Dino NOS components found in common with other Marques | FerrariChat

Dino NOS components found in common with other Marques

Discussion in '206/246' started by 4redno, Nov 19, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4redno

4redno Formula 3

Mar 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Keith Mitchell Wintraub
    Please post Dino NOS components which you know were also used on other Marques and available as spares from those dealers/suppliers. Where possible, please be specific about the part #, the model/series of Dino on which the parts are used as well as the corresponding Marque, model and series of the cars on which the parts are used.

For example:

Carello reverse lamps found on the Dino 206GT and Dino 246GT "L" are also available on:

Ferrari
    275GTS (reverse lamps)
    330 GTC/GTS (front turn signals and reverse lights)
    365 GTC/GTS (front turn signals and reverse lights))
    365 California (front turn signals)
    early 365 GTB/4 and GTS/4 Daytonas
    Dino 206GT and 246GT "L"

Alfa Romeo
    1967-1969 Duetto (single reverse light under right bumper)

Lamborghini
    350 GT/GTS (front turn signals)
    400 GT (front turn signals)
    Islero GT (front turn signals)

Maserati
    5000 (some examples)
    Mistral (front turn signals)
    Mexico (speciale)
    Ghibli (front turn signals)
    Indy (front turn signals)
    Bora (front turn signals)
    Merak (front turn signals)

Siata Spring

2. jselevan

jselevan Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Dino ignition (key) switch is same as BMW 2002.

As mentioned in another thread, Dino rear ATE calipers with hand-brake mechanism same as Porsche 914-6 rear.

Jim S.

3. celestialcoop

celestialcoop Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2006
    Full Name:
    Coop
    Here's a repost of "another thread:" ;)

On that note, Keith, Pelican Parts (.com) is an online supplier of Bimmer and Porsche parts. They also have some good tech articles. I recently purchased 4 CV boot kits (930 Porsche p/n 928 332 924 02) for $11.75 each, plus 7-8 bucks for shipping. They are GKN/Lobro parts. If you need the CV joint (also for a 930 p/n 930 332 034 00), Pelican stocks the GKN/Lobro part for $83.25.

CV joints & boots - http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...SUSaxl_pg1.htm

As for ATE brakes, they can help us there, too. They stock the blue or gold ATE fluid, new front calipers, front caliper kits, Speed-Bleeder valves, various bleeder kits, hoses (don't know if they are the right length for our cars), etc. My understanding is that the calipers for the 246 & 308 are the same as those on 911 & 914 Porsches. The fronts are 911SC ("A" caliper) & rears are 914-6.

911 brakes & stuff at http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...BRKhyd_pg1.htm

914-6 brakes - Unfortunately, their 914-6 rear brake components are no longer available. However, Dorman makes a kit (D-93342) for $14.95 & Tru Torque has a
    kit, same p/n, for $13.99. Try to order these at partsamerica.com or at the local Kragen/O'Reilly, Schuck's, Murray's parts store. NAPA Online also lists a kit (UP 532) for $13.49. (Catalog doesn't differentiate between 914-4 & -6. Make sure the kit fits 42mm piston.)

At any rate, the folks at Pelican Parts are very knowledgeable & helpful, and the pricing seems quite reasonable. I ordered my boots on a Thursday, mid-day, with an estimated delivery of 3-4 business days. They arrived the very next day via FedEx! Wow, one day service!

I learned about the brake & CV commonality from our friends over on the 3x8 Forum. There's some good stuff over there, including a tutorial on R&R of CVs. They also mentioned Pelican Parts for the source.

I'm just a home mechanic; I'm definitely not an expert. If any of you out there have different info, please let me/us know.

'trust this helps,
    Coop

4. 4redno

4redno Formula 3

Mar 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Keith Mitchell Wintraub
    #4 4redno, Nov 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Dino 206GT and early 246GT "L" series cars have the same VDO windshield washer pump as a 1968-1970 Porsche 911/912.

VDO part number: W0133-1622412
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

US SPEC Front turn signal lens the same as Alfa 1750 GTV from same era. They can be had at IAP for maybe $30-40 each.

6. 4redno

4redno Formula 3

Mar 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Keith Mitchell Wintraub
    #6 4redno, Nov 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Jon Hansen

Jon Hansen Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2007
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Full Name:
    Jon Hansen
    My 74 Alfa Romeo GTV had the exact cigarette lighter as in my 73 Dino. I seem to also recall it had the same hood release handle.
    Sorry I can't be more specific, it was a long time ago. I would assume there are quite a few more parts that would interchange.
    Great thread.

8. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    After a rock took out one of my very, very expensive Carello headlights, Dave M (aka DM n stuff) turned me onto the cheap GE, Wagner, etc replacements
    H6014
    I think H6024 also work.

Dave has moved on though...

9. 4redno

4redno Formula 3

Mar 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Keith Mitchell Wintraub
    Scott.Mac.

Now if you could tell us other cars which used the same Carello headlights but were listed under different part numbers and more readily available or cheaper, then you would be on to something. Afterall, this thread is about NOS parts and I don't think GE/Wagner was NOS on a Dino!

Good try though!

10. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Actually, on the US spec cars, Westinghouse or Wagner were OE. Westinghouse is discontinued, they sold their headlight business to Phillips a number of years ago and they are only available as NOS.

I have a set of Westinghouse 6012 (might be 6014) bulbs if anyone is interested:D. But, if you keep your eyes open, you can grab them on ebayt for $3-4 each on a pretty regular basis.

11. 4redno

4redno Formula 3

Mar 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Keith Mitchell Wintraub
    My apologies. That is news to me but as they say, you learn something every day!

12. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner