F430 or 360 CS | FerrariChat

F430 or 360 CS

Discussion in '360/430' started by djfrens, Apr 1, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. djfrens

djfrens Formula 3

Jan 9, 2007
    The Netherlands
    So what will it be...I am looking to a F430 or a F360 Challenge Stradale....

The F430 is faster...The F360 CS is louder....

Difficult choice...
    Also regarding the service and maintenance... the F430 will be cheaper to run

Who can help me out?
    I am driving now A F355 GTS '98 and looking for the best replacement.

Thanks

Frans

2. checklist_34

checklist_34 Karting

Nov 26, 2008
    Frans, I do beg your pardon for intruding in your thread, but I'd like to ask a question about this comparison as well. I think its safe to say that the CS will hold value better than the F430, as they are already selling for more (i believe).

Is the F430 vastly more reliable than the CS?

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  4. djfrens

djfrens Formula 3

Jan 9, 2007
    The Netherlands
  5. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    Overall, it should depend on your personal preferences. The F430 is more refined. CS is raw, more like a race car, a little bit rare.
    For me, it's CS hands down.

FYI - The CS lapped Fiorano faster than the F430.
    http://www.fastestlaps.com/track26.html Pretty interesting website.

6. jet

jet Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    I agree. I went from 07 F430 to CS..no regrets.. only smiles!

7. YearOne

YearOne Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Henry Fletcher
    No contest, the CS is one of the finest and most exciting Ferraris of modern times and is Ferrari doing what they do best. Its rare, special, alive and will hold its value and rise in time. The 430 is a great but the extra speed means nothing as its all too easy to go very fast and never feels like much of a challenge.

CS CS CS CS CS CS.

8. Jompen

Jompen Formula Junior

May 27, 2006
    I have quite alot of track time in 360 modena, F430, 599 and the CS. The CS wins hands down, it is as fast or faster then a 430 on most tracks and alot, i repeat that, ALOT more fun to drive. It feels much more like a race car and the experience is so much more intense and raw, and the sound...

For longer trips and more of a daily driver i would consider F430. It´s much more comfortable. CS is a special moment Ferrari to me.

Also F430 is a very "common" Ferrari and the CS is one of the rarest modern Ferraris apart from the Enzo and F50.

I would not even trade my CS vs a Scud (if you forget about the money) and never vs a standard F430. I only have track experince as a passenger in the scud so far however, but soon i will have hours of track time in it and will get back to the subject again.

9. CRAIGF355

CRAIGF355 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    CRAIG ANDERSON

Thanks for the chart post!

10. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Drive both, your answer will be right the way.

I bet I know that answer. G/L

11. ferrari599gtb

ferrari599gtb Rookie

Mar 25, 2008
    I suggest you to choose a F430: it's more beautiful, it's a "daily" car, more comfortable and secure.

12. XLNLIFE

XLNLIFE Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2005
    SOUTHERN CA
    Full Name:
    JEREMY :
    The 355 was my 1st F-Car ans still have it today. 1998 F1 98xx miles. My Stradale has almost 29,000 Miles. It is such a rock solid car and a BLAST to drive.....It truly is a Naughty V@gina on wheels. I drive her 4-5 times a week. My wife loves driving the Stradale. You cant go wrong.

Cheers !!

13. Alesnik-MD

Alesnik-MD Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    West coast FL
    Full Name:
    JPA, MD
    #13 Alesnik-MD, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
    +1 Well said, Jompen. Especially the "CS is a special moment Ferrari" portion.

I had some track time last week in a new Scuderia with a pro driver sitting shotgun (courtesy of Ferrari of Ft. Lauderdale). In RACE mode the car is extremely fast and well-planted in the turns. It would have to be your deliberate intention to lose control of the Scuderia on track. The brakes are absolutely amazing, but I was most impressed with the shifting of the new F1 gearbox. The electronics are incredibly sophisticated -- you definitely see the additional 5 years of development over the CS. Although the Scuderia looks edgy and aggressive, to me the CS looks and sounds much better. The CS is a definite keeper (but I did love tracking the Scuderia).

WTF?

14. YearOne

YearOne Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Henry Fletcher
    Are you serious?!

15. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    #15 Bill S, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
    Ha! Don't talk politics, money, religion and CS with friends!

16. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    A 430 coupe looks like a CS that had bad plastic surgery.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

17. rush109

rush109 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Joshua McRae
    CS ALL THE WAY!!!

18. masar

masar Formula 3

Aug 19, 2007
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Petr
    430 is more beautiful????? :)

CS ALL THE WAY

19. Houston348

Houston348 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2006
    CS would definitely hold value better, but then again, you couldnt put the miles on a CS that i think you could on the 430. So with that said, you could drive the 430 more often.

i have also heard the brakes alone on the CS are like 25K? lol true?? dont know, i'm sure someone will clarify

20. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    Say what ? Please explain

How much are the CC brakes on an F430 ?

G

21. masar

masar Formula 3

Aug 19, 2007
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Petr
    CC brakes cost a lot but they are forever if you use them correctly ;) Of course some exceptions happens..... I think that the brakes are the last thing to think about considering comparison CS/430 and looking for negatives of CS. Its only another plus for CS.

Agree that 430 is better daily driver, thats only thing i find as plus on 430 for me together with slightly lower maintenance cost.

I am too CS oriented, for me is CS and 355 only real pure Ferrari (exept super Ferraris of course). I dont like the new models.

22. Comprador

Comprador Karting

Feb 4, 2009
    Boston MA
    Full Name:
    Craig
    if you want to have a discussion about the difference, PM me your # and a time to call.. I can call you at my expense..
    I have driven both in the last 4 weeks.. actually driven several examples of both the CS and some 05-07 430's.. pretty much in tune with all of the immediate differences..

Craig

23. ferrari599gtb

ferrari599gtb Rookie

Mar 25, 2008
    CS is no doubt a wonderful car, but I prefer the 430

24. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Everyone should stop buying CS until I do. I say go for the 430.
    :)

25. Darthvader

Darthvader Karting

Jan 14, 2006
    new york
    I have never driven an F430, but I do have a CS Blue TDF(tour de france) european version which I keep in Paris.
    I had a red CS here in the USA, I sold it to buy the CS Blue.
    I do have some nice Ferraris and other nice cars.
    The CS it is as far as I am concerned one of the most fun cars to drive.
    The european version has a sound that is beyond any thinkg that you can imagine. The american version also
    has a great sound.
    Let me put it this way: the CS is more fun to drive than the Enzo and the F40, period,
    Go for the CS