Leaving On A Jet Plane...!!! | FerrariChat

Leaving On A Jet Plane...!!!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Juggernaut84, Jan 27, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juggernaut84

Juggernaut84 Guest

Dec 22, 2007
    Somewhere in Cali
    Full Name:
    Keith
    #1 Juggernaut84, Jan 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well fellas, I'll be heading off to the desert in a few weeks. The date is February 6th though the dates are subject to change to the following week, since I'll be going with a unit. I'll have next week off for sure so hopefully the weather is alright around the NOVA area. I'm coming up to visit some relatives in the Herndon area, but I'll be stopping by the FOW dealer in Sterling for a little while next Saturday. It sucks to think it'll be my final few days in the states before I'll be surrounded by a sandbox, but this will be a good motivational time for me. Just being around Ferrari's is a great enough experience, and talking with some of you motivates me even more to keep doing what I'm doing. I've said it before and I'll say it again. You guys are without a doubt, the most enthuisiastic people I've ever met and you love what you do in life. It's very important to enjoy your life to its fullest everyday, and I thank you all for the support you've given me and to my fellow Marines heading out. I'll stay focused on the mission, and promise a safe journey home. I'll see if I can at least get an internet hookup in my room over there to stay in touch with you all. And maybe even send me some good pics of your cruises, meets or just pics of your cars. Besides, no one in the military hardly believes me now that I talk to actual Ferrari owners. Wish me luck and hear from you guys soon.

Semper Fi

Cpl Keith Lyles
    United States Marine Corps
    US Marine Corps Forces Command Headquarters & Service Battallion

Here's Me In Ready Mode.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Godspeed, my friend.

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Keith.

When you get there PM me your FPO address. I send care packages now and again.

Ask DrStranglove here if it's worth the trouble. He been there twice, and we send him stuff regularly.

Stay safe. when you get back, we'll have to get you some serious seat time in a bunch of our cars.

Dave

4. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Keith---Wish you the best and be safe!!! I have Keith's email address to anyone who may want to send him a message while he is over in the sandbox, just send me a PM!!!

5. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    One day Keith you will own one I'm sure. Keep safe.... and keep focused. Semper Fi!

6. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Rockville, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve
    If the weather for Saturday is ok to bring out the cars how about having a little fairwell get together at FOW for Keith???

7. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    working, like usual.....

8. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Be safe and know we will be waiting for your safe return home.

9. whatsupofficer

whatsupofficer Formula Junior

May 25, 2007
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Carlos
    Kieth, May God and the Marines protect you my brother. Tell your friends that not only do you talk to Ferrari owners but we are your friends as well. Let us know if we can send you some things and try to keep in touch with the board. As you said stay focused and on mission. We expect you back here just as soon as you can be. Thanks for your service.
    I'm down to see Keith off at FOW.Where and when?

10. Estoril Blue

Estoril Blue Karting

Jan 5, 2008
    I salute you and thank you most sincerely for your service.

Alan

11. Juggernaut84

Juggernaut84 Guest

Dec 22, 2007
    Somewhere in Cali
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Thanks again guys for your support. I hope the weather is somewhat decent. At least for a few photos and whatnot. Hope some of you guys can make it.

12. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Rockville, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve
    What time Keith???

13. Juggernaut84

Juggernaut84 Guest

Dec 22, 2007
    Somewhere in Cali
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I'm thinking in the morning sometime around 11am or later that afternoon. Whenever time you guys are comfortable is alright with me.

14. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Rockville, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ok, Then lets meet at 11am at FoW and maybe go get lunch........Who is in???

15. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I could be in, have to see how the week shapes up. Plus 11am sounds good as well.

Robert

16. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    I could be in also. Hopefully the weather will be good enough to get the Ferrari out.

17. solofast

solofast Formula 3

Oct 8, 2007
    Indianapolis
    Good luck, be careful and safe, come back to us well.

Thank you

18. whatsupofficer

whatsupofficer Formula Junior

May 25, 2007
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Carlos
    weather permitting 11 am sounds good at FOW

19. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Stay safe Devil Dog!
    Semper Fi,
    Dennis

20. NomadM3

NomadM3 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Damon
    I have a buddy over there right now on his 2nd tour, entered the corp straight out of high school.

You guys are an inspiration to us. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I wish I had something decent to let you take a spin in, but it looks like the guys closer to you have you covered for now. Take lots of pics and enjoy.

Stay safe out there, you'll be back before you know it!

21. Juggernaut84

Juggernaut84 Guest

Dec 22, 2007
    Somewhere in Cali
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Thank you everyone for all the words of encouragment and support. And for those coming out to FOW this saturday, I also thank you for taking the time out of your day to make my last few days memorable for the rest of my life. It also gives me the chance to take something I can remember with me over there(i.e. photos, etc.), and to look forward to when I return. You guys are awesome for doing this for me. I can't thank you guys enough. I know I'm a hero to many others, but you guys are my heroes just for making dreams of mine come true. People like you all are what keep me pushing along, to keep this country safe. Thanks again guys, and I'll keep in touch on the board throughout this week till friday when I head up to see you all.

22. KKRace

KKRace Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Rockville/Olney MD
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #22 KKRace, Jan 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Didn't realize you were a Shelby fan. Have these about 20 minute drive west from FOW. If you come up to Summit Point and see either of these introduce yourself and I'll take you for a ride in and show you what an old mustang can do. #89='65 #70='66 Hopefully the weather is good on Sat. Either way keep up the posts when you can.

23. Juggernaut84

Juggernaut84 Guest

Dec 22, 2007
    Somewhere in Cali
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Wow, thanks for giving me that opportunity to ride in some race spec Shelby's. I've never ridden in one on the track, but I know it's gotta be a lot more fun than the rides I had with my dad in his GT500KR. I wish he could've put the Cobra on the track at least once before he past away. But his legacy will always be in that car. Four more days till we meet guys. I don't wanna jinx the weather, but I heard it's supposed to be sunny. I'm keeping my fingers crossed of course.

24. Juggernaut84

Juggernaut84 Guest

Dec 22, 2007
    Somewhere in Cali
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Well, it looks like the weather will still be cold. But it'll be sunny for sure though. So who's all going to be there again this saturday?

25. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I've never been to FOW so I might have to make it out, and to meet anyone I missed during the karting the other weekend. Keith, you can drive my car if you want, but I don't think an auto Jag X type is what you are looking for...