Track day at Eagles Canyon Raceway | FerrariChat

Track day at Eagles Canyon Raceway

Discussion in 'Texas' started by rxmcd, Oct 11, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rxmcd

rxmcd Rookie

Jun 29, 2009
    The American Speed Club will be conducting a really nice track day event at Eagles Canyon Raceway this coming Saturday the 17th. Boardwalk Ferrari, Boardwalk Porsche and Lamborghini Dallas are the primary event hosts and will be conducting street test drives among other track activities for their guests. Other makes are welcome. Catered breakfast and lunch along with instruction from road racing professionals distinguish this program from other track day events. Limited availability remains. For info contact Rex McDaniel with the American Speed Club...817-313-0731...www.americanspeedclub.com

2. uss tt

uss tt Karting
    BANNED

Dec 2, 2006
    GMT-6
    Rex:

Thanks for putting on such a nice event. We'll have to do it again soon. Great Job!

Thanks Again- Nathan

3. rxmcd

rxmcd Rookie

Jun 29, 2009
    Thanks Nathan, I'm glad you enjoyed it. We have had a lot of very positive feedback. Looking forward to doing it again.

4. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    thanks to all for a fantastic time at EC...the TT's getting tweaked at Autoscope now and will be ready for another by this weekend...

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I hope you do get many of these exotics out on the track were you can safely drive them like they should. It is also a great educational tool that can partly be applied back to the street.

As a previous club organizer I could never get a ton of Ferrari owners out to the track. Half of us already club race and limit most of our track time banging doors while the other half would rather have coffee and just look at them.

6. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    sorry Rob...but the Boxer's getting a major (saw someones silver 355 that may have made it around a track or two...) and the 330 isn't exactly a trackster, so I brought the 993TT-which isn't exactly exotic..but will be taking the Boxer for a spirited run at EC when it's ready...all in all, it was a nice turnout with a great breakfast and lunch--should definetly happen more often!

7. uss tt

uss tt Karting
    BANNED

Dec 2, 2006
    GMT-6
    If you took pictures and/or video, please post pics or url, if you have them...

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    good for you, more should get out there.

9. rufredbaron

rufredbaron Rookie

Oct 20, 2009
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    #9 rufredbaron, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
    Thanks to those who gave my son a ride in the GT3 and with Steve Hill in his Challenge car. It really made his day!

I didn't have my camera, so if anyone has any pictures of him in the White GT3 with Jason Hart, or in Steve's Ferrari, please post them. We would love to see them.

Thanks again and take care!

Matt and Andrew

10. rxmcd

rxmcd Rookie

Jun 29, 2009
    We should have plenty of in-car footage and photos posted on the site by Thursday or Friday. Am I allowed to mentioned the ASC site on this thread? Not sure of the rules.

Rex

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    yes, in direct relation events you do with Boardwalk as they are a sponsor. not any other events. thanks.

12. uss tt

uss tt Karting
    BANNED

Dec 2, 2006
    GMT-6
    Matt, you are very welcome. I was glad to do it.

Best, Nathan

13. uss tt

uss tt Karting
    BANNED

Dec 2, 2006
    GMT-6