**Spoiler** Ferraris in the new National Treasure | FerrariChat

**Spoiler** Ferraris in the new National Treasure

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by masterflex164, Dec 21, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. masterflex164

masterflex164 Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2004
    New England
    At the beginning, Riley is driving a F430 spider, but it gets impounded.

At the end, he gets his car back tax-free from the President, except it's now a 360 spider!

2. Ferrari250GTO

Ferrari250GTO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    Philadelphia PA
    He had a 360 at the very end of the first movie, maybe they remembered that after filming the 430 scene

3. skeletor123

skeletor123 Karting

Nov 24, 2007
    Florida
    was the movie good (besides the ferrari)?

4. masterflex164

masterflex164 Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2004
    New England

pretty decent!

5. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    I was hoping this movie was a little better. Cage seems to
    use alot of his Ferrari's in his movies. Family Man,550
    the one with Sean Connery, 355 .....

6. Kieran

Kieran F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Kieran
    They just can't get it right, can they?

In the first movie, he gets his 360 F1 Spider, but they use the exhaust note of a 550.

In this movie he manages to gain an F430 spider for a few minutes then gets his 360 spider back, BUT REVERSES IT INTO ANOTHER CAR WITHOUT EVEN ENGAGING REVERSE.

Oh those folks over at Disney...

7. Kieran

Kieran F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Kieran
    I think he also had a 275 in Gone in 60 Seconds

8. stradleboy

stradleboy Formula Junior

May 14, 2006
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Bennett
    just got back from seeing this with my parents and my youth pastor showed up. But they all thoguht i was crazy when i kept gooing on and on about how the switched the 360 for 430. The least they could have done was atleast have the 430 with black interior but it was tan. The scene with the 360 gooing backwards without engaging reverse i just busted out laughing and my mom just looked at me but dad knew what it was about

9. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    I think it's against guild rules.

I remember when they made the film version of "A Chorus Line". They shot it on location in the Hellinger Theatre. So they added a scene to include a sign they tacked up, reading "Majestic Theatre". :rolleyes:

The biggest indication that "Hunt for Red October" had virtually zero studio involvement was at the end, when Baldwin used proper firearm handling procedures (you don't put your finger on the trigger until you want it to go bang). That's about the only time I've ever seen an actor handle a firearm correctly. Given that it was distributed by anti-gun Paramount, I think we can count "Red October" as an Indie film.

Given the black exhaust spots on the driveway at the end of the first film, I wonder what kind of gas they were using in that 360 --- and how long they had it idling there.

Of course, "accuracy" isn't exactly the strong suit of the "National Treasure" films. They leave the Declaration unattended in the "preservation room"? Riiight. The forefathers had access to a fantastic treasure ... when Congress had to flee Philadelphia because they couldn't pay the army? Uh huh. And the whole Masonic/Knights Templar conspiracy theory? Yah.

10. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

I have started to notice proper fire arm handling in a lot of movies lately. I chalk it up to the rising number of advisors on sets that have actually been in the military!

11. speedracer1610

speedracer1610 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2006
    nor cal
    Full Name:
    Craig D
    The president took the repoed 430 and gave him his used 360.