CS Stripe | FerrariChat

CS Stripe

Discussion in '360/430' started by ASK328, Jun 20, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #1 ASK328, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
    Been trying to contact the place in Australia, however no response. I'm looking for one for my CS, any other sources for a factory spec Stripe?

Thanks,

AK

2. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I bought mine from the Australia guys. It was easy. Just email them.

3. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I Fchated them, emailed them 3 times, and contacted them via their website form. They must be on Holiday or something, they have an active listing on eBay so it's strange.

Detailer is scheduled to put it on first of the week, after one of those ridiculous reconditioning details that makes the car perfect.

4. THonda

THonda Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    TH
    If you are talking about F360 Performance Parts, they are great to deal with and the stripes are really high quality. Wait for them to respond it will be worth it.

5. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I'm going to, thank you. They must be on Holiday.

6. margarita

margarita Formula 3

Mar 20, 2011
    usa
    stickercity.com

7. Spider360Matt

Spider360Matt Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2012
    California
    thats who I used.

8. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    He just got back to me with the stripe info, Thanks for the help.

9. Frenzo

Frenzo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2006
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    Brenden Bonning
    I was, doing the touristy thing in Chicago, Washington DC and New York. :)
    Really appreciate all the positive comments. :)
    Ciao
    Brenden

10. Spider360Matt

Mar 14, 2012
    California
    These deadbeats took there price and doubled it....and wont take any questions regarding that. Literally, I purchased the SCUD stripe for $199.00 on April 5, and 6 weeks later its $399.00 with no explanation whatsoever.

Im sure if I ordered it they would promptly take my money though...

11. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Capitalism! Sheezz, what are they thinking? They actually want to make money? How dare they! I can't imagine any business making money from selling things. Its just unacceptable!

I had a lady one time ask to buy a big heavy car battery for her Toyota. I gave her the price and she then she took it upon herself to look up the wholesale cost on-line. She then told me what I had paid for the battery / and then insisted that I sell it to her for the same figure. She was CERTAIN that I should NOT be allowed to make any profit & said I should be ashamed to even think of doing so (really).

I invited her to attempt to have that wholesale battery shipped directly to her so she would not have to endure my shameful ways any-longer.

I suggest that you do the same with those deadbeat capitalist at Stickercity my man.

12. sanchezdds

sanchezdds Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2009
    California
    +1 Love it!

13. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    Well, there's no doubt they visited the F360 Performance Parts site and said what the Hell, we will price match....the other way....Lol. Only catch is that Ferrari guys will most likely opt to go with the F360 Performance Parts site as they're Ferrari based :).

To each their own and yessir we do live in a Capitalist country....look who's running(trying to anyway :) it!

14. Spider360Matt

Mar 14, 2012
    California
    #15 Spider360Matt, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
    Come on...doubling a price is pretty lame. Capitalism is the engine behind me being in an F-Car, but lets be real about whats reasonable.

Your story has little to do with the context of mine. Today your wholesale battery is $200.00 and without any other market condition or impact tomorrow it raises it to $400.00. Im sure that impacts your business model and you may have a problem with that - at least question it with protest...that little old lady would have some questions about your business model too - that would be justified.

I understand the rules of Capitalism "my man"...just making fellow F-Chatters aware of the rapid and significant changes in price that might deserve a question or two.

15. Spider360Matt

Mar 14, 2012
    California
    now thats the more likely reason behind the change.

16. Spider360Matt

Mar 14, 2012
    California
    and as a follow up, I just received word that they will honor the pricing previously posted because I am an existing customer. Good news in the end.

17. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    If you had caught it.... Once the Stripe revolution on our cars is over they'll revert back to the original prices....

18. Spider360Matt

Mar 14, 2012
    California
    capitalism in its finest moment. haha!

19. Frenzo

Frenzo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2006
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    Brenden Bonning
    That depends. :D:D
    You usually get what you pay for. :(:(

20. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Hi, can someone please take a measure of you CS stripe & post the width here? Thanks.

Need the large white base & if you can also give the colored ones. Am pondering if I should sticker it or paint.

21. Spider360Matt

Mar 14, 2012
    California
    its a high end 3M product. Ive previously purchased it...and just put it on like a rookie.

22. Frenzo

Frenzo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2006
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    Brenden Bonning
    It's 215 mm, but you can buy the factory one as a spare part from Ricambi.
    You stick it on the car and apply half a dozen coats of clear and it's done.
    Probably cost you about the same as it was new, somewhere between 6 and 8 thousand dollars.;);)
    Or you can buy one of ours, can't pick it from a factory one, until you run your fingers over the edge and it will set you back $350 for the best product on the market.:):)
    Ciao
    Brenden