be light, equipped with more than 500 HP engine, priced as F430 hard top convertible, it will be absolutely no use in 612. It definatly needs to be replaced with all new successor, but I suppose that Ferrari will wait with 612 successor and see if the "F149" will enjoy market success. But this all is only my opinion. Best.

12. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    I disagree there. Ferrari have always produced a GT four seater capable of crossing continents with four people seated. It sounds like the F149 is going to be much like the 911 with occasional back seats. I think there will always be a place in the line up for the big 2+2. Besides Ferrari have just built a new line to increase production.

13. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    Perhaps the big continent crosser that seats 4 adults in comfort will take the form of a sedan? I do agree with you that the F149 from what we've been told is more like a 911 in terms of rear seat space. Fine for kids but you wouldn't want to be back there for too long.

best regards,
    Jerry

14. 360Grigiotitanio

360Grigiotitanio Formula Junior

May 17, 2004
    Bay Area, California
    Ferrari seems committed to having a product line where the 612 takes a slot alongside the 599. They have already done all the heavy investment in the chassis, drive train, systems and engine. Freshening the body is pretty feasible.

They could morph the 612M as far from the existing 612 as the F430 is from the 360 Modena, which is pretty far. That should be enough to hit the styling target. If they add a slightly detuned version of the 599 engine it could be pretty desirable.

I think most of the critcism of the 612 has been styling, not dynamics or preformance, but I could be wrong there.

15. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Exactly right, it is design that has gotten the most criticism, the car drives beautifully.

16. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    Is the "F149" the test mule that resembles the 599 a bit?

17. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Yes.

18. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    Thanks!

Im looking forward to this car!

19. coupe1

coupe1 Formula 3

Jan 15, 2007
    Singapore
    me too. Only thing is that the Paris Car Show is in September 2008...

20. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    +1

21. supraman55

Jun 16, 2006
    Full Name:
    Vladislav
    But the time is running so fast. Similar as F-chat member icemanbops, I have visited my dealer and secured one of the first customer "F149" coming to Germany with deposit right NOW, because this is the only way to act if you want one of the first cars. My dealer assured me that first customer cars are coming to Germany in 4th quarter of 2008. So I am waitng hard too. Best.

22. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Congrats Supramann and please post photos once you receive your Scuderia.

23. supraman55

Jun 16, 2006
    Full Name:
    Vladislav
    Thank you for your kind words. Of course I will post pics of my Scuderia. I am waitng so hard for this car, today will recieve invoice from my dealer. Car will follow in two weeks. Best.

24. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    supraman55: excuse me if you mentioned before but which color combination did you choose? Also did you choose any extra carbon fibre trim for the exterior that is available for the Scuderia? Thank you!
    CH

25. supraman55

Jun 16, 2006
    Full Name:
    Vladislav
    My 430 Scuderia is Rosso Scuderia on Rosso Alcantara. CF exterior options are not available on first cars. CF options are possible to order starting with 2nd quarter 2008 delivery Scuderias. I am speaking about German market and Euro spec Scuderias. Best.