Refined-Marques.com by Ahmed Al Bakry - Scumbag | FerrariChat

Refined-Marques.com by Ahmed Al Bakry - Scumbag

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by jmvdesign, Aug 24, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jmvdesign

jmvdesign Rookie

Nov 3, 2011
    #1 jmvdesign, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2013
    I'm a freelance car designer from Canada and have done several wheel designs and bodykit for various tuner companies over the years. In 2011, I designed and rendered a Ferrari 458 Italia GT Concept Kit (as seen by my first Ferrarichat.com post a year ago: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343754) as a concept study and published it on my website to showcase my designs and rendering abilities. This man Ahmed Al Bakry, claiming to represent some French car dealer and claiming to be an actual Ferrari 458 Italia owner approached me with these e-mails:

First E-mail:

John

is it only exterior kit?
    or do you also tune the engine?

can you please send he some picutres of hte exterior and interior to look
    at?

thanks
    take care
    Ahmed AL-Bakry
    PDG / Chairman
    Star Electric Cars France LTD
    www.minihummer.fr
    [email protected]
    Tel: +33.(0).6.78.14.62.90
    Fax: +33.(0).4.92.97.64.67

Second E-mail:
    Dear Sir

i am very much interested in the Ferrari 458 Italia GT that you have on your site in yellow colour.

i would like ot ask about the price of the modification on an actual Ferrari 458 which could be sent to you to make it.
    how much does it cost?
    do you make an tuning to the engine?
    brankes?
    suspension?
    .... etc.

do you also make hte interior?
    if yes can you please send me picutres. to see how does the interior looks like.
    i would like to have my car done in the same way. perfect job, super nice, your a genious and a sporty classy taste

i would like to know the full price to make my Ferrari 458 like hte yellow one?

waiting for your reply

regards
    Ahmed AL-Bakry
    PDG / Chairman
    Star Electric Cars France LTD
    www.minihummer.fr
    [email protected]
    Tel: +33.(0).6.78.14.62.90
    Fax: +33.(0).4.92.97.64.67

I replied:

> Ahmed,
    >
    > Unfortunately, the Ferrai 458 Italia GT Kit is still under development.
    > I'm still looking for a manufacturer and supplier who can build a
    > prototype/final product. I will let you know as soon as the project goes
    > forward and will accept orders. Thank you for your interest.
    >
    > Regards,
    >

He then goes on to call me to really inquire about the bodykit design and how he was serious to make a deposit and connect me to a manufacturer in Europe who will build it for his car. But before that, he wanted to see the car in black. As I had numerous renders of this car already, I sent him a couple of black renderings to give him an idea. I kept optimistic and professional about the whole situation but then the whole "deal" he wanted to pursue was buried and forgotten in the last year.

Fast forward to present day, I was tipped off by another Lamborghini owner that was familiar with my Ferrari kit and notified me that he saw it for sale on Ahmed's website refined-marques.com.

http://refined-marques.com/Ferrari-458-italia/

As I recall, I had no other contacts with this man and never gave him to use my images to showcase them on to his dealer website. All along I thought he was an actual 458 Italia owner just asking for a quote about my design.

Now, on all of my renders published online, I have my signature information along with my e-mail and website address as a watermark identification to all my published designs. I noticed that Ahmed has cropped them out and placed them on his website for sale.

On the black renderings I sent him a year ago. I found them with his website plastered on it now being advertised on his Refined-marques.com Facebook fanpage as seen here:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/170421_494048150609510_1979145510_o.jpg
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/256538_494619007219091_1825934803_o.jpg

I politely e-mailed him asking him to take down the images through his e-mail account ([email protected]) and that I did not authorize him to use my images to be used for his business. After no response, I ****ted on his Facebook page and spammed how he had no authority to use my images and I gave him no permission to claim that the 458 Italia car with my bodykit design was for his to sell.

He took off all my comments on his Facebook page and disabled his comment feature. He goes on to finally call me and I confronted him that we had no deal for him to try and sell my design nor gave him permission to have my images to be used for his business. After I continuously called him out on his unprofessional practice, he broke and resulted to badmouth me insinuating that:

"I will be sorry"
    "To watch my back"
    "He will make ONE phone call to bury me"
    "Have his lawyers sue me"
    "Make me disappear"
    "To write him a letter of an apology (LOL)"
    "He will do something extremely drastic to hurt me"

After I kept irritating him by asking him what exactly he is going to do over and over again, he hung up.

