An apology!.......... | FerrariChat

An apology!..........

Discussion in '360/430' started by Derek Trotter, Jul 30, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Derek Trotter

Derek Trotter Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2007
    Cambridge, UK
    #1 Derek Trotter, Jul 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
    I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to the three people and one dog which I inadvertently upset today whilst out in my 360 with it's recently acquired Capristo level 3 exhaust.

Firstly to the elderly gentleman who dropped what he was carrying to his car when my car popped very loudly on over-run, I did offer to pick up your bag, and yes, contrary to what you said, I do have a father!

Secondly to the shopkeeper who yelled out to me to p!ss off because your windows were vibrating in their frames and hurting your ears...how do you think I feel, I have to drive this thing with this noise all the time!

Thirdly to the elderley lady walking her small dog who came up to me, tapped on my window to tell me that there was something wrong with my exhaust. When I politely replied that the sound it was making was normal, she replied that it was making a "bloody noise" and upsetting her pooch!

Once again, I apologise profusely and would like to thank the 10,000+ people who gave me the thumbs up and wanted me to make even more noise.

I hope that these people who I upset register at FChat to see my apology!

2. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
  3. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    To funny!!!! :)

Robert

4. MSKF1

MSKF1 Rookie

Apr 6, 2007
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I love it!!!

5. 360blue

360blue Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2007
    Hancock Park
    Full Name:
    adil
    Lord Trotter, where was the valvetronics.I thought C level 3 has controls to dampen the noise.

6. Derek Trotter

Derek Trotter Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2007
    Cambridge, UK
    Capristo do 4 'zorsts for a 360, levels 1, 2, 3 and Twin Sound. I've heard from a couple of independants that the Twin Sound is a p!sser to fit and problematic with the electronic side of things.

7. emissary

emissary Karting

Nov 22, 2006
    Bend, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Josh
    This post reminds me how much my neighbors hate me...nothing beats a great sounding exhaust! :)

8. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    Best post of the week!

9. 360blue

360blue Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2007
    Hancock Park
    Full Name:
    adil
    Wait till my Kreis-sieg goes on. This post will than be toppled and instead a new Knight will be announced.

10. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Dude, you get a Kreissieg you need to post video ASAP!!!!! Man I am jealous, to me the best sounding exhaust period!!! Just a bit out of my price range.

Robert

11. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
  12. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    +1

Hey Trots,
    EXCELLENT! "Excuse me sonny, but your exhaust system seems to be amiss". LOL.
    How do you look the old gal in the face and tell her "uhm, well madam, it is suppose to sound as such...."

So, by your post I'm taking the upgrade was a complete and utter success?
    You still owe us all a video!

13. mrpcar

mrpcar Formula 3

May 27, 2007
    Chino hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I too have to appoligize to all my neighbors for waking them up early in the morning (6:30am) every Sunday when I take my 360 out for a drive.... With my tubi NG-T exhaust.....

14. Bluehinder

Bluehinder Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2005
    Colorado
    Very funny!

15. Derek Trotter

Derek Trotter Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2007
    Cambridge, UK
    Hi Zips!

Yes the fitment of the 'zorst was completed a couple of weeks ago. All I can say to anyone considering the move to a Capristo is do it, you won't be disappointed. I did do a video yesterday but had the sound set on a lower setting (as the manual suggested) and it didn't do the "pootle" justice. I have now changed the camera settings and will re-take the vid the next time I am out.

(BTW, the camera is this one, no affiliation, just a good piece of kit)

16. Fmax

Fmax Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Prague, CZ
    Full Name:
    Max
    Subtotal $179.99
    Shipping/Handling $174.41

can you buy in the UK Del? Look at that rediculous amount for shipping.

17. Derek Trotter

Derek Trotter Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2007
    Cambridge, UK
    Hi Max,

Yes you can buy it in the UK for around £140 although I bought it on fleabay for $209/£108 including delivery from the States. The sellers name was "allin1outlet" and ask him to mark it as a gift for you and he will oblige! ;)

18. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    very nice. hope u can post some vids of it on yotube.

