Looking for any information on this 02 575M | FerrariChat

Looking for any information on this 02 575M

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by LeoBRK, Oct 21, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Anyone familiar with Black Horse Motors in Florida? They have (2) 2002 575M's fully loaded, with low mileage.
    I have heard the Blue/Nart, had been in a accident, and apparently the entire body was repainted? Pictures look good on line.
    Has anyone seen or have any useful infor on either of these 2 vehicles?

http://cars.yakaz.com/ferrari-575-maranello

Much thanks,

Leo

2. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Leo, I saw the blue car at the Festival of Speed in Orlando about two weeks ago. Black Horse had a couple of their cars there. Know nothing about the cars history. This car presents itself very nicely. If you like the combination I would suggest looking into it's history closer.
    Bill
    FL

3. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Thanks, good to hear. I like the color combo, however, the blue carpets may be a bit much? I also believe the blue car is one of the owners personal vehicles?? Not sure how I feel about the entire body being repainted ?? Must have been some fender-bender!

4. wolfturbo

wolfturbo Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Rob W.
    Not just a "repaint". MAJOR accident damage!!! Run Forrest Run!!!!!!!

5. wolfturbo

wolfturbo Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Rob W.
    #5 wolfturbo, Oct 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2011
    Just one pic of the minor incident that I was able to locate!!!! There are more, but you get the picture (pun intended!!). Keep looking.

6. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Thanks for that picture! Well, that sums it up! NEXT;............
    There are more pictures??? No wonder the car needed all that paint work!!!! What a shame :(

Leo

7. needspeed

needspeed Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2006
    Middle of nowhere IA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #7 needspeed, Oct 24, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
    Forgive me for the noob question. If the car is properly repaired (rigorous PPI Inspection and it passes) and you were buying it to keep it a long, long time and put lots of milage on it and not care about resale would it still be a bad idea to pick it up. If you would decide to purchase it, what price would make sense $80K or so....just guessing.......Steve

8. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    He is firm at $98K.. Still high I think considering the damage. But I see your point.

9. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Leo- Too much for a 575M with documented crash damage. More like $80-85K. There are plenty of good 575Ms out there. Even FNA dealerships have or had cars in the mid-90s.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

10. needspeed

needspeed Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2006
    Middle of nowhere IA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    If I went with a 575 I would use it as a DD and put 6-8K a year on it. So would be happy if it made it 5 or more years before it needed replacement.....Still not ready to buy, but really appreciate the input......Steve

11. eagleye49

eagleye49 Karting

Oct 5, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    After what appears to have been a significant shunt, even a well-repaired Ferrari loses 20-30% of its value. The real issue is whether it was "well" repaired, Without an extensive inspection, and possibly even the use of a frame jig or frame machine, it might be difficult to tell. Look for a "no-stories" car, because even those will inevitably have niggling issues that may confound you for months after purchase. Good Luck!

12. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    Pass on this one...

Bill