Then he further goes on to harass me on further e-mails calling me:

"a barking little dog"
    "you really are pathetic. best of luck.. if u watch uk tv be sure to see footage of the next autolegends show. prick"

On the contrary, I'm not here to claim that I designed the 458 Italia but I did however spend a lot of time to conceptualize and render the actual 458 Italia GT Concept Kit images for my portfolio. I am also aware that when I upload my designs on the internet there will be people like Ahmed who will steal these designs and claim it for themselves. I can call them out no problem and it's not that big of a deal for me. It has happened before and have contacted these people and compromised peaceful resolutions. But when you have scumbags like Ahmed, personally calling me and making these death threats, it becomes serious matter.

I do intend to work with the right, reputable, and honest manufacturer to make this concept into a realization one day. But when you have these scumbags trying to lure you to give them what they want and do something with it behind your back, like use your portfolio images and claim it that it's their design disregarding the credit to the original designer, they deserve to be exposed to show everyone about their malicious form of practice. Not to mention he is trying to sell a car that doesn't even exist.

I did research him and his company and found out he has done the same to some members on here. After further a few google searches I eventually found out that he has scammed other people. I'd like to make this post and invite everyone else manipulated by this man to share their stories.

2. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    We're no strangers to this dirtbag here. He was a "sponsor" of this site for a World Record one day until it became obvious what a pathetic crook he was.

3. Ventador

Ventador Rookie

Feb 23, 2012
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ventador
    L.c. Exotics
    18. Februar
    SO THIS IS WHAT KIND OF TREATMENT I GET FROM THE CHAIRMAN OF REFINED-MARQUES THIS IS NOT A BUSINESS MAN!!! THIS PICTURE WILL BE POSTED EVERYWHERE FROM AHMED AL BAKERY GOOD WAY TO SPEAK TO YOUR CLIENTS AND PEOPLE THAT WORK FOR YOU COWARD

Teilen

Refined Marques I will leave this comment up here and if anyone would like to know the truth behind it feel free to ask... Vercetti worked as a rep for us in the U.S.A this was a text sent after weeks of frustration..
    19. Februar um 02:04

L.c. Exotics you cant hide the truth i never treated anyone with disrespect i have never seen a businessman speak the way he does or called clients of mine on the phone and cussed them out cause you all think they dont have money. money or not be respectful I have many more messages i can send them all to you and so can rafel on how bad your guys are. He was goind to pay 34mill for the GTO you need to wash your mouths cause you all have no business ethics what so ever
    19. Februar um 02:27

Refined Marques Ok this is something i didnt want to do because its only going to make you look inexperienced and well stupid.
    19. Februar um 02:32

L.c. Exotics say whatever you want your a young kid that thinks they know everything cause you work for someone with cars good luck and you cant do anything
    19. Februar um 02:38

Refined Marques you were a rep for us you worked like any of our other reps... requested document upon document for car after car for your "clients" you have worked for us for around 6-8 months id say, in this time you must have had every single car document you could have... The conditions were placed upon yourself agreed by myself and my partner Ahmed al Bakry that for every car you spoke of we would require proof of funds before even taking any interest.
    you had a "client" who wanted the 250gto i heard of this from you around 2months ago originally as his son was interested to the CLS Brabus, I believe this was a "client" you picked up at an ordinary car show, From that day you mentioned the 250 we have had you saying every week from then Im waiting on proof of funds, and guess what to everyone reading? No proof of funds, no nothing, Nothing at all ever came for every single document we sent we had the same promise, and nothing ever came, Now you have your most recent client that wanted the 250 gto apparently you say his grandfather is now the richest man in the world, To me why should i or anyone else believe this? and even if he was we placed the condition of proof of funds and it was never met.. Then as Ahmed speaks with you and the client and is at the end of his temper with all the messing around suddenly the "client" was ready to send the wire transfer. You really need to grow up the requests we have had have been unbelievable. Anyone who tells you anything you believe, Every week a new bizarre request... Im not going to make this a constant battle Vercetti, Take this as a learning curve and move on- The message you have copied and that you claim are going to copy all over and send to ferrari and lamborghini etc? where do you think that will get you, who do you actually know out of america? you think anyone is going to listen to a person like yourself who cant tell their arse from their elbow when it comes to cars.. the message shows that no matter who you are or how much money you have, we will not take your claim serious unless sufficient evidence is shown which in your case never was, Everyone is a billionaire if they say they are vercetti, Everyone can be who they want over facebook, And anyone with a fake Rolex can make their self look like they have money,,, But in reality if any of your clients had the money for the cars or were serious buyers they would be straight over to cannes to meet and see the cars and talk face to face... Now that is the last i want to hear of it, go do your own thing and try and damage our reputation as much as you can, But choose your moves carefully as we are a business and you are an individual that has to earn his living in the industry that we are very well positioned in... Its been emotional LOL
    19. Februar um 02:50

