Looking for a 1:43 scale Mondial 8 | FerrariChat

Looking for a 1:43 scale Mondial 8

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by judge4re, Sep 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I searched both the new and the old board and didn't find anything. Is there a 1:43 scale Mondial 8 model out there? I'd prefer red/tan and US spec, but anything high quality (read $40++) is fine. Any leads?

Thanks,
    Erik

2. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    I have bought a couple off of Ebay..I'm in the UK and both came from the States!

3. tonin0804

tonin0804 Formula Junior

May 3, 2004
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    You have the Look Smart models. Mondial T Coupe, Mondial T Cabrio, and Moncial 8 Racing. Around 120€ (145 USD).

4. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    That Mondial 8 racing looks alot more like a 3.2 to me...

Still I'm looking for a lowly Mondial 8, not a QV, not a 3.2, not a t.

5. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    I have a Mondial. Don´t know if it´s a 8, QV or 3.2 (how do I spot the difference?) but it is certainly no T. I believe it´s from Western. I´ll have to check when I get home.

6. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    I have a BBR 1/43 3.2, and I believe they also make a QV, which is identical externally to an 8.
    Will do some checking.

7. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Rough guide:

An 8 and a QV have black bumpers (an early 8 will have black intake vents). A QV will have a more streamlined dash with switchgear similar to a 328. A 3.2 will have an intergrate front grill a la the 328 design. A t will have 4 slats on the intake.

8. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix

OK, I checked and it does have the black bumpers. The front is similar to this one: [​IMG]

The manufacturer is SmallWheels and its in red (1:43).

I remember this model as one of my first 'expensive' models. Just had to have it. In all honesty though, the detailing on this model isn't all that fantastic. Certainly not in the BBR-league.

I believe MR Models did a Mondial 8 as well.

9. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    On a 1/43 scale car (especially a coupe), the internals are too small to be able to tell the differences between the cars. By a QV coupe from MR, your only choice at the moment unless you find an older Starter or Provenance Moulage kit.

10. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Is this correct?

11. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Yep, that's it. MR? Where can I get one?

12. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Erik,

Yes, it’s an MR and the model number you’re looking for is MR53A. I found the picture on this site http://www.ferrarimodelsclub.it/index.HTM. I did a quick search through Google and Vivisimo and was only able to find one store with a silver one in stock – looks like the red/tan are long gone. Although a more in-depth search may be successful.

Apart from eBay of course, the FerrariModelsClub site has a section where people list what they’re looking for or what they want to sell. Why don’t post your request there? Also, I suspect that the FChat detective agency may come through for you as well. Good luck.

13. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
  14. Gilles

Gilles Karting

Aug 10, 2003
    South of France