is there a mkt for a brand new enzo? | FerrariChat

is there a mkt for a brand new enzo?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by ross, Nov 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    a friend of mine has one. can consider selling it. obviously this is not the most auspicious moment, but he also doesnt need to sell it, just seeing if there is somebody out there that wants one with 0 miles. swiss delivery, but imagine it can be adapted to go elsewhere.

2. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Wow!! ZERO miles??? Or the usual Ferrari 'delivery' miles? :):)

I wonder what that Enzo would be worth in an economy like this?? ;);)

3. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Is this the recent new one or one that just hasn't ever been used? :)

4. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

I thought Iceman was going keep his "new" Enzo and pass it onto his kids?? :):)

5. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i have not seen it, but my friend says it is still sitting on the pallet in his garage.....

6. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #6 PAP 348, Nov 20, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
    Wow!! That is awesome!! :):)

Im sure the Enzo experts will soon chime in with their thoughts. :):)
    As will some arm-chair Ferrari market experts, like me!! :p:p

My thoughts are that it would still be a tough time to sell that car in this economy for a good price. There will ALWAYS be a buyer, especially a "zero mile" car, for the right price. But you said he doesnt have to sell it, so he is probably better off keeping it. :):)

Funny though..............you ask on his behalf if anyone wants one with "zero miles". Perhaps he DOES need to sell it??? Why would you want to sell a "zero mile" Enzo at the worst possible time? Times are tougher than people realise. :D:D

Please remind your friend that his Enzo........is only worth what someone is willing to pay. ;);)

7. Garymyman

Garymyman Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2008
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Gray
    Anyone with a zero miles Enzo DOES need to sell it... to someone that will enjoy it as it was meant to be.

8. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    +1, Really bad timing anyway. I would love to see a pic of the mileage on the Enz

9. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    he probably has $5-10 million worth of cars. and this makes up less than 1pct of his net worth. he has another enzo that he drives frequently. he asked me about the market since he is just wondering what the market might be and if there is still somebody out there that wants it, and if he breaks even or makes a bit then he will consider selling it.
    when i get more details i will post them. i have not seen this car myself, but i have seen many of the rest and it is impressive.

10. Ferrari_Michael

Ferrari_Michael Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    On a pallet? I hope he does not mean literally, they are not washing machines... Zero miles? No Enzo left the Factory with zero miles, atleast 60-70...

Plus, it seems this car has never been serviced, even if it hasnt been driven it needs a service every 6 months.

Best
    Michael James

11. cabaynes

cabaynes Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Charles
    No where in Ross's post does he say it has "zero miles" - Those are speculations by others. Also, no where has Ross mentioned the service history, so we can not assume anything about it's condition. He mentioned he knows little about the car and has not seen it, so I would wait to form opinions about the vehicle in question.

12. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew

13. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    [v1] Yeah, imagine the cost of having to catch up on 5 years of deferred maintenance! The upfront cost is 10 6-month maintenances after the initial purchase![/v1]

14. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #14 PAP 348, Nov 21, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
    Looks like he posted zero miles to me. ;);)

15. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
    And Pap wins the most subtle post of the year award!!! :):)

;)

16. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Whhhaatttttt???? :eek::eek:

17. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Firstly Odo can be set back to zero three times assuming test mileage doesn't get past a certain point but basically this is a new Enzo with the plastic still on the seats. It's Black. I assume it's on a pallet because it was air shipped to owner.

It would need a major commissioning service and all recalls but that's not a huge deal.

18. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    Are all Enzo's Odo's set back? Is this done by the factory or the dealer after delivery? Surely this would be the most desirable/valuable Enzo out there (excluding P4/5)?

19. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    No, Enzo odometers are not set back by the factory or by dealers or by anyone. Anyone who does set back an odometer (for an Enzo or any other car) has done so illegally. I think what Jim is trying to say is that, via an SD2 computer (or maybe they're called SD3s these days), the odometer of a car can be set back up to three times before the car's internal computer rejects further attempts at zeroing out the mileage.

To the original poster, yes there is a market for a new Enzo - especially in Europe, if the car to which you're referring is black. I'd like to learn of more details if that's possible.

20. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Just done sometimes during testing and manufacturing. No big deal. Disclosed and allowed.

21. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    NNO

You may be right about not being legal I assumed it was allowed by manufacture for testing manufacturing purposes as computer can do it three times.

Cheers

22. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    guys settle down. my zero miles reference was a manner of speaking. i have not yet verified any of the details. when i get them, jim will be the first to know. then the rest of you.

23. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    No need to back yourself up Ross, I knew what you were saying. Its an interesting topic. Personally i think the car will still be worth a fair whack regardless of this recession talk but who knows.

24. Ferrari_Michael

Ferrari_Michael Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    My post was not to cause offence, it just confused me, and Napolis, many thanks for that, I did not know that was possible!

Many thanks
    Michael James

25. h22gordo

h22gordo Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Gordan
    What color is this Enzo?