Going to GP in Italy | FerrariChat

Going to GP in Italy

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by GGamble, Apr 5, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GGamble

GGamble Karting

Jul 1, 2007
    Pensacola FL
    Full Name:
    George Gamble
    I want to go to the Italian GP this fall. Anyone have any experiance with any of the tour companies. Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated.

George

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    #2 greyboxer, Apr 5, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
    There are a few other threads about this trip - here's one from a few days ago :

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227663

There are some others each year especially in the F1 section - try a search on Monza

But none that I recall mention specific tour operators

3. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    If you ask me, I don't think you need a touring company to do this. I went to Monza a few years ago, bought my own tickets to the race through the internet for will cal pick up, and the usual car rental and hotel rentals associated with it. Great trip, none of the ridgidity or added expense of tours. Check out the other threads on here for details.

4. opencollector

opencollector Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2005
    CA Central Coast
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I attended the Monza GP in '01. Bought my (bronze) tickets at the track on Saturday, scoped out the track for a good spot (complete with a view of a Jumbotron), slept in the Fiat that night, and showed up before dawn on Sunday. The view was decent, but I had to sit there for six hours in order to reserve my trackside spot.

The advantage of the more expensive seats is that they're reserved, so you can wander around.

I've done it both ways, and I think I prefer the cheap route because it's a bit of an adventure to hang out with the campers and n'er-do-wells, plus it takes some of the sting out of the horrendous F1 customer service experience when you haven't paid much to be there in the first place.

Some thoughts: if you don't go with a tour, and don't want to sleep in a Fiat, start thinking about hotel accommodations now. If you go for cheap tickets, bring a folding chair. Whatever you do, bring earplugs - as much for the idiot air horns as the exhaust noise. Do you keep kosher, or just don't like ham? Pack a lunch, because all the vendors seem to sell are ham sandwiches. And be sure to check out the old high banking as well as the beautiful public park that surrounds the racetrack at Monza.