308 GTS Map Pocket Latch Key | FerrariChat

308 GTS Map Pocket Latch Key

Discussion in '308/328' started by Dave Bendl, Oct 12, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    As with many items on e-bay, buyers should take caution when bidding being careful to do their homework and pay fair market value. Allways do a search on F-Chat to see if other owners have reported sources prior to bidding.
    A good example of this is an e-bay auction where several people recently bid on a simple map pocket latch key for a 308. The auction ended with a bid war between 4 people and the key went for $51 + $9.95 shipping. The key can be readily had from a company in Ohio for $1.00 ea.

I have known that I was missing the key for the map pocket (located on the back of the passenger seat) on my 308 GTS QV. I had some time to do some homework and asked a local 84' 308 GTS QV owner that has one of the most original 308's I've ever seen inspect his key. The key has a triangular (not oval) shaped cutout in the finger grasp. Doing a simple search on F-Chat, I found a thread started years ago http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152338&highlight=308+glove+compartment+key with a link to company in Solon, Ohio called Ohio Travel Bag http://www.ohiotravelbag.com/Products.html
    Check their catalog at http://www.ohiotravelbag.com/P210_Hardware_Catalog/index.htm Page 109, Item 1769K imported luggage key. I gave them a call at 1-800-800-1941 and the keys are $1.00 ea. + $7.00 shipping. I ordered 5, will keep 2 for myself, and give the other 3 to a few local friends with 308's.

As for the $50 I saved, I'll fill up the tank this weekend and have a nice extended fall drive.
    Hopefully, no F-Chat members over bid on this readily available key.

Dave

[email protected] likes this.
  2. V.W. Porto

V.W. Porto Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Vincent W. Porto
    Dave,

Many thanks for the info and update. This is what makes this site so valuable, people sharing information that helps everyone.

Ciao,

Vincent

3. magnum

magnum Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2008
    Barcelona, Spain
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    Good info!!

Saved in my hard drive.

Many thanks

4. 350HPMondial

350HPMondial F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2002
    18 mi from the surf,, close to Pismo, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwardo
    But,

My key came in a Bag with a Horsey on it.
    Placed there by a team of trained Italian Woman.
    ;)

Edwardo

5. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    This should go up in the "sticky" Parts Cross Reference thread

Thank you very very much!

6. cmt6891

cmt6891 Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Encino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Carl T
    Any betyer quality locksmith should carry the key. It's basically a luggage/briefacse key from the '80's. I bought one recently from a local source for $2.95 out the door.

7. Easyrider7467

Easyrider7467 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2005
    Northen N.J.
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks very much for the info.
    I had purchased one of those keys on ebay and when I received it was quite disappointed to see that it wasnt what was dipicted. Contact the seller and he very amicably refunded me the cost and corrected the pic. Thank You.

I later passed the key on to a fellow Ferrari owner, who didnt have one. Although not as the original one, he was very thankful to now have one.

Gonna head over to your info and pick myself up a few. Thanks again.

8. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
  9. NYCFERRARIS

NYCFERRARIS Formula 3

Mar 2, 2004
    Anyone have a source for the 1982 308qv passenger seat rear locking map pocket? Any pics of yours would be helpful seems they came on a us version 1982 qv but not a 1983 could tht be?

10. Prashant Jolepalem

Mar 31, 2020
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    PJ
    I have the key, sent from directly from Atelier Amiet. It turns the lock but I still can't open the pocket. Any ideas?

11. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    Post a pic of the key.

12. Prashant Jolepalem

Mar 31, 2020
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    PJ
    Nevermind, I didn't know you had to pull down on the little circular thing to open it. It was unlocked the whole time! Oh well, at least I have a key for it now.