355 rear emblem badge removal | FerrariChat

355 rear emblem badge removal

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by LetsJet, Sep 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I'm thinking of removing the wording "355F1spider" from the rear of the car. Is there an easy way to do this? I unscrewed the 4 philips head screws inside the engine bay and it loosened the black strip holding the black grill in. It seems the black strip has pop rivets to secure it on both sides. Any ideas?

2. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Apparently this is harder then I thought..............

3. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Anyone?

Is this that hard?

4. Capt

Capt Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    North of Boston
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #4 Capt, Nov 24, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ok, when you open the engine compartment lid for your 355, you will see 4 black phillips screws along the very top flat, above the grill that has the script you want to remove. Those 4 have to come out along with the rubber edging. That will allow you to remove the slim piece of grill that has the script on it. Be careful since the rear brake light is also mounted there and attached with a wire that can be disconnected. The script is held on by push pins through these one way nuts. They are a nightmare to get off and once you do, most likely you will need to replace the script since the posts that go through the nuts will get destroyed when you remove them.

Here are some quick pics:

Hope this helps.

-Michael
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Those are the same clips used to hold the various emblems on the car. I would recommend using a dental pick or very small screwdriver to pry the little parts of the clip back...better to destroy the $1.50 clips than the $70 emblem... ;)

6. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I agree

Capt:

Thanks for the picts. That explains a lot. On my car there is a metal strip that runs along the back holding the small "grill" in place. It is secured by two rivets. I didn't want to cut the rivets and was looking for a way to go in from behind. I think you show that it would not be possible.

Thanks