Southern California Event Calendar - Sticky | FerrariChat

Southern California Event Calendar - Sticky

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by frank4cars, Jan 8, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    Let's use this sticky to post info about recurring automotive/F-car events around SoCal. Limit your posts to detailed information and/or links about these events. As each event nears we can start a separate thread reminding people and asking and answering more detailed questions. We can also use those new threads to post follow-up thoughts and photos.

The idea here is to keep the number of stickies in the SoCal section to a minimum, but still offer addresses and times to recurring events like C&C, VCR, HOP, etc. for those who might be new to the area or just visiting. The fewer posts we have in here, the easier it will be to find info about the event you are looking for.

2. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    http://www.supercarsunday.com/

"Supercar Sunday is a friendly informal gathering of automobile enthusiasts and their cars.

A typical Sunday event includes road racers, vintage restoration enthusiasts, drag racing fans, autocrossers, track friends, and "Sunday drivers". Our parking lot is usually host to everything from classic American hot rods and vintage Porsches to unobtainable Ferraris, as well as prepared sport sedans and compacts from Europe, Japan, and our own shores. There are plenty of factory stock rides, too.

Supercar Sunday is a community event. We extend an invitation to all who can respect the location, the attendees, and the law. We do not support, promote, or suggest any group or individual drives. We DO promote and expect cooperation with local authorities. Please be safe!"

RULES
    • No racing
    • No high speed arrivals/departures
    • No loud stereos
    • No peeling out
    • Be respectful of shoppers
    • Ask before touching
    • Obey all traffic laws
    • Do not block traffic in the shopping center

Village Coffee Roaster ( http://www.villagecoffeeroaster.com/ )
    23351 Mulholland Dr.
    Woodland Hills, CA 91364

Time:
    Every Sunday from 7am-11am
    Last Sunday of the month is the BIG show

Directions:
    http://tinyurl.com/ydgt9g

3. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    #3 frank4cars, Jan 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Official info thread for the Cars & Coffee (C & C) meet at Ford's Premier Auto Group campus in Irvine (PAG). Pretty similar to the old Crystal Cove show. Every Saturday morning, 7-9 or so. All car types welcome. Room for 400 show cars and several hundred spectator vehicles.

Ford owns and manages the property. There are no noise constraints, lots of shade trees, no homes nearby, and room for transporters too. Located near the intersections of Alton and Gateway, and Irvine Center Drive and Gateway. Close to the 5, 405 and 133 freeways, across Alton from the Irvine Spectrum.

Cafeteria inside with Starbuck's coffee and breakast open 7-9. Restrooms too. Outside coffee and muffins table opens around 6:30 for the early risers. Be respectful if you come and avoid aggressive driving into or out of the show, take up only one parking space, and refrain from advertising or vending.

Address is:
    7905 Gateway
    Irvine, CA

Across Alton from the Spectrum, near where the 405 and 5 meet
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    I spoke with Rick and he's all for a regularly scheduled lunch gathering at his place every other week on THURSDAY. As the weather warms we should try to bring out the F cars! Let's plan to meet as follows:

Haus of Pizza
    1500 Adams Ave # 108
    Costa Mesa, CA 92626
    (714) 751-8777

Meet at 11:00am
    Lunch from 11:30 - 12:30

Starting this month through to the end of 2008:

January 3, 17, 31
    February 14, 28
    March 13, 27
    April 10, 24
    May 8, 22
    June 12, 26
    July 10, 24
    August 7, 21
    September 4, 18
    October 2, 16, 30
    November 13 (only once in Nov. due to Thanksgiving)
    December 4, 18

Mark it on your calendars! That's 25 lunch gatherings for the year! Let's see ... two to three slices per lunch .... average of 300 calories per slice ...

Should be a fun year!! Looking forward to having lunch with everyone. Always alot of fun. Good company, good conversation, excellent pizza, beautiful Paul Mitchell girls .....

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Cool Setup! The Batmobile is a nice touch! :):)

6. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    #6 frank4cars, Jan 8, 2008
  7. Redd430

Redd430 Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2006
    CA
    Full Name:
    Steve G
    I just want to be the 7th poster in this thread. It may become historic.

8. gothemi8

gothemi8 Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2007
    So Cal/Central NY
    Full Name:
    Alex
    This Saturday, January 12, BMW is the featured marque at Cars and Coffee.

9. eklover

eklover Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2006
    From AK, now in CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Oops!

The C & C flyer says "no speed bumps" but they have since added one :(

I have witnessed many cars add a scuff to their undercarriage on that bump...

10. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    even though they encourage everyone to go in the "wrong" side with no bumps, people keep doing that :(

11. Jackmb1

Jackmb1 F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2005
    When is Ferrari going to be featured at C & C?

12. RonnieF430Spider

RonnieF430Spider Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Ronnie C

I prefer lucky 13th poster.

13. andrew101010

andrew101010 Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2006
    Carlsbad, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Last Saturday of every month
    All cars are welcome:Exotics, European, Domestic, Muscle Cars, Hot Rods, Japanese Tuners and more.

So far this year we've been averaging at least 100 cars each turnout and Id like to see it continue to grow even larger. So get the word out.

DETAILS/INFO
    7:00am-9:00am
    Carlsbad Company Stores
    5620 Paseo Del Norte Suite #124
    Carlsbad, California 92008

DIRECTIONS:
    From I-5 exit Palomar Airport Rd
    Head EAST (from I-5S-Left, from I-5N-Right)
    Turn LEFT on Paseo Del Norte
    At first light turn RIGHT into shopping center
    Enter and turn RIGHT at T-intersection into SOUTH parking lot.

