This SATURDAY, the 11th......Cars&Coffee will be a BBQ at FMFL, then Karting!! | FerrariChat

This SATURDAY, the 11th......Cars&Coffee will be a BBQ at FMFL, then Karting!!

Discussion in 'Florida' started by ILuv4Res, Apr 6, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    #1 ILuv4Res, Apr 6, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
    Hey everyone,

Just a reminder that this Saturday, the 11th, Ferrari/Maserati of Ft. Lauderdale will be hosting a BBQ bash at their showroom in Ft. Lauderdale from 11am to 2:00pm. 5750 North Federal Highway, Ft. Lauderdale. Everyone is welcome!

Following the BBQ, at 2:00pm, we will be heading over to Xtreme Indoor Karting for a few hours!!!

C'mon out!! This is a great opportunity to bring the family, meet the crew at FMFL, and have some fun on the go-carts!!!!!! :D

2. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    Not FoFL -- just Xtreme.

Scottie

3. elpadrino

elpadrino Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2005
    Bogota NJ
    Full Name:
    Gabriel
    wait so no Bbq at the dealership ?

4. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    There is a BBQ at FoFL, Scottie is just saying he won't be there.
    :)
    BT

5. elpadrino

elpadrino Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2005
    Bogota NJ
    Full Name:
    Gabriel
    haha ok - well I just read about construction there and I think I just put the two together- I should be coming through, Bill are you going to be there I have a few more questions for you.

6. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    We might have company visiting on Saturday, but they are unsure. If they don't show I will definitely be there! I'll post up on Thursday whether I am in or out.
    :)
    BT

7. lussuria

lussuria Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2007
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Heather Gambini
    sounds fun, but we have the kids. dont think the baby can reach the kart pedals :p

8. nsxter

nsxter Formula 3

Nov 14, 2004
    Oakland Park, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Bill O
    The folks are in from Chicago this Friday for the first time in about eight years. Don't think we will make it. :(

9. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    I may show up at the BBQ - the BOYCOTT is of Xtreme.

Scottie

10. Mark from Ork

Mark from Ork Formula Junior

May 29, 2007
    Miami Biatch
    Do my best to do both, sounds like fun!!!

Also, just for knowledge sake, this is a new facility with new owners etc.? i.e. it's completely different than Shelton? And both will coexist in that neck of the woods?

11. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    The new facility is being built by the new owners that bought the former Shelton dealership. There are not two authorized dealers in Fort Lauderdale, just Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale. Shelton Ferrari does not exist at this time.
    BT

12. elpadrino

elpadrino Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2005
    Bogota NJ
    Full Name:
    Gabriel
    looks like I may have some guest coming in from NY as well depending on that last minute flight deal.

13. M1GIR

M1GIR Karting

May 27, 2005
    BOCA RATON, FL
    Full Name:
    MASSIMINO GIRONTA
    IN FOR CARS AND COFFEE AND PROBABLY BBQ, DON'T KNOW ABOUT XTREME CARTING YET

14. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    #14 ILuv4Res, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
    To clarify......C&C will NOT be in Boca this Saturday. Instead, there will be the BBQ at FMFL at 11am!!!!

Also, for anyone who is karting.....although they have helmets there, if you have your own helmet you should bring it with you.

C'mon out everyone!!!!! Bring the family, friends, etc... this is a great day for everyone!!!!

15. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    Come to the BBQ - but BOYCOTT Xtreme.

Xtreme is a horrible place and the people that own and run it are jerks.

BOYCOTT

16. Mark from Ork

May 29, 2007
    Miami Biatch
    I think that is a rather vague assessment. In what way specifically do they suck? Seriously, so i can decide whether to go there...

17. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Scottie was pretty upset when he learned that they didn't have the toilet paper with lotion.......and, instead had to 'rough it'........

18. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    After having been a loyal and regular customer at xtreme - from before they even opened.

A group of us - sometimes as many as 25 - were going every other week, with a few of us sneeking in for added sessions inbetween. We kept on going even after thing like failed and broken carts, uneven and unfair races - due to carts that were inconsistently maintained, and people getting hurt.

I was talked into running in their second endurance race - it was a 12 hour race - even though the previous, 24 hour, race had been fraught with issues. When we were asked to sign up, by the management, they gave assurances that the issues that had come up the first time (things like teams with a bunch of 80lb 12 year olds running 90% of their laps and teams blatently violating the rules that HAD been established). Despite their assurances to the contrary, 1/2 way through the race it had already become clear that much of the same nonsense was being allowed to continue.

For me, things came to a head when - after stopping the race and changing directions - another driver kept ramming me, trying to pass me, and bumping me ... when the rules had clearly set forth that none of that was allowed AND that there was to be no passing until the carts had crossed the start/finish line. I was already pissed when the kid who had been bumping me tried to make a pass, around the outside of the carousel - well before the start/finish line. No one on the staff did anything. So, I held my line coming out of the carousel and the kid ended up in the wall. As a result of his crash, I was black flagged.

When I tried to protest, I was told that only the team captain could protest - however, he was the one on the cart. I tried to bring my complaint to the track director and the manager before finally tracking down the owner. Each proved to be less interested and more of an ass than the last. So, I packed my stuff, left, and have never gone back.

I figure that I was spending $50 - $100 a month there not to mention several hundred dollars as entry fee for - yet another - crappy event. Since then it has been my mission to convince everyone that will listen to avoid the place. If that is how they treat good customers - it is my opinion that they do not deserve ANY. As a result, many of my good friends and others that know me have elected to also boycott Xtreme.

19. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Sounds like an absolutely horrible story. I don't know how you sleep at night.

I think you should bring a boycott sign and a megaphone with you on Saturday. That way you can protest in the parking lot while we go karting........... of course, please watch the cars while you're out there! ;)

20. Mark from Ork

May 29, 2007
    Miami Biatch
    Yes these are obviously horrible people. :rolleyes:

21. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy

I'll skip the Extreme karting with you Scottie, but for different reasons. Too rich for my blood, and I have guests visiting. Fairness in competition is an important aspect for a sports promoter to maintain. Who wants to pay big dollars to be unfairly disadvantaged? Where is Al Sharpton when I need him? I feel disenfranchised for you, buddy!
    I will do a few laps around the yard in our Yerf Dog style kart in protest.
    :D
    BT

22. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    Your support is appreciated.

Viva La Causa!!!!!

Scottie

23. RobertM

RobertM Formula 3

Apr 17, 2005
    Weston, Florida
    Full Name:
    Robert M
    wifey and myself will be at both ;)
    where else can you drive the crap out of a kart and then walk away ??? It is all good and I respect Scottie feelings, but I will be karting. Anyone else bringing wifey ???

24. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    See ya'll tomorrow!!!!!! :)

25. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    I'll be bringing the offspring! See you guys at the Shell station @ 10:15.