Ferrari rentals? | FerrariChat

Ferrari rentals?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by otaku, Aug 19, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. otaku

otaku Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Boise,Idaho
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Looking into a vacation for my GF and I this winter florida is a possibility and well we both love cars so I thought it'd be fun to have a ferrari rental (problem is it'd take the whole budget!) anyone willing to let us borrow their car for a day or two and put some mileage on I'm willing to pay up (but want to save some dough over the agencies) Probably wouldnt put much on. A convertible would be best and something with F1 trans. Both of us have excellent driving records (granted Ive ony been driving with a license for a short time she's been at it longer) both of us however are pretty good behind the wheel, I promise no speeding will occur (I dont want any tickets!) just want something nice to cruise in

any help would be appreciated.

2. itsarevolution

itsarevolution Karting

Jan 16, 2004
    Westchester / NY
    Full Name:
    Cem O.
    I can almost hear someone saying dont feed the troll, but your best bet is Gotham Dream Cars down in Florida, talk to Noah over there.. I dont think anyone will be willing to do that anyway so its better to quit asking now. I know I dont let other people drive my cars.. Cheers..

3. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Josh:
    not just that I doubt anybody would give their car to someone that simply posts here on a public forum, I doubt that even an agency that charges you $1000+ per day for a car would rent you a car with no driving history or short history. Looks like you are just over 16. You may not even be able to rent any car since the minimum age is 25.

Asking for my Ferrari for a cruise around is like me asking you for your girlfriend to put a couple of miles on her.

4. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    Any pictures of the girlfriend - i've seen Martin's Ferraris!

Scottie

5. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco

Josh, show pictures first. Other than that, this will be a long shot. Good luck though.

6. lussuria

lussuria Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2007
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Heather Gambini
    #6 lussuria, Aug 19, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
    i definitely think that your best bet is to call noah or rob at Gotham Dream Cars, although im not sure when they will have their cars back down here.. last i heard they were up north due to the off season here.

Good Luck!

7. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    There is a place in Orlando on I drive that rents exotics as well.

8. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
  9. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    One of my sons friends actually lent me his 430 scuderia for a week. only asked for $3/mile. I can ask him if he's interested. I'll try to find a pic...

10. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    #10 Simon^2, Aug 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Please post a picture of your Girlfriend. I will look at them and decide. Then I can come to Boise and take her for a drive or too. Lets say about $300 for the full girlfriend experience? That is about 50% off the agency price and I only need her for a few hours.

After that we can talk about my Ferrari.

12. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Around the Miami airport, just off LeJeune, a couple of places that rent Ferraris and Lamboghinis. Don;t know the names or the numbers, but try google.

13. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    now a serious post... do any of the rental companies rent to driver's under 21? how about 18?

or 15? ;)

14. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    IIRC it's 25

15. otaku

otaku Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Boise,Idaho
    Full Name:
    Josh
    #15 otaku, Aug 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    well my girl friend is 23 so I was hoping they'd rent to her, I have rented cars before but nothing expensive. Sorry guys one thing I won't lend to anyone is nicole :p Thanks for the helpful posts? Anyway as requested a photo for your enjoyment. Im no troll I've been a member awhile and have quite a few posts. I also happen to have rode in (and driven one, 308GT4, ferraris)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Max4HD

Max4HD Formula 3

Jun 20, 2006
    Florida
    Your girlfriend looks like a lampshade!

17. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Serious answer:

No one will let you borrow there Ferrari.

I let people borrow mine that either have one of their own or I have known for a REALLY long time.

Best bet is to go when the locals are having a rally and you may get a ride or two in one.

18. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Oh my...

Credibility wanes....

19. cessnav8or

cessnav8or Formula 3

May 28, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I think that is the same answer you are going to hear about borrowing a ferrari
    Hey anythng for a fellow chatter well anything except lending a ferrari to you that is.
    Dang that is one hell of a bush. Wait that's her back whew I thought that was her thighs for a second.
    Good job might ask that guy to borrow his again I am sure that is your best chance.

20. otaku

otaku Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Boise,Idaho
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Dear god I can't believe I made that error (where's my edit button?) anyway I'd love to take the 308GT4 for a spin but nicole finds it to be obnoxiously loud on short trips let alone something of considerable distance. She felt it was to unrefined etc etc so I thought something more modern (she didn't care much for the looks either) I was actually trying to buy the car and she put her foot down and said no :( price was great to. Anyway she shaves....

21. Fiorano1

Fiorano1 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2004
    Coral Springs, FL
    Full Name:
    Haywood Jabloemi
    Hmmmmm....DrStrangelove knows the lingo...(GFE)....perhaps a hobbiest?

22. cessnav8or

cessnav8or Formula 3

May 28, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I am s:Dorry but she is starting to sound like the typical girl now. the GT4 is "to loud" "to unrefined" Don't sound like someone that is into cars and she put her foot down on a purchase? I have learned one thing abot these cars women well most women could care less about them. You girlfriend sounds like that too. Save your money renting one and take her out to a nice resturant or a sunset cruise. You will save a ton of money and still have a great time.

I that much hair I am glad she shaves that thing looked like cousin It. Sorry couldn't resist. :D

23. Mark from Ork

Mark from Ork Formula Junior

May 29, 2007
    Miami Biatch
    Some other news for you. Most places that rent Ferrari's will want to check your insurance to see what the rental car liability is. Most insurance companies it's around $50,000 max car value, NOT hundreds of thousands.

Sans that, you can likely take their insurance, but a lot of rental companies want a hefty deposit on a credit card. Like a $10,000 hold on your AMEX etc.

24. otaku

otaku Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Boise,Idaho
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Well she likes cars for the look (and the speed) she doesn't like the cost, the repairs or the noises they make (she's still the most car crazy girl i've met, she drives stick I don't know many girls who can do that) as for that cousin it joke-haha :p

Yeah I suppose I'll give up on this idea she'd like it but not enough to justify the cash (hence I was hoping somenoe could help) not news I know about the insurance (I have a commercial policy for my business and would work something out to cover the car)

25. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Kind of odd you claim to own a 1982 Ferrari Mondial here isn't it...?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2088458