Leaving on a Jet Plane...(Pics) | FerrariChat

Leaving on a Jet Plane...(Pics)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by BillP00, Feb 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #1 BillP00, Feb 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Keith,

It was an honor and a pleasure to meet you! Godspeed to both you and your unit. You'll be back before you know it!! Please keep in touch, you have my business card and I'm sure we'll be seeing more of you at future Ferrari events.

Thanks to Brian and Richard at FoW for all your hospitality!! Keith got to startup and DRIVE a Challenge car. And to top it off, he got to sit in an Enzo!! It was nice to see Toggie, DSD, Maxwell, Steve and Karen, Robert, WhatsUpOfficer, Phil and a few others. I'm on my way to Baltimore, but wanted to post a couple of pics. I'll post more later tonight.

Bill
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Estoril Blue

Estoril Blue Karting

Jan 5, 2008
    Great pics! Thanks for posting them.

3. MGD416

MGD416 Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Matt
    awesome...

4. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    #4 toggie, Feb 2, 2008
    Keith,

It was great to meet you at Ferrari of Washington today. Thank you for your service in the Marine Corps. Stay safe in Afghanistan starting next week.

A special thanks to everyone who works down at FoW. You all outdid yourselves today with your generosity. Thanks go to Arnie, Brian, Redding, Tam, Augie, Ralph, Bob, Franklin, and the rest of you down there.

We had some fun today! That 430 Challenge race car must have been a blast to drive. Congrats on the opportunity of a lifetime. I also had a great time taking you out in my black F430. You're a good driver - able to rev it up and keep things safe at the same time.

Here are some pics from today. We'll see you this Spring when you get back.

Toggie

5. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    #5 toggie, Feb 2, 2008
  6. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Man, I sure am sorry I missed this. It looks like FOW went above and beyond again!

By the way, who showed up with the Enzo?

7. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    #7 toggie, Feb 2, 2008
    It was Phil's. (Sorry, but I don't remember Phil's last name). Phil is pointing something out to Robert in the pic below.
    It is same red Enzo that has been seen out at Summit Point over the last year.
    Nice car. A couple of us were saying today that the Enzo is one of those cars that looks so much better in person than in pictures.

8. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    WOW!!!!!! What a great morning at FOW!!!!!!!! THANKS to Brian, Arnie, Richard and the rest of the crew for the AWESOME hospitality at FOW today!
    To see the look on Keith's face when he drove off in the F430 Challenge car was priceless!!!!!!!!! My other favorite moment was when they put air in the jacks on the F430 and he popped up in the air while still in the F430, the look on his face was great!

I will post some pics later. It was great seeing everyone today! Thanks to Phil for allowing everyone to clamore over the Enzo, your a patient man!

Robert

9. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Awesome pics----Did Keith stop smiling at all? :D

10. modena2904

modena2904 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 6, 2007
    Ellicott City, MD
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Wow, looks like a great day. Wish I could have been there...

Keith, good luck to you -- maybe I'll get a chance to meet you when you get home.

- Eric

11. Juggernaut84

Juggernaut84 Guest

Dec 22, 2007
    Somewhere in Cali
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Let me first start off by thanking everyone at FOW for giving the amazing opportunity to take their Challenge car out. That's memories I'll be taking over to Afghanistan and for an entire lifetime. I'm still speechless at this point that any of this actually happened to me today. Also, I wanna thank all of you on the forums who made it out today to make my day very memorable. Toggie for the amazing time for driving his F430, which I'm completely sold on getting now. Thank you for giving me that rare opportunity as well as showing me the ins and outs of driving it. Also, thanks to the gentleman who brought his Enzo out and allowed me to sit in it as well. It was great to finally meet all of you and I most certainly look forward to the many meets we will be attending together. I'll try to get internet access while I'm over there to stay in touch, and keep you guys up to date on some war stories and whatnot. As I've said before, I cannot thank you all enough for making this day the greatest in my life. Wow, this is a great way to end my week. If anyone who was there today that took pics or videos, post them for my collection to show my already jealous friends. Thanks again everyone, and I look forward to my return soon.

12. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Keith.

Stay safe over there.

Again, I have to say this just points out what a great bunch of guys we have in here.

Going above and beyond the call to put this together for Keith.

Nice job guys.

Dave

13. SATedeschi

SATedeschi Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    Love that smile!! It says I'm in a Ferrari

14. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Rockville, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Keith, It was a pleasure to meet you and we wish you the best while you are serving our country for the next few months. FOW sure had an amazing selection of cars to drool over today.....Several LP640's, Muira, 2 Gallardo SL's, 2 Diablos and a few Gallardo coupes and spiders. Ferrari F40, a bunch of 430s, 360s, 355s the 430 challenge cars, 360 CS and a bunch of other Ferraris. And to top it all off was a visit by Phil with his Enzo, what a beautiful car! We would also like to thank David & Keith for covering lunch.

15. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Rockville, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve
    NO!!

16. M3-ADDICT

M3-ADDICT Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2006
    NOVA
    I'm so jealous, I wish I could get a test drive in a Ferrari. I've never even sat in one :( Anyone wants to be nice to me?

17. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    perhaps if you didn't annoy almost everyone you come in contact with here you'd get that ride

18. M3-ADDICT

M3-ADDICT Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2006
    NOVA
    Lol, man, what did I do? I need to come to FChat Meet. Been to one only long time a go.

19. whatsupofficer

whatsupofficer Formula Junior

May 25, 2007
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Carlos
    #19 whatsupofficer, Feb 2, 2008
  20. maxwell22

maxwell22 Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    DC
    Full Name:
    David M Nichols
    It was great meeting Keith, and all of the other fchatters. The guys at FOW went so far beyond anything that I would have expected. I think a guy like Keith puts back into perspective what's really going on out there in the world, and how a car is just a car. But that being said, it's a memory he will have forever. Guys like Keith are why we are allowed all of the freedom to spend our saturdays toying around with our cars. What a great day of some really generous people, making a young guys day, before he goes off to fight for us.

Thanks to all who set this up and participated.

21. Juggernaut84

Juggernaut84 Guest

Dec 22, 2007
    Somewhere in Cali
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Thank you for your support and it was a pleasure to meet you as well. I'll be sure to keep in contact with you and the rest of the guys. First thing monday, I'll talk to my section officer to get me an internet hookup for my laptop while I'm over there. That Enzo most definitely is a work of art for sure.

22. KKRace

KKRace Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Rockville/Olney MD
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Great meeting everyone, Weather turned out much nicer than I expected. Keith got to drive the challenge car and climb in the Enzo. The rest of us got to stand and drool. Make it happen Keith! Stay safe. Big thanks to all the guys at FOW for giving us so much time today, the other guy in Afganistan will be wondering why this guy Keith is smiling for the next few weeks. Wait till we get him out on the track for a couple rides.

23. Juggernaut84

Juggernaut84 Guest

Dec 22, 2007
    Somewhere in Cali
    Full Name:
    Keith
    It was also pleasure to meet you and thank you for supporting me as well. I'm still speechless about today, and I probably will be for years to come. This whole experience today gives me something to look forward to when I come back. The many events and meets you guys will have and a long lasting friendship. No other enthusiasts in the world can ever replace you guys....EVER. And it's an honor for me to fight for this country and to keep doing what I'm doing. And if there's something the Marine Corps has taught me, it is to never give up because our country depends on us. You all are what keep me going. I want you all to know you guys will always be there right beside me if I'm in a firefight, or if I'm carrying 80lbs of gear and weapons on my back in 120 degree desert sun. Just know I do it for all of you, because of what you've done for me. Many thanks to all of you here for supporting us and our country. And again thanks to those for making this day very memorable for me.

24. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
  25. Cwavery9209

Cwavery9209 Karting

Oct 5, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Full Name:
    Charles
    WOW! congratulations for one heck of a day!! you deserve to OWN that challenge car for what you do for this nation!! good luck and we all wish you the best overseas! Thank you again for your service. I can not get over how much courage it takes to do what you do!!!