Trying to bait a scammer. | FerrariChat

Trying to bait a scammer.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Fan512bbi, Feb 15, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    I recieved mail in my bulk box today from an obvious scammer, normaly i just trash them, but in light of recent experiences i decided i will try and waste his time and effort, here is the letter.

Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 06:40:16 -0800 (PST)
    Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoo.com. Learn more
    Subject: Your Attn.
    To: [email protected]
    Your Attn.
    Greetings. I am Mr. Frank Kufo, a contractor based in Abidjan, the
    capital city of Cote D' Ivoire (Ivory Coast). me and my partner wishes to
    invest in a stable economy.
    Our interest is in companies with potentials for rapid growth in long
    terms. If your country's bylaws allows foreign investment. You can
    contact me for more details via my e-mail address with your reference.
    We wish to go into partnership with you and to know what lucrative
    business to invest in your country, Waiting for your urgent response. Reply
    to [email protected] and i will get it quickly. Thanks for your
    understanding.
    Best Regard,
    Kufo

2. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Here is my reply.

Subject: Re: Your Attn.
    To: "frank kufo" <[email protected]>

Ralph Schumacher c.e.o
    Schumacher Luxury car imports
    Great Britain U.K

Dear Mr Kufo
    I am extremely interested in your proposition, please can you tell me more about your venture?

Yours
    R.Schumacher.

3. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
  4. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Hi mate, i am already a member there, i joined after what happened to my friend Maureen, i will use tips from them to try and drive this idiot mad :D

5. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    "Our interest is in companies with potentials for rapid growth in long
    terms."

Huh?

antony

6. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    They have a great grasp of the English language :D

7. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    I hope this one ends up in your joke thread ;)

I tried to scam one of these guys. They mailed me cashier checks in the mail, obviously fake. Didnt go any further....good luck!

Antony

8. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    LOL i try and stretch it out as long as i can, i think i just became an importer/exporter of Ferraris and Lamborghinis to Africa :D

9. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Ask them to send you cash for a cab fare to go to the bank for a wire transfer at some point. If they can't fund you 10 pounds then they aren't really that wealthy! Or just tell them the wire has been sent and give bogus account info. Let them run around wasting some time chasing that funding... Also, it is always nice to get photos of these fools with signs "Fchat rules" or something like that.
    :D
    BT

10. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    LOL i intend to get photos of these idiots if i can, i need to get photos of a Ferrari dealership that i own ready for them :D and of course Ralph Schumacher :)

11. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    So much for a quick response :(

12. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    Mail him you need his response urgently as another business man from Ghana has contacted you with a similar offer and is willing to invest in your company and you don't want to any longer ;)

13. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Great idea :) but will have to wait untill tomorrow, its late here, night all :)

14. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    Maybe you might want to add that the guy from Ghana plans to build a gigantic Autobahn through his country, but lacking suitable cars (I guess you'll mostly find Toyota pickups and old Mercedes with high 6 figures on the odometer there), he needs to import them... :D

15. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    :D

Well guess what i recieved this morning, a typical 419 scam letter.

Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 00:48:57 -0800 (PST)
    From: "frank kufo" <[email protected]> View Contact Details
    Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoo.com. Learn more
    Subject: UPDATE
    To: fan512bbi@xxxxxxxxxuk
    DEAR RALPH.

GREETINGS AND THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY.

I AND MY PARTNER WAS AWARDED A CONTRACT BY EUROPEAN UNION CONTRACT AWARDING COMMITTEE AFRICA DEVELOPMENT PROJECT (EUCACADP). COTE D' IVOIRE PROJECT.

OUR FIRM WAS CONTRACTED TO SUPPLY EQUIPMENTS, HARD/SOFT WARES, PHARMACEUTICALS/MEDICALS. ITEMS RELATING TO CONSTRUCTING TOOLS, LIGHT AND HEAVY DUTY VEHICLES, APPARELS AND OTHER ADMINISTRATIVE LOGISTICS ETC. FOR THE COTE D' IVOIRE PROJECT.

WE COMPLETED THE CONTRACT AND HAVE BEEN ISSUED A PAYMENT APPROVAL BY THE ORGANISATION ( EUCACADP ).

THE TOTAL AMOUNT IS TO BE PAID BY THE BANKERS OF THE ORGANISATION (EUCACADP). THE BANK TO MAKE THE PAYMENT IS FINANCE BANK OF AFRICA, ABIDJAN COTE D' IVOIRE. WEST AFRICA. THE AMOUNT IS $2.800 000 00

THE CONTRACT WAS EXECUTED . UPON COMPLETION WE DECIDED TO INVEST THE MONEY REALISTICALLY.

THE PAYMENT IS PENDING IN THE BANK AWAITING APPLICATION FOR PAYMENT BY US OR OUR RECOMMENDED RECIPIENT. WE WISH TO DIRECT THE FUND TO YOU AS THE RECIPIENT FOR US TO HANDLE THE INVESTMENT PROGRAMME. I WILL SEND THE TEXT OF APPLICATION FORM TO YOU WHICH YOU WILL COMPLETE AND SEND TO THE BANK APPLYING FOR THE PAYMENT AND TRANSFER OF THE FUND TO YOUR COUNTRY.

