Countach project | FerrariChat

Countach project

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Chadbourn Bolles, Sep 16, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chadbourn Bolles

Chadbourn Bolles Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles
    I am selling my 82 Countach project. Any interest please email me at the following address:

[email protected]

Thanks
    Chadbourn Bolles

2. 7veloce

7veloce Karting

Aug 19, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #2 7veloce, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Car is Feb of 82 build date with 20,000 km;.

Rebuilt engine, new pistons/rings/bearings/gaskets, etc, etc. Had custom valve guides made to use valve stem seals. Rebuilt water pump, radiators cleaned, new sending switch for fan installed. Installed new pin drive for speedo right angle drive, and new speedo cable. Exhaust manifolds ceramic coated, all water pipes powder coated, New Quicksilver Sport exhaust system. Diff/oil pan assy. stripped cleaned new drive shaft coupler VITON seal installed. Engine is .020 over size. pistons balance to within .01 gr, crankshaft and rods also balanced, they are within 1/4 gr.

Replaced the right rear lower control arm from frame to aluminum up right, had a slight bend in it. Under carriage - no damage.

Car is yellow and was white when new, it has the Euro front bumper and all braces for the US bumper have been removed.

It looks like someone kicked a soccer ball into the rocker panel on the drivers side.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. 7veloce

7veloce Karting

Aug 19, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Anyone knows the history of this 82 yellow Countach (originally white)? Car no. 1121448. Joe?

4. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Unfortunately all I know is that its a handful of cars from the end of S3 production...

5. skipgt4

skipgt4 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    GR Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles VDB
    could you clarify the "handful of cars"

6. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    last VIN should be 1468

7. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Sorry, I should have said it is within the last 10 cars.

8. P300V8

P300V8 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2010
    London U.K.
    hmmm... is that actually two handfuls?

9. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I'd agree with that. Meanwhile I haven't been very helpful with the history because I don't know it...

10. 7veloce

7veloce Karting

Aug 19, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Any estimates on how much you will have to spend on this car to make a "daily driver" without new paint job and leather work? Just get the car on the road.

11. Champboat/Champcar

Champboat/Champcar Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    ...................................................................................................................................My guess would be about 60 hours of labor and elbow grease . give or take a few hours .

12. Chadbourn Bolles

Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles
    Keep this in mind, IF you have never owned a Countach this would not be a good deal for you. If you say well I have a buddy that has worked on one before, ask him if he has ever taken one completly apart and put it back together, if not, then stay away from him.
    If you get something like this and are into cars like this, then maybe, just take lots of time.

I figure I can have engine in car in maybe 45 min. all hook ups done in maybe 6 hours. Then again this is the 10th Countach I have owned and kinda know the ins and outs of the car.
    Chadbourn Bolles
    803 532 6257
    803 798 3044 cell

Any estimates on how much you will have to spend on this car to make a "daily driver" without new paint job and leather work? Just get the car on the road.[/QUOTE]

13. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    History shows that Chad has been very reasonable with the price on cars (and parts). I really do not think anyone will be upside down unless you make bad descions.

14. 7veloce

7veloce Karting

Aug 19, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Thanks Peter. Yes, indeed Chad is reasonable and up front. I like that.

15. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    First owner was Jean Claude Mimran...

16. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    This car went to member "LP400S" if I'm correct.

17. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    yes, I'm trying to find the first registration date in switzerland to ease him the registration in his country.

18. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    +1

Good luck with the sale Chad.

19. That's correct. And then he disappeared.

20. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    Say it isn't so Chad? You told me that your wife would not allow you to sell it. Why the change of heart? You can PM me or call me if you don't care to share with others. Hope all is well with you!

21. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    just for your info, Chad sold the car already in 2011, it's in norway. I'm in contact with the current owner since we both own Ex-Mimran cars.

22. Chadbourn Bolles

Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles
    Say it isn't so Chad? You told me that your wife would not allow you to sell it. Why the change of heart? You can PM me or call me if you don't care to share with others. Hope all is well with you.

That was the 82 LP400S, not my 87 QV. I have cams on order, pistons on order, crankshaft being worked on, new valves are here, new sleeves have been installed.
    Maybe on day, I may show some of the parts I have had made. Forgot to mention, new rods are being ordered also. Already have custom exhaust system made. Also having made a double disk push clutch that can take 800 ft lb torque.

On another note, am expecting in, what is suppose to be the last LP400S made, also a Diablo GT, the bad boy Diablo. Plus a 72 Jarama, that is to be built into a hot rod for the customer, that will be fun. Also a DD QV for an engine out reseal. Also have a lead on a LP400, so if all goes well will have that in my shop, I hope soon.
    Chadbourn Bolles
    803 532 6257
    email: [email protected]

23. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Here's an interesting thing about PM's, they're not so private. Most, if not all forums, can be read by the Mods.
    There is one forum that is a prime example of Mods reading PM's between members. It's not here or LP.

24. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Lets not get confused... that car was sold 3 years ago by Chad.. Raymond was just updating some info about ownership. it is not like it just got sold

25. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    Oh crap had me puzzled there for a min. Didn't see this was a 3 year old thread. Why do people bump 3 year old threads out of the blue? lol