should start a campaign against the 458 pzeros..... | FerrariChat

should start a campaign against the 458 pzeros.....

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by johns930, Jul 28, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    #1 johns930, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
    this is what my fronts look like after 2k+ miles, i drive very aggresively in the mountains but never any track. Tire pressures are always not far from spec.
    People are also suggeting there might be an alignment issue on a 2k mile car??!!

the rears look and wear perfect, just the fronts that are blistered and inners wear more than the outters. I admit im on the verge of tire adhesion when i go out, but this looks like it got laps on a track!!!
    and it only did 2k miles!!
    My corsas on the scuderia lasted 4k+, how can this wear faster??
    for now i took it off its rims and rotated them and rotate the rears too.
    , will see how they feel this weekend.

forgot to say that my tire guy thinks the blisters may be caused by a lack of grip to the road, whatever that means...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    seems odd for 2K :eek:

3. 65 f.i.

65 f.i. Karting

Feb 10, 2008
    Santa Barbara, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Is this the kind of wear one would expect in track conditions? If you are driving on the edge of adhesion, isn't that similar to track conditions?

4. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    looks like a poorly aligned car, driven very hard.

5. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    Im sure I can abuse them a lot more on a track.

6. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    #6 johns930, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
    It's strange that BOTH the front tires have the exact same blisters and wear at the same places while the rears are fine.
    I will get an alignment when I do change to michelin PSS, but looks like bad batch of tires to me now.

7. Street&Track

Street&Track Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    I was going to suggest Michelin Super Sports, but it sounds like you are well aware of their longer wearing properties for the 458 and 599 GTO:)

I have 2000 miles on the Bridgestone's that came with my car. I have two track events on them and I am trying to get the SuperSports before my next event. My tires have worn heavily from the outer edges to the inner part of the tire as well.

I also noticed that the cars that were recently tested in the British Mag tests, had the Super Sports on them instead of the PZeros and Bridgestones that were first tested about a year ago and the performance numbers were greatly affected by the addition of the Super Sports. It sounds like, at least with spirited driving the tires can make all the difference:)

8. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    only downside is the PSS is twice as expensive as the stones S001 !!
    but does it last twice as long thats the question, however i think PSS wont blister like the pzeros for sure!

9. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    My car has done 15,000km on its original PZeros and there's still some wear left in them...