Brain Teaser # 11 | FerrariChat

Brain Teaser # 11

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Jul 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third has six lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?

2. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

The room with lions. Lions that haven't eaten in three years are dead.

3. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Thinking this through a bit...

He is condemned to death, not life in prison. If he goes into the first room, he will probably die in the raging fires. If he goes into the third room, he's still condemned to death, even if the six lions are dead already. They can put some more lions into the room, rather than leaving him there to live out his natural life.

The second room....well, what kind of a prison lets a bunch of assassins have loaded guns? He can go in there, grab a gun, and shoot his way out, or get the assassins to join up with him. A murderer should fit right in with a bunch of assassins.

4. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Sounds good......In Hollywood :)

5. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Yeah well, yeah.

6. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I'm going with the Lions, although assuming they lived for even 6 months without eating, that still leaves 2 1/2 years.....that room may smell.

Also, wouldn't the other lions eat the first one to die? That would eventually leave only 1 lion.

7. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    A lion can go more than 6 months without eating, as long as his last meal was big, and his next meal is close.
    The lions would attack each other, but after the fight with five other lions, whichever one is left standing, would be very weak with injury. I once saw a couple of lions tangle, it wasn't pretty. The winner was as banged up as the loser. Both died within 2 months. Ouch! Big gaping wounds in the shoulders, paws and back. They couldn't walk straight, so they were both kicked out of the pride. :O

8. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Yeh, I'm going w/ the Lions...........

Peters....is there a correct answer to this brain teaser?????? Let us know......... Our 'pride' is on the line here......

:)

9. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Correct. All of the lions are dead!

10. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    My answer was better. How is he "safe" from his death sentence while he is in a room with six dead lions? Can he escape? Will his jailers decide to let him live? Hell, they wouldn't even feed the damn lions! At least he has a chance in the second room, where murdering assassins seem to be doing OK!!

11. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    I was gonna start a new riddle thread, by the looks of it, they aren't too popular around here :D