19. Patentman

Patentman Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2004
    Boston/Delray Beach
    Full Name:
    Barry W. Chapin
    I had a capristo level 3 on my 360 spider. SICK SICK SICK. Unfortunately, being a spider and I keep the top down and my lifestyle (come home from being out with friends at least once a week) and daily use of the car (could not talk on phone, etc.) did not allow me to keep it. Wife complained, neighbors were talking, police were noticing, etc. I loved it when screaming from 3 - 8K RPM in a tunnel (and with the big dig, Boston has lots of tunnels now). People actually hear you coming and move our of your way. Corvettes move aside, its like parting of the waters on a busy highway.

I went back to stock for a while but stock is really mellow so I just traded the capristo (to another Fchater in Hawaii) for a tubi that is at this moment being installed at Ferrari of New England (along with new F1 clutch, oil change, etc.) and will be done next week. Can't wait to hear the tubi - hopefully a nice comprimise between stock and Cap3. Any tubis on spiders out there?

20. Derek Trotter

Derek Trotter Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2007
    Cambridge, UK
    Funny you should say that. I took a call (just noticed the phone flashing but couldn't hear the ring) but couldn't hold a conversation with the caller........and mine is a Modena! A Cap3 in a Spider must have been mental!

21. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    Well, I don't have a spider, but on my coupe it sounds good. Here is one of my videos from a few months back... sound from both inside and outside -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2s24DXF5QI

And one both before/after for comparison -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2ipHVHBpN0

The Tubi is so much better than stock to be sure, but I could stand it to be a touch louder and more stunning. I assume I have a Tubi stage 1 (unsure about stage 2 and that NGT thing). I suspect the Cap3 would be beyond what I want, but it sure would be fun to try it!!!!

22. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    Excellent post... thanks, I needed a laugh this AM.

23. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    ......And this man is puzzled when I pm him out of the blue to commend him for his outstanding achievement in the field of comedic excellence! :D

Martin...on a serious note (should one actually exist), I too had a Cap-3 on my 360 and because it was a spider and a Euro, the sound was at times overbearing...in particular to my wife, neighbors and a small portion of the general population. I gave-up the Cap-3 in favor of your neighbors product at Larini...but I wanted to give you an alternative should the need present itself.

The Cap-3 muffler has 4 pipes coming out of it, two from the upper chamber, two from the lower chamber...making a total of 4 exhaust pipes exiting from the rear. The two inner pipes generally produce the most bass and much of the noise (they come from closer to where the exhaust enters the muffler). Martin...you can easily take your OEM exhaust and have the bypass valves cut & grafted onto your Cap-3 pipes. I did this on my Larini. I then used 12-volt relays to regulate the connectivity of the solenoids that actuate the vacuum running to the bypass valves. I then, for all of $12, bought a 12-volt remote control that now controls the system from inside the car. At the push of a button I can drop the sound (particulary the bass/drone) significantly. It's handy. Early in the morning when I leave for the gym, it can really cut the sound echoeing from my garage at start-up! And coming home late, trying to make a phone call or whatever the need.

Just an alternative for ya....but please, nothing taken away from the hearing-aid industry! Let the music soar until the walls at the Lambo dealership fall, or at least France concedes. :D

24. masar

masar Formula 3

Aug 19, 2007
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Petr
    Damn, when i just saw this threat again , i was afraid that Martin scared again someone :)

My neighbours would also tell you about my Capristo 3 ;) Just short story when Max (Fmax) visited me home (before he putted Capristo on his car as well). Second day two of my neigbours asked me independently to each other, what i did to my car because its very quiet. They thought that Max`s car was me :)

25. Derek Trotter

Derek Trotter Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2007
    Cambridge, UK
    AAWWWH shucks! Is there an icon for :embarrassed:?