Anyone familiar with this car at FoNE? (360 spider) | FerrariChat

Anyone familiar with this car at FoNE? (360 spider)

Discussion in 'New England' started by bubbahead, Nov 19, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bubbahead

bubbahead Rookie

Feb 23, 2004
    #1 bubbahead, Nov 19, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  2. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    :) I'd call them out on the price change, does seem like an odd 'coincidence'. They're pretty straightforward and are sponsors here, so probably will have seen this already.

I'm not close to '02 360 prices right now, but over in the 360/430 forum I know there are a bunch of threads on prices.

3. darthnefas

darthnefas Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
  4. away

away Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2004
    Lansdale, PA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I don't know when you started looking at the car but over the last few weeks they've oddly raised the prices on most of their used inventory it seems.

Maybe it's some winter marketing strategy I'm not aware of, but for me personally it put a car I was hoping to buy into the "I'll pass" category after their 10k price hike.

5. bubbahead

bubbahead Rookie

Feb 23, 2004
    It was 99k just last week when i was inquiring about it. I think everyone would put it into 'I'll pass' if they encountered something similar

6. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    pre-holidays inflation??

7. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
  8. AJ 250GTO

AJ 250GTO Rookie

Jun 26, 2009
    MA
    Full Name:
    Adam Jaklitsch
    It is not a coincidence because the prices go up and down all of the time regardless if there are any inquiries on a car. Managment likes to drop and raise prices because they "think" it creates an urgency to buy a car with "Weekend Specials" It is also done to call people out on their temperature to buy. Thinking and knowing that at $99k the car is at a very agressive low price and from an authorized dealer... Most of the time when several people are considering a car and are on the fence with price and still don't pull the trigger when it drops down at that price, then they were never going to buy it anyway??? (depending on the 360 market conditions) we are either the Best Price in TOWN or behind the 8BALL) Keep in mind they own the car for $108k.. and asking $99k. They also like to play with prices because they know that so many people are always watching the web site and it creats a buzz. Unfortunatly it is not always a positive buzz. We are at least very honest and have no hesitation to show a client full disclosure on the integrity of our Ferrari selection and the service history. I do apologize for the constant price changes.

9. vunico

vunico Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2007
    southern florida
    i can't believe seious buyers would "pass" on a car they were interested in because of a price on the net...it even says "suggested retail" on the heading.
    grow a pair and tell them what you know and make an offer...you'll know soon enough where they are on the car.

10. AWESOME

AWESOME Karting

Jan 29, 2009
    Burlington, VT USA
    Full Name:
    Matt L.
    yeah I agree with the above post. A price on a car is a starting number. If your willing to pay 99 for a car priced at 109, offer them 99. If they pass, you havent lost anything. If that same car is priced at 99 and your willing to pay that, great! maybe you can get them lower but at the very least you get the car for a price your ok with.