360 F1 light flashing? car won't go into gear | FerrariChat

360 F1 light flashing? car won't go into gear

Discussion in '360/430' started by jvan21, Feb 22, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jvan21

jvan21 Karting

Oct 23, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    John Van
    I was set to drive my car today and something happened that I've never seen before. The F1 transmission warning light was flashing after ignition, and the car will not go into gear. Any suggestions or thoughts? Help appreciated, thanks.

2. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    WHen my car did this she had to be flat-bedded to the service center. Diagnosis was a fried F-1 transmission sensor. A fairly common problem due to the heat, so I'm told.

3. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    There should really be like a forum on Ferrarichat called "All the strange things that my F1 equipped Ferrari has done to me"... I'm constantly amazed by the stuff that the F1 cars do. My manual 6 speed has never smoked my clutch in reverse or at a long signal. It's never shut the car down on the freeway while I'm driving 80 MPH. It's never halted the car to the point where it has to be towed home. It's never not wanted to go into reverse or 1st gear.

Seriously, there needs to be an "F1 horror stories" forum :)

Ray

4. F456 V12

F456 V12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Coto de Caza
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Put your foot down hard on the brake pedal at the same time pulling both paddles back

once you get the car in "ECU" neutral, place the car in reverse.

move back slowly, stop, put the car in first gear go forward slowly - fault should clear.

You may hear a hard engagement sound, can't say this is normal or not, but might happen.

For me, I always park in neutral and pull the hand brake... any time I have seen a fault condition is when the park was parked in gear.

MB

islong likes this.
  5. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    good god...

okay, it had to be done:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233311