Triangle Italians 4th Annual Toy Drive, December 3rd | FerrariChat

Triangle Italians 4th Annual Toy Drive, December 3rd

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Owens84QV, Nov 5, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    It's that time of the year again!!

On Saturday December 3rd, the Triangle Italians will be hosting our 4th Annual Toy Drive for the Durham Rescue Mission.

This is our opportunity to give the gift of generosity to those much less fortunate than ourselves. With your help, the kids at the Durham Rescue Mission can have a Christmas that most of us take for granted.

The guidelines for a Christmas present are as follows:
    - Boys & Girls ages 12 and under
    - Please make sure the gift remains unwrapped

Our plan for the morning will be as follows:
    - We will meet @ Brier Creek (our normal location) between 8:30 and 9:00AM
    - We will start lining up cars ~10:15 and leave the parking lot around 10:30. I'll be working with the Raleigh Police to get Lumley closed off so we can exit onto 540 as a group.
    - Our destination and toy drop-off point this year will be Mambo Italiano (http://mamboitalianonc.com/) in Apex.
    - The Durham Rescue Mission will have a truck @ Mambo and they will have donation receipts there if you need / want one.

** I will bring maps for our drive **

For those in the Cary / Apex / Holly Springs / Fuquay area, we will be meeting @ Leith VW at 8:00AM, departing there around 8:15.

A very sincere "thank you!" to everyone in advance for helping with this toy drive! We look forward to seeing everyone out there! You guys rock!

Merry Christmas! Greg

2. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
  3. Impervious

Impervious Karting

Sep 20, 2010
    So this is not a Ferrari specific event? Any guess on how many cars will show up?

4. tamf328

tamf328 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2005
    last year there was a huge turn out. Not all Ferrari....
    i think there are some pictures posted on this site somewhere.???

5. Impervious

Impervious Karting

Sep 20, 2010
    Sounds like fun. Any pictures from previous years? I am definitely interested.

6. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
  7. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    I will be there. thanks for organizing

8. mlc

mlc Karting

Nov 11, 2008
    Hello Greg,

The S2000 community will be there again this year. We have 25 cars so far and I am hoping for 30+.

Really looking forward to it.

Kevin

9. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Kevin...you guys are absolutely fantastic! I cannot wait for our drive. I'll be calling the Raleigh and Apex PD's tomorrow to get them all lined up!

10. White Knight

White Knight Formula 3

Aug 22, 2011
    Ogden, UT
    Full Name:
    Todd S.
    Greg,

As Andrea and I are also committed to the FCI canned food event that day, is it possible for us to hand-off our toys to somebody before the caravan departs so we can continue up to Greensboro? With these cars, space may be limited, but we're trying to figure out the best way to support both events.

11. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Todd...absolutely. While we'd love to have you drive with us, your generosity is very much appreciated and also excited to see you guys drive to FCI to participate in thier event as well. We always have a "sleigh" designated for those who cannot make the drive, but have gifts. Let me know if I can pick up a donation receipt for you.

12. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    OK...Raleigh PD contacted and email sent!

13. DCNSX

DCNSX Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    Winston-Salem, NC
    BUMP !!!

Greg- I'm still on the fence. But bought the toys today. Need to make arrangements to get them to you if I can't make the drive.

14. fchip

fchip Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Chip G
    Greg -

I hope to pick up the 308 from the shop this week in time for the festivities on Saturday. The Roadscholar crew are putting the pieces back together right now. Katherine and I will work on a backup plan if the Fcar is not ready in time. See you Saturday.

15. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Howard...my week is open and if you can't make it (in selfishness...I hope you can!)...I'll meet you anywhere convenient. Cheers!

16. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Chip...very much looking forward to seeing the Italian lass in her new paint!

17. ActionFigure

ActionFigure Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2005
    Cary NC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    The weather looks good for this... chilly with the top down but sunny!

18. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Yep! I was checking the weather yesterday and very happy it will be clear with some chill in the air. See you on Saturday!

19. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Greg. Is clothing as welcome as toys for the kids? Any suggestions on what the Mission says the kids could really use/need? Thanks, keith

20. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Not sure about clothing...no one has ever asked! The only requirements the Mission has ever given us is Boy & Girls ages 12 and under...and the gift needs to be unwrapped.

21. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #21 Owens84QV, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Dear Greg and friends. We should have a beautiful day Saturday. I'd just like to share how great I felt after a toy shopping trip yesterday. Janet and I have no kids, nieces, nephews, etc., so I am a clueless rookie when it comes to kid shopping. I asked both the store employees and a couple of shoppers I saw with kids what to buy for kids under 12 and told them why I was buying. Everyone went out of their way to help. One shopper's 9 year old boy went right to a transformers car thing when I asked him what he'd want from Santa, so I bought a couple. Great charity we are supporting and I am very pleased to be a part of our group. Thanks, Keith

23. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #23 Owens84QV, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Keith...you rock!...seriously! I've donated my time @ The Durham Rescue Mission and I can tell you first hand how these kids will react when they unwrap a gift and see a Transformers toy under the packaging...they will freak out. These kids have nothing and the families are rebuilding themselves. My wife and I went out last night and did round #2 of toy shopping for these kids...I picked up some footballs, basketballs and some Hot Wheels car packs.

You are awesome my friend. And yes, our Lord above is blessing us with a perfect day! I like the last description "Snowy Weather Arrives"...ya buddy!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    T-24 hours y'all!

25. mlc

mlc Karting

Nov 11, 2008
    #25 mlc, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
    Weather looks great for tomorrow.

We are up to 30 cars and I am hoping for some stragglers to show as well. There are also several people that are coming NOT in any kind of "car" but just want to support the cause and get to check out some of the hardware. If everyone I have spoken to shows up we should be around 50 to 60 people. Some coming from Northern Virginia and Greenville, SC and several from the Charlotte area as well.

See everyone at Brier Creek!!

Kevin