"Ferraris & Friends" 2010, now with event pictures | FerrariChat

"Ferraris & Friends" 2010, now with event pictures

Discussion in '308/328' started by jimshadow, Jun 4, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Are you planning on attending Ferraris and Friends?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Ok, it's time to sign up for the "Ferraris and Friends" weekend. I got a ton of Email early in the year asking if I was going to do something in 2010 and here it is!

Special thanks right off the bat to Rob Lay and FerrariChat.com, who btw is an Event Sponsor again!

This is an extension of the famed "308's in '08" gathering with a slightly different twist.
    Just like the 308's in '08 gathering, this is a PRIVATE weekend for car owners. For 2010 we are supporting 3 local charities and 100% OF ALL ENTRY FEES will go directly to the charities! I am very proud to be able to announce that.

This weekend is designed for those who want to take a road trip in their Ferrari. Just like I drove 770 miles to the Memphis area in my GT4 in '08, its time for you to think about driving to Fort Wayne in Oct 2010! :)
    On a side note, FedEx is one of our Sponsors this year and we WILL be having a route (discounted rate) or two for anyone interested in trailering a car out and meeting it here for the weekend.
    There WILL be an Autocross as part of this event which will be held in an amazing location. There will be LOTS to do for the Spouses/Families/SO's. There are tech sessions planned as well as multiple drives. Full details are below and at www.ferrarisandfriends.com.
    If you have any questions, Please PM me.

Ferraris and Friends is a *private* weekend long celebration of special cars and the owners who are crazy about them! Ferrari is the featured marquee, but will involve multiple car clubs/groups and anyone with a unique/special vehicle.
    The weekend will evolve as follows:

Friday
    Champagne Reception at Sycamore Hills Country Club
    Ferraris will be parked strategically on the course for photo op. Heavy Hors d'ouvres and cash bar at the club.

Saturday
    Artisans Rods and Classics
    Silent Auction with proceeds going to 3 local charities
    Autocross sponsored by FWSCCA
    Planned drives for those who want to exercise their cars
    Day long tech sessions for each of the featured marquees
    *Wine tasing/hors d'ouvres at Chops Steak/Seafood
    (Transportation provided via shuttle)
    Day long shuttle provided to Jefferson Pointe Mall and Shops for spouses/family in attendance with owners
    Evening dinner and live music at Artisans Rods & Classics

Sunday
    * Golf event at Sycamore Hills CC. (Sycamore is a Top 100 US Course and a Jack Nicklaus design!)
    Coffee & Cars at DeBrands Fine Chocolate.

2. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    man Im going to be in school starting late September! Im going to miss it.

3. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    I'm using your event as my drop dead date to get my car sorted!

Wrenching resumes in a couple of hours...

Everybody else get onboard, too! Let's all have a huge time out there.

4. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    NJ to Fort Wayne - 630 miles and and 10 hours each way.
    So what's in Ft Wayne???

5. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    1276 miles each way...guess I will have to see if there will ever be a "Chillin' in Charleston" event. Hmm, I should trade mark that name.

6. msouza

msouza Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2005
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Milton Souza
    This will be great event, but 1300 miles each way is a bit too much for me.

7. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    "what's in Ft. Wayne?"... US! The party's gonna be there!

If the drive is less than 12 hours... come out.

8. markgllc

markgllc Karting

Dec 25, 2008
    Fairborn, OH
    My 348 is currently over at enginefixers shop getting a good going over...my car should be up and running again by October so this sounds like a great outting. I live in Ohio so it's close enough I can go ;-) If my work schedule doesn't keep me from being able to go...I'll be there ;-) I'm getting excited just thinking about it....

9. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    #9 don_xvi, Jun 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
    I'm going to go re-read the whole thread for this in the main section, that got me so excited about it when I first encountered it!

Here's the link for those that missed it. It's worth the time to go all the way through! http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268799

10. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    You have PLENTY of time to plan around that work thing!!! ;)

JIM

11. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Added another Sponsor today who is very excited. We are around 20 Sponsors, all of who I look forward to personally thanking! It is they who are making it possible to ensure that 100% of all entry fees go directly to the charities!

I'm lining up sponsors, now I need more people to put this on their calendars and sign up!
    :)

JIM

12. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Bridgestone has signed on to the Ferraris and Friends event as a Corporate Sponsor!!!
    I could not be more thrilled!!! I feel as if I need to run through the streets shouting....WHOOO HOOO!

It's time to sign up. Start planning your drives now. :) It's gonna be a great event this October.

JIM

13. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    33 hours 57 minutes / 2271.97 miles ... one way!

Too much for me and the Dino. Though I think it would make it just fine!

Have a great time!

Cheers!

14. lostbowl

lostbowl Formula 3

Apr 30, 2009
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tom
    638mi?10.5 hrs. from the UP. If we don't have snow and the 308 is in one piece,as it is now, we'd love to go. Will commit when able.

15. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    I may have to agree on this one, however, if you're up for it, there will be a FedEx truck leaving California with one 1966 330GTC a week or so before the event....;)

JIM

16. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Excellent! I'll look forward to it. :)

17. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Well....IT'S OFFICIAL: Tim Allen WILL BE here for part of the event!!!!! He is actually going to be performing (details to come) close by and will be in attendance for the Friday Night Reception. I am obviously THRILLED!
    Now, I just need to get some of you Ferrari owners SIGNED UP! Let's show Tim what a great turn out of Ferraris we can make happen.

www.ferrarisandfriends.com

JIM

18. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Ok, here is the scoop on Tim Allen......

Tim will be performing stand up on Thursday October 7th at the Embassy Theatre in Ft. Wayne. On Friday he will be hanging around and attending the Ferraris and Friends reception at the Country Club.
    I will hopefully have some advance tickets (good seats) for anyone registered that wants to come a day early. I don't have the final pricing yet but I believe they will be around $45.

What I need now is for owners to commit to coming and register. Both Tim's people and our larger sponsors (Bridgestone for example) are asking frequently how many Ferraris we are expecting. While many of you have expressed interest, only a few have actually registered so far. Remember, 100% of your registration fees are going to the charities, so this is for a good cause!

JIM

19. Bad Dogg

Bad Dogg Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2006
    Avon, CT
    Full Name:
    Howard
    EXCELLENT event. thanks for all your hard work Jim.. Sorry I won't be able to make it...

20. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
  21. fchip

fchip Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Chip G
    Sounds like a great event and well organized so congratulations and thanks for the hard work. Unfortunately, 560+ miles and timing will prevent us from getting there this year. We will look forward to the next event. Have a grea time!

22. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    #22 jimshadow, Jul 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
    Thanks Chip! 560 miles is a great cruise in a Ferrari. :) I put nearly that much on my GT4 last weekend.

This event is really shaping up nicely. I couldn't be more excited. I just need to get more Ferraris registered. ;)

JIM

23. TheMac

TheMac Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2009
    Alberta
    Full Name:
    Jon Mac
    560 miles is exactly what I put on my Mondial on Sunday to go to Meadow Brook and back. I will register for this event, though I can't make it for the whole weekend... it's on my list of things to do when I get caught up with work!

24. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    #24 jimshadow, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  25. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    2 Lamborghinis.....A Diablo VT and a Muricielago confirmed today! Very excited. :)

For those who are interested in Tim Allen's performance on Thursday....Anyone registered for the event can purchase advance tickets (ie: The best seats) starting Wednesday. General Admission tickets go on sale 8/7.
    Follow the link that is on the website now....

JIM