Theres a starbucks and a bagel place that will be open early and a Ruby's Diner for breakfast if you're hungry, then other stores start to open. Starbucks has a lot of seating outside.

14. tmaxxgod4

tmaxxgod4 Formula 3

May 4, 2007
    Anaheim ca
    Full Name:
    Danny T Evans
    nice thread frank!

15. HWJunkie

HWJunkie Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2007
    Oak Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc Simon
    It is a nice thread but what was wrong with the 3 or 4 separate stickies that were there before, one for each event? There's only 3 or 4 ongoing So Cal events that are worthy of separate stickies and the rest can go in a compilation thread like this one.... If you look at the number of posts that are in each of those other ones that had stickies, ie: VCR, C&C etc.... there were tons of posts and this thread will quickly fill up with posts and it will be hard to find the info that you are looking for, mabye????

Just my opinion, I could be wrong....

16. gothemi8

gothemi8 Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2007
    So Cal/Central NY
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I agree! Yes it will make the top alittle crowded but it will be a lot easier to see what's going on with events. I think it might be best to have a sub- fourm with all the events. I found it kind of nice seeing the most recent thread on the top line.

17. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    *sigh*

18. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    This is really supposed to be a consolidation of the maps and details for the major recurring events like VCR, C&C and HOP. Not really for comments and such. Andrew added Carlsbad and I can't really think of many other events that need to be added beyond that. Rob doesn't like stickies so the old ones were released. Ideally this could be locked and opened occasionally if there are major changes or new ongoing events that pop up. Smaller one-time shows don't belong here. And if you want to keep bumping the old threads, the links are right here too. Not trying to be difficult, but the one thread instead of 4 was designed to have all of the info in one place and not clog up the section.

19. F114B

F114B Karting

May 25, 2005
    West Coast
    Please note that the 2nd annual Hospice of SLO Avila Beach Concours dates are posted on our website. Our updated event site is due next week. Our event last year was a huge success and we added an extra day for this year's event. Please see below for our tentative schedule of the event as of Feb,08.

Oct/23 (Thu), Reception party at Downtown San Luis Obispo. (Very cool party).

Oct/24 (Fri), Timed Rally (yes, we added some competition!!) or Independent Winery Shopping Tour (your choice).
    Dinner & Party at the Santa Margarita Ranch.

Oct/25 (Sat), Group Winery/ Driving Tour of San Luis Obispo County (all new wineries).
    Or Ferrari Maserati Back Road Driving Tour, it will run independent from the event due to the liability issues (the same as last year).
    Saturday Night Gala Dinner/Auction.

Oct/26 (Sun), Concours at The Avila, This year we are honoring the Maseratis.

Please book your hotel early since they are getting booked already.

20. Redd430

Redd430 Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2006
    CA
    Full Name:
    Steve G
    VCR EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE PRESENTS: Spring Fling, Drive, Dinner and Drinks

It is time to have a party! We will have our first ever Spring Fling at Bogies in Westlake on Saturday March 1st. We have the ½ the restaurant rented, there will be a drive prior to and we have a special rate at The Westlake Village Inn, for those who want to spend the night. For those spending the night, we will meet at vcr and head into Malibu for lunch.

There will be dinner, drinks and dancing at Bogies. We also have all of the ROCKSTAR parking we need.

For more details about the dinner, please email me at
    [email protected]
    RSVP Before the 27th.

21. vatche271

vatche271 Rookie

Apr 16, 2007
    This meet is on sunday March 2 at DynoXtreme. This event takes place in the city of Stanton. There will be at least 250 cars for the show and shin and about 50+ cars that would dyno that day. We will be having Carne asada and drinks for everyone with a live DJ. There will also be a couple of stripers that will be washing your cars for tips so just in case your car is "dirty" and dont worry they will be using microfiber towels.We will also be giving out prises for 1st 2nd and 3rd place winners for the dyno runs. Last year we the 1st place winner that hit 850hp. There will be alot of high end cars so there will be alot to see. For R.S.V.P. on the dyno call Sarkis at (714)231-4299. This event will start at 9:00 a.m. till about 8:00 p.m. DynoXtreme is located on 8260 cerritos ave. Stanton CA, 90680.

22. Hockeyman11385

Oct 15, 2006
    World Class Driving, Spin LA, and the Ford Motor Company are hosting an event in Malibu on April 8th to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Bullitt Mustang and to raise money for the Boys Republic. Chad McQueen (Steve's son) will be riding along for the entire event. There are a limited number of spaces available. Everybody will be able to drive 10 cars, 5 exotics and 5 classics. I have included the link to the World Class Driving website where you can find out all of the details.

http://worldclassdriving.com/emailers/newsletter-11.htm

23. A4Blk98SS

A4Blk98SS Karting

Dec 6, 2003
    My friends and I have started a website where we have adapted the calendar be more user friendly. We have a lot of these events on the actual calendar. We're from southern california, so I have Donut Derilects and PAG already on. If anyone wants to add anything else, here is a link: http://www.motorgen.com/forum/calendar.php I believe you have to be registered to use the Calendar function. If any of you photo guys want to add links to your picture galaries under the specific dates, let me know and I'll add a link in for you so people can come to your page.

24. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    #25 shaughnessy, Mar 14, 2008