Thoughts on this 430? | FerrariChat

Thoughts on this 430?

Discussion in '360/430' started by utah997, Aug 28, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. utah997

utah997 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2007
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Doug
  2. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    In addition to, or replacing the Murci?

3. utah997

utah997 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2007
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Addition too.. :)

4. Trent

Trent Formula 3

Dec 10, 2003
    Indialantic, FL
    Full Name:
    Trent
    I think at 140K its easily 10K over priced for a 06 coupe with black leather this close to winter.

>If you must have CC, then a Plus. I dont want the 20K brake job and the steel brakes are very good this side of the track.
    >I love the seats
    >I dont like the challenge wheels on the 430, to me it makes it look like a CS, which is beautiful but makes the car look a bit more dated than it is.
    >Black leather is not as popular (on red), reducing demand in the supply/demand equation. But its clearly subjective.
    >Recent service is a plus

With the release (ok, official announcement) of the 458 spider, 430 prices will slip a bit more this winter than last IMO. So if you can wait a few months, it will probably either reduce the purchase price, or bring more potential vehicles into this price range.

5. 9650max

9650max Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2011
    Since you can obviously afford an expensive car and it is the one you like I would go for it. Is a few thousand dollars possibly to be gained by waiting a big deal to you? you can play that game forever. A case can be made for waiting, it's like a return on your money. Since you are shopping it's evident that you want a car. I like the challenge wheels and the seats really make the car unique. Either way you can't lose. Have fun. There will always be somebody who knows somebody who got a car for less or a better deal or more options or etc. If the brakes are good when you get the car they will last a very long time.

6. hmfic1

hmfic1 Karting

Aug 15, 2011
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Take a look at Ferrari of Seattle site, they have an 07, loaded, great color, have better chance of them coming of of price because of winter, then you do in Scottsdale, hot as hell here right now, and seattle going into winter.

just a thought,

7. utah997

utah997 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2007
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Interesting.. thanks.

8. utah997

utah997 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2007
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Doug
    All good points. However the CC brakes are a plus in my book. I like the wheels, however if that changes that's an easy fix. I agree, the seats are cool. I've looked at probably 20 f430's and haven't seen those sport seats in any others (not sure how common they are overall)

Yeah, I agree on the black leather.. but for some reason I just can't stand the lighter color on the 430 interiors.. (not sure why)

Thanks for the feedback.. much appreciated.

9. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Is Cuoio still too light?

10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Looks like a nice car with more than the usual options. New clutch is a plus.

My suggestion: buy it if you like it or you'll look forever. There will always be another one to mess with your mind.

I wouldn't worry about the black interior. If anything, it wears a lot less and how often do you park it in the sun? I had many black interiors in cars I owned in Phoenix and I don't think it makes much difference -- they are all hot.

11. utah997

utah997 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2007
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Good advice.

I actually prefer the black leather. It would rarely (if ever) be parked in the sun. If it's at home, it's in the garage, if it's at the office, it's in the warehouse.

12. utah997

utah997 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2007
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Doug
    On the 430 yes.. (in my opinion)

13. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    One thing I like about this car actually IS the mileage. It's not too low that you have to worry about every single mile. It will make a good driver. Just treat it well and keep good records and the next guy will also want it for the same reason.

If you get it, have a blast with it. That's what it was built for! :)

14. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I've been told by dealers that sport seats are a tough sale. I guess that's why there aren't very many-----but if you want them, don't worry about it. Another option is to buy one with regular seats and put in recarros or similar.

Dave

15. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Really? I've not sat in them in a 430 but I have the 458's sport seats and I was shocked at how comfortable they were. They sure look nice.

Is it because they don't have electric adjustment?

16. utah997

utah997 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2007
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Well.. let's put it this way. I like the LOOK of them.

Flying down tues to inspect in person before wiring money.... I guess I'll know then.

17. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Let your butt decide for you! :)

Good luck!

18. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Nice care but I too think over priced $10k. I had the same car same year same options with 9,000 but black and I sold it in Nov 2010 for $137,500 and the market has droped since then

19. utah997

utah997 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2007
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Interesting.. original clutch?

20. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    If money is no big issue, just go for it and drive the crap out of her. There will always bd another as Anders mentioned. Else, restrategise and go for a 16M instead?

21. Red 27

Red 27 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 2, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave
  22. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    +1

23. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
  24. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yes, but still doesn't disqualify the car as being a good one. It's just one person's claim vs another. "Major" repair to some is a resprayed bumper to someone else.

A PPI should give an honest evaluation. With everything, it's buyer beware. I only believe what I see what my own eyes and from people I trust.

No offense to Carbon but it's just another unsubstantiated internet claim -- but one that deserves to be looked into. Let someone on the ground make that call.

25. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I'm out to dinner with Jerry; I'll post what I know what I get home. But as for unsubstantiated claims, the information came from one of you guys - a fellow FerrariChat member who paid for the PPI, and was kind of enough to contact me with the information so that future prospective buyers could get it free of charge.