ALL THE BANK WILL NEED TO EFFECT THE PAYMENT IS THE PAYMENT INSTRUCTION NOTE CONTAINING THE CONTRACT CODE NUMBER ISSUED BY THE ORGANISATION (EUCACADP) TO OUR FIRM WHICH CONFIRM THAT WE DID COMPLETE THE CONTRACT AWARDED TO US AND SHOULD BE PAID.

I WANT YOU TO CALL ME OR REPLY TO THIS MAIL TO CONFIRM YOUR READINESS AND UNDERSTANDING ONCE MORE BEFORE I SEND THE APPLICATION INCLUDING THE BANK CONTACTS FOR YOU TO APPLY FOR THE PAYMENT /TRANSFER OF THE FUND.

I WILL COME TO YOUR COUNTRY TO JOIN YOU BEFORE THE TRANSFER PROPER AS I WILL LIKE TO BE THERE BEFORE THE FUND HITS YOUR ACCOUNT. YOU CAN CALL ME AT ANYTIME ON MY DIRECT PHONE NUMBER ; 00225 05213037

THANKS,
    KUFO.

N/B
    I suggest that you come down to this country for us to conduct meetings and agree on the terms and conditions of the investment programme, after which we can together work on the transfer processing and ensure the transfer of the investment fund to your nominated account, if that will make you comfortable to handle the programme with all confidence.
    The investment programme will commence upon arrival in your country together once fund is mature for withdrawal with this option.
    In case you cannot come to my country first, then the option will be as explained in my mail above. I am waiting to hear from you and we can move the transaction forward.
    Thanks for your understanding. You can call if you wish to get more or pass information urgently, You will first take 15% for helping to move the fund to your end once the fund gets into your account.

16. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    #16 Fan512bbi, Feb 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    And this is my reply :)

Ralph Schumacher C.E.O
    Schumacher Luxury car imports.
    Great britain U.K

Dear Frank

I am very interested in you propisition, however i feel that we should know each other a little better first,
    First a little information about myself and my company. My Name is Ralph Schumacher and I have been working in luxuty car import industry for nearly 25 years. My company is called Schumachers luxury car imports and together with my brother Michael we import high class and exclusive motor cars mainly Ferrari,Lamborghini and other exotic cars for sale through our 3rd party distributors worldwide. I own 3 luxury car outlets and presently our annual profits are around £28.4 million UK pounds per year, and I employ jover 40 people. In fact this year is a very special year for us as this is my business's 25th birthday. On February 28 my company celebrates 25 years in business.

We currently employ 3 agents in your part of the world who each earn between 20.000 to 30.000 britsh pounds a month, let me explain how this works, my agent will track down an exotic car, lets use my latest purchase as an example, my agent found a Ferrari 348 and this car was bought for 15.000 british pounds from your country, when imported to the U.K i sold this Ferrari 348 for 55.000 british pounds a profit of 40.000 british pounds, the agent recieved 10.000 british pounds for his work, he gets me between 3 and 5 cars a month, these cars are so cheap in your country that it is like printing money for me, if you know of any cars such as the ones i have mentioned please let me know and we can do some business, i attach a photo of my self for you to see.

Yours
    R.Schumacher

This is the photo of myself i sent Frank :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    By the way the number 00225 05213037 originated in Nigeria :)

18. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    #18 Fan512bbi, Feb 16, 2008
    More mail from Frank, i will ignore this because i want Frank to become interested in my business :)

Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 00:58:46 -0800 (PST)
    Subject: Attached with this mail is a document
    To:<fan512bbi@xxxxxxxxx>
    Dear Ralph,

Attached with this mail is a document which was issued to me lastly after completing the contract and it was certify okay.

As in consuming the transaction, i quite agree with your convenient option. Be sure that the transfer will be processed in accordance with the banking guidelines, with that we are going the receive the contract fund in your country safely.

I will send the form in my next mail after reconfirming your readiness to take on this transction.

Thanks,
    KUFO.

The form is not very clear but obviously a fake.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    #19 Fan512bbi, Feb 16, 2008
  20. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    LoL!! great job Steve.

21. taber

taber Formula 3

Mar 4, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Norman
    I'd be afraid to open any attachment that a scammer sends me!

That letter is funny though

22. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    :)

Well i am getting impatient now so i send Frank a message :)

Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 20:10:15 +0000 (GMT)
    Subject: Hi Frank.
    To: "frank kufo" <[email protected]>

Ralph Schumacher C.E.O.
    Schumacher luxury car imports.
    Great Britain U.K

Dear Frank.
    How are you today? i am surprised that you have not been in contact about my proposal, i was telling you about a Ferrari that i just imported from your country and thought you may be interested in some pictures of the car, i bought this car for $15.000 and sold it here for $55.000,i hope to hear off you soon.

Ralph.

23. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    #23 Fan512bbi, Feb 16, 2008
  24. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    GREAT THREAD!

I wonder if the guys in Africa will notice that the wheels are on the wrong side of the yellow 348....?

Mike in Kuwait

25. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    I forgot about that, they probablly have never seen a Ferrari anyway, i will tell them it is from a rich U.K resident living out there and he cant drive a LHD :)