New to Ferrari chat.. first post **RECALL** | FerrariChat

New to Ferrari chat.. first post **RECALL**

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Bob Cohen, Apr 12, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bob Cohen

Bob Cohen Rookie

Apr 10, 2011
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Bob Cohen
    Hi everyone... I have frequented this site but decided to register as I wanted to share info as well as take advantage of some serious knowledge you guys have.

I received a phone call from my service advisor about a power steering fluid replacement. Don't know the full detail but he said it would take them a few hrs.

Anyone get the same call?

RC

2. Scude

Scude Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Scuderia Ferrari
    1st off, Welcome! I was told by service about this fluid update when I had taken car in for a speaker issue. I was told they'd call when they were ready to take car in for the update. I believe it was power steering fluid. Wasn't a recall according to them, it was an "update".

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Welcome to FChat.

It soes not take more than a few minutes to an hour to replace power steering fluid. Wonder if there is a bad seal in there somewhere? You owners should ask. Or maybe they are going from Dexron III equivalent to Dexron VI equivalent.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

4. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    I had this done on my 458. It is to change the fluid to a somewhat different fluid which is reportedly more robust. Takes a fair amount of time to get the old fluid out as they have to remove a front underpanel for access. About 1-2 hours in all.