Having a blast! | FerrariChat

Having a blast!

Discussion in '348/355' started by tcannon, Aug 6, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tcannon

tcannon Formula 3

Feb 18, 2009
    Norman, OK
    Full Name:
    Todd Cannon
    This may sound stupid or corny but I just have to say this. I am having an absolute blast with my 348! I have had her now for about three months. The first two months were spent doing small repairs and upgrades. But the last month has been spent driving! I get so excited during the day just thinking about taking her out. I take her out for any excuse I can find. Lately, I am just running around town. I even made a couple of FedEx runs for my business! ;) I loved the looks on the faces of the people at the counter. :D My girlfriend drove her for the first time a few days ago and had the time of her life. She was so excited that we are now planning a trip up to Eureka Springs just to play around on the winding mountain roads. After waiting all these years to finally fulfill my dream of owning a Ferrari, it is living up to all of my expectations. Great stuff! Long live the 348 Brotherhood!

Also, thanks to all of you that have helped with my many questions as I ran through some repair issues. ;)

2. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

The excitement will never cease.... ;)

3. tcannon

tcannon Formula 3

Feb 18, 2009
    Norman, OK
    Full Name:
    Todd Cannon
    That is great to hear! My heart starts pounding when I pick up the key and head to the garage. I would hate to think that one day I would pick up the key and have the same feeling as when I pick up the keys to my Honda.

4. rbellezza

rbellezza F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2008
    Henderson, NV
    Full Name:
    Roberto Bellezza
    That is the way a Ferrari should make everybody feels, it is an honor and a pride to own one. I am very glad you feel in this way, I do too !
    Enjoy the ride ....

5. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Makes complete sense :D , very common Ferrari owner reaction. Same for me after almost 3 yrs.!!! Lots of people hop on Ferrarichat saying how other marques are more reliable and just as fast, etc. But do they stir this kind of passion? I guess I'll never know since I don't aspire to own anything else! Looking forward to driving her to work tomorrow, polishing the engine now with a Q-tip. :D Happy driving!

6. tcannon

tcannon Formula 3

Feb 18, 2009
    Norman, OK
    Full Name:
    Todd Cannon
    Yes! You are correct. That is exactly how I feel while driving it around. I feel honored and proud. I never thought that just taking the cover off a car would bring so much excitement. I have a whole ritual now from picking up the key, taking off the cover, right down to putting her to bed. My girlfriend thought that I was being a bit over the top until she drove it. Then she said, "I understand now".

7. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

LoL....I love my Civic just as much...but in a different 36mpg-never-gonna-break-down sorta way... :)

8. 76Steel

76Steel Formula 3

Sep 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Enjoy the F-car. Its been said before a million times here - but, nothing gives you the feeling of a Ferrari! Many happy miles.

9. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    This is what it is all about! :)

Congrats on making your goals come true. Many here including my self share your exact feelings. ;)

These are more than just cars. :eek:

I love my car, :eek:

Post up a pic T :D

10. tcannon

tcannon Formula 3

Feb 18, 2009
    Norman, OK
    Full Name:
    Todd Cannon
    #10 tcannon, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. FandLcars

FandLcars F1 Rookie

Aug 6, 2006
    Tempe, Az
    Full Name:
    Rick Schumm
    Black over Tan is a beautiful color combo Todd. Enjoy! :)

12. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    #12 Night life, Aug 7, 2009
  13. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    does your garage have anything to do with you wanting to look at her everyday :) :)

how much would you charge if i flew you in to paint my garage like yours? :)

14. tcannon

tcannon Formula 3

Feb 18, 2009
    Norman, OK
    Full Name:
    Todd Cannon
    #14 tcannon, Aug 7, 2009
    Your garage is just awesome! I have some plans for mine but I have to wait until I can move my home business into a shop facility. For now, my garage is my parts warehouse. :D I at least was able to put up my lighted Ferrari shield sign in my garage. It's a start!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Where did you get that sign?

16. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Glad to hear about your passion for the car. You are a true ferraristi. As for your girlfriend, she's definitely a keeper!

17. tcannon

tcannon Formula 3

Feb 18, 2009
    Norman, OK
    Full Name:
    Todd Cannon
    #17 tcannon, Aug 7, 2009

I found it and a dealer style sign on ebay about 4 months ago. They had LEDs inside for even lighting. Here is the dealer style sign. It is the same pic I am using in my avatar pic.

18. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    Congrats! Black suits the 348 very nicely.

I know the feeling :) Ferraris are something very special indeed.

It's great that your're enjoying it.

19. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    5 years and 5 months for me now....lovin' every minute of it!

20. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    very nice...i will try and hunt one down for my garage

21. tcannon

tcannon Formula 3

Feb 18, 2009
    Norman, OK
    Full Name:
    Todd Cannon

They were priced very well at $200 each (I think) plus shipping. The shipping was high because they were large and insured and coming from China. The guy that sells them is here in the US. Let me know if you cannot find them and I will go through my old emails and get his contact info. I saw where there was an original dealer sign that was the same dimensions as the one I got going on eBay for $4500. So I am happy with mine. Thanks, Todd

22. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    #22 Night life, Aug 8, 2009
    Maybe:), here are a few more updated ones except I have my Porsche parked in the wrong spot :eek: long long story but it involves a very very hot blonde and a happy ENDing :D:D:D

Ps love those signs, great now I have to go buy some lol

23. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Awesome car mate!! Gotta love Nero!!! :D:D

Glad to hear you are enjoying it!! Im also sure you will enjoy it for MANY years to come! ;);)

24. tcannon

tcannon Formula 3

Feb 18, 2009
    Norman, OK
    Full Name:
    Todd Cannon
    No problem Night Life. I always love to see the pics of your garage. Very cool!

Maybe this thread should turn into people sharing their "Ferrari" moments. Just some moment in your life that was had in your Ferrari. Since I have only had mine for a short time, my stories are few but so far the best moment I have had was spending 2 hours driving around at midnight with my girlfriend the first night I got my 348. I would pull up to an intersection and look at her and we would both start grinning from ear to ear. Can't wait to take her out on a trip down some great roads. ;)

25. 50hdmc

50hdmc Formula 3

Oct 10, 2006
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    mark s
    great color combination Todd....I always like that. Off all the cars I have owned, and I have owned many, this is the only car where people always say "I wish I could drive that for a few miles"