Anyone have an interesting job/about to start a big project? | FerrariChat

Anyone have an interesting job/about to start a big project?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by KSpark, Jan 27, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KSpark

KSpark Rookie

Nov 7, 2007
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Kamil
    Ok, I'll keep this short and sweet: I have to do a senior project for my school, and I was wondering if someone here could help me out. I've already been flaked out on twice, once by the Redmond Police Dept. and then by Park Place LTD so I don't have much time to pick a topic and get started now.

What I need: someone who does something interesting and does it well. I'm really flexible so pretty much anything goes.

What you'll get: free apprentice for a few months, including complimentary humor and sarcasm services, free advertising, etc. Plus you get that warm, fuzzy feeling since you know you're doing something good (MSRP: $2700).

Stipulations: I have until approximately May to do this, I need to be able to take some pictures, and if it's a job shadow I need 25 hrs of tag-along time.

Summary: If you do something interesting (or know someone else that does) that constantly reminds you of how awesome this would have been to do when you were young, this post was directed at you. :)

PLEASE do anything you can do to help, or else I'll be stuck doing something quite boring like...cooking. =(

2. FerrariWA

FerrariWA Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2004
    Seattle/London
    Full Name:
    Thomas Summerfield
    Contact BritBlaster, he used to be a gigolo for a generous old women....he was obviously successful just look at his profile! Hope it works out for you!

3. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    The young man is serious. No need to put him in the middle of an old man's joke.

4. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hey! Less with the "old" fanguvary much.

I hooked up my son with my friend who is a surgeon for a job-shadow. He got to watch 3 surgeries, and then she showed him her many medical textbooks with (quote: "lots of long-azz words") and it sunk in how much he has to learn, LOL. He hasn't given up the dream yet though!

My job, on the other hand, is exponentially more dull (hence the f-chat escapism).

5. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    That was a long time ago when I needed the money. ;)

6. KSpark

KSpark Rookie

Nov 7, 2007
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Kamil
    An interesting proposition...I ran the idea by my teacher today, but it didn't work out for some reason. Something about the women signing some kind of waiver for me to take pictures or videos of that; legal mumbo-jumbo. No clue why it didn't fly, really. :)

7. FerrariWA

FerrariWA Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2004
    Seattle/London
    Full Name:
    Thomas Summerfield
    Your right, I give KSPARK a lot of credit for what he is trying to achieve, and his determination is admirable. But comment was in good taste, and neither party (KSPARK,Britblaster) were offended. Also it wasnt an old mans joke....I am coming up to my 22nd birthday.

8. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Sorry I'm not much of a help, but just pulled it up from the main page, but have you contacted Roy, you might not be in the same area though.

9. blackferrari

blackferrari Karting

Feb 13, 2007
    The Highlands
    Full Name:
    Ming Alen
    Try Metropolitan Detail or Mirrorworks Detail. They both seem to have all the nice cars there, and seems like it would be fun to learn a new trade.

Ming

10. KSpark

KSpark Rookie

Nov 7, 2007
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Kamil
    MondialTCab is graciously letting me tag along for the next couple months as he is opening a new service facility in March...won't spoil the suprise though because I'm sure he will be letting everyone on here know about it shortly. :)

However I did get accepted to the college I wanted today and am planning to major in marketing, so this should prove to be helpful for more than just my project. Thanks for the other suggestions/help, guys!