Ferrari 360 Headers by Fabspeed! | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 Headers by Fabspeed!

Discussion in '360/430' started by Fabspeed Motorsport, Aug 16, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    #1 Fabspeed Motorsport, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello Everyone,

I wanted to start a thread here on FChat for all of you 360 owners who still have your factory headers on your cars. Unlike the factory 355 and F430 headers, which are prone to cracks and failures, the 360 header design is actually pretty good. However, there are still have been some failures reported (especially now that 360s are anywhere between 8 and 13 years old). All U.S. bound 360s came from the factory with those pesky, power-stealing pre-cats buried in the headers.

Fabspeed has the solution. Our replacement headers are hand made in the USA and are a great addition to any 360, 360 Spider, Challenge Stradale, or Challenge car. They are made from T304 stainless steel and are polished to a mirror finish. We include all of the hardware needed to do the installation including new composite gaskets and heat shields. Removable air rails are included with every set as well (required for U.S. cars only).

In addition to being stronger and less prone to failures, our headers will create more power and sound while saving weight. Our headers are 15lbs lighter than the factory ones (even factoring in the heat shields). On our dyno, we saw an increase of 16hp and 10ft/lbs at 8500 rpm (dyno sheet below).

As members of this forum, I can offer you special pricing. Please email or PM me for your price. We have these headers in stock and ready to ship. Please let me know if you have any questions or if you would like to place an order. Thanks!

Please visit our website to see our full line of products for the 360:
    http://www.fabspeed.com/ferrari_360.html

http://www.fabspeed.com/index.html

Like us on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fabspeed-Motorsport/112917185464552

Jeff
    [email protected]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Headers are a must!

3. k4site

k4site Rookie

Oct 3, 2006
    What do you do about the check engine light?

4. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Concern would be cell issues. They look great I must say.

5. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    No cel with headers. Not that I know of especially with Fabspeed on the 360 and 430. Test pipes will throw off the CEL. Worse case scenario, Fabspeed has an ecru ref lash which should take cafe of the CEL if it should ever appear.

6. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I had their full setup on my 360, and with air rails, no CEL. Started off without air rails and did have a CEL. You need the obligatory ECU reflash and re-space the O2 sensors.

7. crapking

crapking Karting

Feb 4, 2006
    Houston Tx
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I will say that if an owner of an F40 compliments the sound of my 360 and Fabspeed has a huge part in it...I give Jeff at Fabspeed thumbs up! And major power gains as well. I love to stomp on the pedal...hehe

8. cleonard

cleonard Karting

Sep 17, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    Full Name:
    Colby
    I have their headers with air rails and high flow cats and got a CEL. I was a bit disappointed as I only was only willing to get the headers if I didnt get a CEL. They sold me the O2 spacers and said that would fix the problem. I havent had a chance yet to install them and see if it does.

Colby

9. Mattyrae

Mattyrae Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 17, 2011
    Did you disconnect the battery before installing?

10. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    They sure do look purdy but I'm surprised there wasn't a greater increase in power or torque. Obviously those pre-cats y'all have over there aren't so restrictive at all?

11. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    Yeah!
    Just to prevent an accident in the alternator area. Just for that.

12. Epwerkz

Epwerkz Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2010
    Jakarta,Indonesia
    Full Name:
    FXL
    Jeff

can it be fitted to RHD ??

13. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Yes, no problem.

14. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Hey Everyone,

Thank you for the compliments about our headers. The CEL issue with headers only is an interesting topic. Let me state: in a properly running, factory stock 360, you should not get a CEL from adding just our headers. In the past (with our first generation headers), it was possible to throw a code simply because we did not have air rails and the cats would not warm up fast enough. Also, the O2 sensor is extremely sensitive and needs to be handled very carefully. If you touch it with dirty fingers, it will most likely cause a CEL. We also recommend disconnecting the battery before you begin the install and reconnect it when you are complete.

That being said, we are removing a small cat element and therefore the emissions levels will slightly increase... but it should not be enough to through the cat efficiency code. If you combine new headers with test pipes(or maybe even sport cats), you may need to take another step (O2 sensor extender or ECU reflash) to keep the codes away.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Jeff
    [email protected]

15. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Mine's a Euro car so as far as I knon it has no pre-cats in the headers.

To the best of my knowledge I also have no air rails on my OEM headers and therefore no air injection system to utilize the air rail system on your headers. Does the stock US car have the air injection system on the stock headers and if not how does one use your air rail?

16. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    That is correct, your car does not have precats or air rails. For non-US cars, we include caps for the air rail system. They are fully removable. You should have zero chance for a CEL on a Euro car. Thanks!

Jeff

17. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I recently fitted these Fabspeed headers on my 360, will post pictures soon but they look fabulous in the engine bay, save weight, increase performance and improve sonics? I didn't get any CEL issues.

Whats not to like?

Only pain is getting them fitted. Took a good few hours with a spanner but it was worth it! They are IMHO engineered at a higher quality than the factory items and they look a million times better too.

Only recommendation I'd go with is ceramic coating for even better scavenging of heat out of the engine bay.

Well done on such a good product! Gets my thumbs up!

18. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Thanks! It is not a quick job, but well worth it!

Jeff

19. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    we should do a group buy on these and get the price down to something that's too good to pass on ;-)

if trev likes them i think that's the best endorsement you can get on this board. his car is insane.

20. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Hmm... that may be something to consider. Chime in if you are interested and I will do some math once I get an estimated head count. Thanks!

Jeff

21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    is the power gain on the chart with or without ECU programming? My concern is that once you change something you must compensate with tuning to avoid a LOSS of power.

If I get my car dynoed befoer and afetr adn there is not a power gain will you pay for the shop time and take back the headers?

22. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    The car that we used for the dyno testing did have our muffler and sport cats on, but not an ECU upgrade. We would have preferred to dyno it with just the headers, but that wasn't an option. As you can see, the before and after is essentially the same until you get into the higher reaches of the revs. The sound improvements are there from idle to redline though!

Jeff

23. Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer Formula Junior

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    I might be interested in a group-buy special. Won't know what deal we might get if we don't ask! :)

24. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    OK Guys, lets try something a bit different. If you are interested in a group buy for our 360 headers, please send me a PM by Monday Morning 8/22. I will reply to all of your PM's with a price and a minimum number of buyers by early next week. Please keep in mind that the group buy price isn't going to by anything crazy like 50% off, but it will be a significant discount.

Please tell your friends who may be interested... the more the merrier! Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Jeff

25. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Estimate install costs 360