275 Washer Pump | FerrariChat

275 Washer Pump

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Eagle1, Apr 30, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eagle1

Eagle1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 13, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Mark Poulter
    Does anyone have a windshield washer pump (or parts) for a 275? This is black, plastic, foot operated, w/the wiring to turn the wipers on while pumping. I will now apologize if I've insulted anyone's intelligence, To be disgustingly honest....I'm not sure how many different styles are out their.

Kind regards and thanks,

2. BIGHORN

BIGHORN In Memoriam

Sep 18, 2006
    FLORIDA/NEW MEXICO
    Full Name:
    JOHN F KELLY
    I have only seen one type, and never seen one that worked

3. Tinbender

Tinbender Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Raleigh,Lake Lure,NC
    Full Name:
    Terry W. Phillips
    I don't know if it the same but ALFA GTV's had this.

4. vroomgt

vroomgt Formula 3

Aug 23, 2004
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    John ARBA
    #4 vroomgt, May 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    #5 kare, May 3, 2009
    Last edited: May 3, 2009
    Does anyone know if the correct pump for a 275 has this type of brackets (two ears on opposite sides)? Third series GT/Es have same pump type of (Foredit) pump, but with no ears. The bracket on thise is a steel piece riveted to the back side, IIRC. FWIW, if this is a correct type, I have one NOS Foredit pump with this type of ears (but foot piece made of alloy with Foredit-text) - bought it for my GTE before realizing that early GT/Es have finger pumps. Best wishes, Kare

6. Patrick Faucompre

Mar 3, 2005
    No 2 ears on the GTB, only one steel plate atvthe back holding in place with a single bolt ( almost at the middle of the back plate), other wise the same external look. Might be the same as a GT/E.

7. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    #7 John Vardanian, May 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. misterc

misterc Rookie

Feb 4, 2006
    Shenandoah Valley
    Full Name:
    Raymond Castelhano
    The Alfa pumps are available usually find one on Ebay. I don't know if they are the same electrically but they are used by many Euro cars.
    I think I have a spare in the shed. I will check in the am. If I have one, I can send it to you to try and we can come up with a deal later.
    Ray Castelhano, Virginia

9. gtamerica

gtamerica Karting

Aug 4, 2004
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Terry Healy
    Would anyone have a photo of this pump as it is mounted in 275 GTB/4. I too would appreciate any leads on this pump.

10. misterc

misterc Rookie

Feb 4, 2006
    Shenandoah Valley
    Full Name:
    Raymond Castelhano
    Hi, I cannot locate the extra pump. My youngest son says that he thinks it was lent to an Alfa guy here in Virginia.
    To help you in the mean time, there are 5 wires on the switch. Some are not used on some cars.
    You should contact all of the Alfa parts guys and ask about a w/s wiper pump that mounts on the floor near the clutch pedal.
    Tell them it is for a 2000 Veloce which is a convertible.
    If anything changes here, I let you know.
    Ray