Seeking help from others with an 89 328. | FerrariChat

Seeking help from others with an 89 328.

Discussion in '308/328' started by Dino944, Jul 7, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Guys,

I need to order a new winshield washer reservoir for my 89 328. I want to make sure I order the correct part. From what I've seen on line its a white bottle with a black cap. But I'm not sure if its correct for my 328 as it looks like the cap is directly on the washer bottle (I'm missing my washer cap) but when I look under the front hood it appears to me that the cap should fit on a black extention that sticks up from the black fiberglass shroud that the surrounds the spare tire. Does the cap fit on this shroud or does it fit directly onto the washer bottle? If anyone can post a picture or can describe it for me I'd greatly appreciate your help. Also does the cap say anything on its top?

Thank you in advance.
    Dino

2. Modeler

Modeler F1 Veteran

May 19, 2008
    State of confusion
    Full Name:
    a.n.other
    Post a pic or two of your set up maybe?

3. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    #3 yelcab, Jul 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    #4 Mule, Jul 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    On my '89, the cap is on an "L" shaped black tube that bends out towards the fender. I can not see where it meets the actual resevoir. If you look under the front edge between the fans and the cover (looking towards the windshield), you can see the tube/extension "thingie" under the front edge of the shroud. The cap has nothing written on the top.

Looks like it is all one piece. Washer resevoir part number 61768800 (#9 in the picture).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. RGigante

RGigante F1 Rookie
    Owner Project Master

Nov 1, 2006
    Portugal
    The reservoir in the picture is correct. I have mine out right now.
    By the way my cap is also missing! Couldn't we find an original and reproduce it? I'm sure there would be others interested.
    Verell ?

6. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Thank you for the pictures and diagrams it was very helpful. I think it may have saved me from ordering the wrong part. I think Mule is correct about the part number, as I did see the black L shaped tube he is talking about.

I did look at the spare parts catalog from Ricambi table 129 (windshield washer wiper etc.), and there is a second washer reservoir listed, but it looks more like what I've seen for 308s. It is part number 60375706, is this part for the 86-early 88s? Just curious.

Thanks again
    Best regards,
    Dino

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The earlier plastic reservior was centrally mounted in the spare tire well, and if you go back to the early cars it was a rubber saddle bag wine bota looking thing.....

We hung the mail up for the Pony Express in those days....LOL!

8. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Thanks,

I had only seen that early style of bottle/reservoir used in 308s, but it was also listed in the 328 section. I'll definitely go with part number 61768800 as my set up looks more like what Yelcab and Mule have suggested/shown.

Best regards,
    Dino