250 GTO sights & sounds | FerrariChat

250 GTO sights & sounds

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by krasnavian, Feb 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. krasnavian

krasnavian Formula 3

Dec 24, 2003
    Los Angeles/Paris
    #1 krasnavian, Feb 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Wonderful video, thanks for sharing!

3. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Excellent! Thank you!

Which GTO is the one with the Florida plate (68W-3793)?

Jack.

This meets at least one of my criteria for a true work of art: It leaves me wanting more.

4. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Fantastic! I look forward to the full documentary.

5. michael platzer

michael platzer F1 Veteran

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer

its 3705 GT owned by ed and leslie davies

6. krasnavian

krasnavian Formula 3

Dec 24, 2003
    Los Angeles/Paris
    #6 krasnavian, Feb 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks to all for your comments! Here's Ed...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
  8. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    Fantastic! Great filming, great narrating, I loved how you pointed out the details that distinguish the cars. When can we expect the full documentary, and will it be available on the internet? Anyway, thanks for sharing! :)

9. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    Will it be available for purchase? Sounds as if you have a bunch of buyers right here! Ed

10. krasnavian

krasnavian Formula 3

Dec 24, 2003
    Los Angeles/Paris
    Thinking of affixing the MasterCard & Visa logos to my posts. :):)

I really appreciate all your comments. This began as something of a trip down memory lane for me and a chance to show my children the real thing in an unforgettable setting. Seeing the gathering of GTOs reminded me of events and circumstances I hadn't given thought to in a very long time. It also drove home the fact that my attraction to the GTO was never financial; it was a primal reaction to the aesthetics and performing dynamics of the car. Need I mention the sound of that engine?

In the days after shooting this little 'home movie', I didn't want to leave the subject behind. The idea of delving into the thoughts and experiences of other GTO owners, past and present, took hold. I expect the same company that has been handling pre-sales for a tobacco documentary I am co-producing will begin selling foreign rights as early as Cannes and that the finished product could be available by the end of the year. Though I don't foresee a theatrical release, I do sense that there are cable and TV outlets around the world that will take it.

11. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Very Cool!

12. dusk

dusk Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2005
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Excellent, thank you.

13. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I appreciate that there's no music sound track under (or over!) the sounds of the cars. Let the V12s be the sound track.

Will there be interviews with the owners and histories of the cars in the documentary? There are so many possibilities (original racing footage, etc).

Jack.

14. krasnavian

krasnavian Formula 3

Dec 24, 2003
    Los Angeles/Paris
    I can't tell you how many YouTube car videos were spoiled for me because an overlay of music masked the sounds of an engine. Next time you visit YouTube, check out my 'Favorites' and you'll see what gets me going.

Having conducted 500 half-hour interview segments, it is something that comes naturally to me and I am hoping to interview as many current and former owners as are willing to go on camera. Also, I want to tape those who were close to the GTO in some way, shape or form, since they, too, have a perspective to offer.

Speaking of Ed Niles...

15. pastmaster

pastmaster Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2006
    Alma, Michigan USA
    What a pleasant surprise! I thank you for picking up and carrying the torch, for historical purposes, on the glorious Ferrari 250 GTO. You will show us what the feeling and pleasure of owning and driving, the most sensual Ferrari, or automobile, built by a man's vision and purpose, that being Il Commendatore, himself, Enzo Ferrari.

I wish to encourage all the past owners, to tell us your story of your love and hate, with your 250 GTO's, if some of you, in another thread, would also like to tell us of the other Ferrari's and experiences, you have had with them. Funny and Sad.

This is a proffessional production, and Bravo Krasnavian, for beginning this fine tutorial and historical document. Those of us who were not involved with these cars, and life's plan, had other things for us to attempt and do, must be most appreciative, to those of you who will share your lives and thoughts, while owning these wonderful machines! I cannot wait to read what will be filmed and written in the future days. Mille Gratzie.

Ciao...Paolo

16. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    Thank you, that as great. I will never forget the time I got a ride in a GTO, like a dream come true.

17. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Perfect, brillant, absolute action!

18. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    +1

I thought I was the only one who didn't appreciate techno beats booming over every little sound the engine makes...

19. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe

You are not alone!

Jack.

20. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    Good to see a Series II GTO in there as well.

Well done vid.

21. pastmaster

Feb 5, 2006
    Alma, Michigan USA
    Stephen,

February 20, was Enzo Ferrari's, 110th Birthday today. There was nothing around me, nor here on FChat, that celebrated it.

I watched your great 250 GT Video, again and again, to celebrate it! You are a fortunate man to have owned and driven a 250 GTO, and Father, to a beautiful daughter, like Morgan.

So...watching GODFATHER III, on TV (AMC), I salute Il Commendatore! Chin...Chin!

Cheers...Paolo

22. webcars!

webcars! Rookie

Feb 28, 2004
    I really enjoyed this video - I appreciate the way you let the cars do the talking without trying to generate extra excitement. Clearly the work of an enthusiast who understands the cars.

You might like to look at my own GTO web site at http://web-cars.com/gto/ferrari_index.php

~paul pollock, WebCars! Webmaster

23. krasnavian

krasnavian Formula 3

Dec 24, 2003
    Los Angeles/Paris
    And cheers to you, Paolo! A shame we couldn't toast him together in person you and I.

Thank you, Paul. I just visited your site and I'm happy to say it earned a bookmark on my computer. Very nice!

24. John814

John814 Karting

Apr 19, 2006
    Indianapolis, USA
    Full Name:
    John Phelan
    I'm sorta a lurker here on F-Chat...

WOW to say the least. I just shared this video with a fellow enthusiast, both of us are greatly impressed. And ditto on the lack of music, the V12 is all I want for music. Great to hear the story of a fortunate owner of a GTO.

I plan to own a Ferrari one day, just hope it turns out to be anything near as legendary as the GTO.

Thanks!

25. pastmaster

Feb 5, 2006
    Alma, Michigan USA
    CHEERS STEPHEN!

And cheers to you, Paolo! A shame we couldn't toast him together in person you and I.

In SPIRIT, We just did!!! :)

Ciao...Paolo