Confirmation: did Ronin crash today? | FerrariChat

Confirmation: did Ronin crash today?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by TestShoot, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    #1 TestShoot, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    On my way to the 94th Aero for brunch with a friend, we saw what I believe was Frank's (aka Ronin), Exige spun out and Frank in a neck brace. Any confirmations? This was around 10, westbound on the 101 just before the 405.

Is Frank alright?

This is the car and driver. Except the rims are only orange on the edge
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
    This thread is like the Op, G***

3. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    #4 TestShoot, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
    I am not sure why you have an issue with me. Frank is known for some less than safe behaviour on the roads. After seeing this wreck with Frank still in the car, and not seeing the other car, I am not sure what to think other than actual concern for his well being.

We hope that this is a wake up for whomever is responsible. It is hard to take when it is someone we all know.

Also, I drive past a total of four wrecks today, the last one being a fatality. I am sure the victim there was just minding their own business as well.

4. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011

The fact is you're ____________ who acts like a son of a billionaire people know you and frankly people on here laugh at you. I truly think you have your wires crossed, perhaps you might be wrong on your assumptions. Honestly I really hope your not one to gloat on someones misfortune as per your comment. I'd like to see you build up a serious car as frank has instead of borrowing cars from L.O.B.H.

I think there was a story back on here some where you were acting as if you had a 550 and it was written off but, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ?

5. Bradjohnston

Bradjohnston Karting
    BANNED

Jul 6, 2011
    Anyone who knows anything about Ronin knows what a POS he is. Hope your wives and families never encounter that old foul mouthed fool on the road. Glad he survived, hopefully his car didnt.

6. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    #7 TestShoot, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
    In all fairness, I defended Frank on Lambpower against Allan and the mods and some username shenanigans. I am genuinely concerned for the guy, regardless if he even ever acknowledged my presence. At the end of the day he is alive and well and able to talk **** back, and not in the morgue. For this I am happy. I don't care how much crap people talk to each other, nobody needs to die, and we have seen way too many tragedies.

I look at it as a lightweight car, loads of power, cold slicks, maybe light on gas, bad road and a bad situation. No other car needs to be involved to see the potential for danger. He is alive, the car will be rebuilt better and stronger. But the combination of these things on a public road is just not a good idea. I don't care who is driving, that is just too much for the street, call me a pu**y if you will, I'd trailer something that powerful.

The kind of exotic car machismo that runs around here, be it Ronin, VRalexander, or any number of people, is too volatile to let it go. We gotta keep each other in check, be it drifting a statioin wagon, or a fire breathing exotic, if you drive like a choirboy, there won't be any doubt as to who could be at fault. Yeah, I should be so blessed as to achieve the level of finances and engineering that went in to his car, but I probably would not have a spotlight on me for flaunting it. Have fun, be wild and crazy, but do so in a way that of it all goes wrong, you are the only person involved.

Edit: this is roughly the same area a Lambo went airborn a few years ago. Correct? Those roads do suck.

7. ronin exige

ronin exige Karting

Jun 9, 2011
    So much for you scumbag haters but here's the facts.

I was getting onto the fwy at Woodman and noticed a Porsche in my rear view as I was going up the on ramp, 5 sec. later while I was getting into the number two lane on my way out to Mulholland I get slammed in the left rear and spun around, the next think I know I'm ass end in the K rail on the right side of the road…. It seems that the ****in Porsche rammed into me and then drove off….
    I was lucky that there was no other traffic nearby and I had a good samaritan stop her car behind me to block traffic from running into me while I was ass end into the K rail …She may have just saved my life…She called 911 and stayed till the Paramedics got to me…..
    It's funny how some people just suck and some are a joy…

No speeding no cold tires just a dickhead in a Porsche that didn't know how to drive on a four lane open road with zero traffic... it was a hit and run..

8. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    He is a hard person to defend. I for one would bet no 911 was ever there. Sorry if this upsets 360turbo the guy has been kicked off of several places because of his manners or lack there of.

Read his post. He's like a 15 year old talking with his buddies. Glad he's ok as well that's it.

9. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Frank, I am glad you are ok. I wanted to pull over, but CHP was adamant about us moving forward. Probably not the time and place to get an introduction. You looked like you were in a great deal of pain as well, and it would not be appropriate, but a friendly face even from a stranger, had it been me, would have been welcome. Love/hate, you are home and ok and posting. Speedy recovery.

10. Drew_4RE

Drew_4RE Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 19, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    Drew
    What are you so worked up about? Testshootcam hasn't posted anything derogatory and has only said he's glad frank is safe.

11. DoctorWill

DoctorWill Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2010
    Playa Vista
    Full Name:
    Will
    +1, did I miss something here? I thought the OP was done out of concern, there was no judgement or criticism in the original post?

12. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I don't know you and I don't care but your story sounds like total BS....

13. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I don't know you and I don't care but your story sounds like total BS....

14. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

I can only think of one thing to say....

"Police reports are public record."

15. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
    +1 u get a gold star now.

lie.

+1 now you get 2 gold stars.

Let's see what Allan Lambo is up to.

16. Bradjohnston

Bradjohnston Karting
    BANNED

Jul 6, 2011
    Typical scumbag Ronin response.. Too bad you didnt hit your head a little bit harder... as for your story, sounds like total BS. Since when is it legal to run slicks on the road?

17. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    So, you ran it?

18. ronin exige

ronin exige Karting

Jun 9, 2011
    I think it's your responce that's from a scumbag...

Kuhmo V710 tires are DOT legal in Ca. and what bearing does the type of tire on my car have to do with being rear ended at 60-65 mph by some jackoff on a wide open fwy have to do with the facts....

Please hate based on fact not fanboy hearsay....

PS: thanks Testshoot for your concern, god forbid this happens to anyone here not wearing a harness..

19. Bradjohnston

Bradjohnston Karting
    BANNED

Jul 6, 2011
    Yes, Im sure some guy just decided he wanted to stuff his porsche right up your ass.. Its only a coincidence that the damage took place on the left side of your crapbomb corresponding with the direction you were turning into.. Time for bifocals...

20. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    You wrote this as though you actually think people care about what you say and do?

LMAO!

21. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    where do I send the bill for the keyboard I just spit my coffee all over :)

22. SoCalFXX

SoCalFXX Rookie

Apr 16, 2012
    It's illegal to make a lane change unless it's safe to do so. If the back of your car hits the front of another car while YOU are in the process of changing lanes, how on earth do you argue the other guy is the jackass???

Nobody takes responsibility any more; no matter what, it's the others guys fault. Pathetic!

Next time, look over your shoulder...

23. Trincap

Trincap Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2010
    NorCal
    Guy or gal in the lane had the right of way not you. From the damage, it looks to me as if you merged while the porsche was coming up on you and he nailed you in the left rear. I don't know if you signaled or not. I don't know if you flash changed into his lane or not but regardless it was his/her lane. You seem to have quite the reputation. I am glad you are ok though and hope you look next time.
    On a side note, wait that's a picture of you? Do you normally speak like some sort of gangsta wannabe 16 year old? It's very unusual for a man of your age.

24. Vantage007

Vantage007 Formula 3

Jul 5, 2009
    Toronto
    Interesting first post...