4. Ventador

Ventador Rookie

Feb 23, 2012
    Ahmed el bakry is a robber **last post by (kousha) **(6 posts)****
    topic created by (kousha)

guys, a guy on facebook called ahmed el bakry ( www.refined-marques.com )who is an egyptian living in France robbed me and stole 9000 euros from me. I transferred the money to him 6 months ago and i was promised a scarabeo scooter and he sent nothing.. I called him over 100 times with no response.. Avoid this guy totally

5. Ventador

Ventador Rookie

Feb 23, 2012
    Why You Shouldn't Trust The Internet's Most Exotic Car Dealer
    August 15th, 2013 | Author: admin
    The 750-horsepower, $3.9 million Lamborghini Veneno is one of the most outrageous cars of all time. The only real problem with it is that there is only four of them, making ownership a pipe dream — unless you get with Refined Marques, who say they can hook you up with one. Here’s why you shouldn’t trust that claim.

Last week, Refined Marques, who purport to be a car dealer in Cannes, France, created quite a stir with a Facebook post where they said they have a Veneno for sale. They gave no word on how much their Veneno will cost, or where they got it from.

S

Refined Marques did not answer an email from Jalopnik inquiring about where the Veneno came from or what its price tag will be.

Refined Marques’ website says they are a company that “that takes great pride in providing the highest levels of personal and professional service in sourcing, supplying and purchasing the World’s most exotic, luxury cars available today.” It is apparently run by Dr. Ahmed Hegab and Ahmed Al Bakry, who their site says is “the son of the late Mohamed Al Bakry, a highly successful business entrepreneur and avid collector of luxury and vintage cars, who has inherited his Father’s life-long passion for best-in-class precision motor engineering.”

But their claims are extremely dubious, and they have drawn the ire of enthusiasts and at least one car forum over the years. That they have a Veneno for sale is just their latest and possibly most outrageous statement to date.

We know that of the four Venenos set to be made, one will go to the Lamborghini Museum in Sant’Agata and three will go to private buyers, at least two of whom were American businessmen from Florida and Long Island whom we wrote about in March. The fourth car reportedly will go to an anonymous buyer in Dubai (shocker, I know).

Notice that I used the future tense when talking about these cars. That’s because according to Lamborghini America COO Michael Lock, the three customer cars have not been built yet, but will be in the fourth quarter of this year. Here’s what he told Jalopnik in an email:

I can confirm that 3 Veneno(s) will be made and that all 3 were sold in advance. They will be produced and delivered during Q4 this year and 2 of the three are going to customers in the USA.

So how exactly does Refined Marques plan to sell a car that doesn’t exist?

A quick Google Image Search of the Veneno pictured on their Facebook page reveals that the same photo can be found on a variety of other websites. The silver Veneno in the photos is the car that debuted at the Geneva Motor Show and is headed to the museum; these particular photos come from when it was showcased at the Blancpain Super Trofeo European series opener at Monza. The other Facebook photos of the Veneno can similarly be found elsewhere on the web.

So Refined Marques’ claim that they have a Veneno for sale is now an extremely suspect one. The only way this is true is if they have arranged for one of the three buyers to sell them the car, which Lock told us is highly unlikely.

To my knowledge both USA customers and the third non-USA customer have no intentions of selling their cars and would be very unlikely to do so in the public domain, even if they did.

This kind of thing is par for the course for Refined Marques. Their website offers a litany of cars purportedly for sale, including Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Audis, BMWs and McLarens, just to name a few. But while they say they offer some standard fare exotics like the 458 Italia, Maserati GranTurismo, the Mercedes SLS AMG and so on, some of their other “for sale” offerings are a lot harder to swallow.

S

They claim to sell a Lamborghini Sesto Elemento, of which only 20 were ever made; a Porsche 911 GT1; a McLaren F1; a McLaren P1, which isn’t out yet; a Porsche 918 Spyder, which also isn’t out yet, and the world record edition Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. All are “available for immediate worldwide delivery” and have, in many cases, warranties.

Refined Marques’ website would lead you to believe that they are just about the most prolific luxury and exotic car dealer on the planet. However, since nearly every car photo on their website can also be found elsewhere on the web through a Google Image search, it is very hard to believe that they stock all the cars they claim to, if any.

In fact, it feels a bit like they’re taking a page out of the Super Replicas playbook and passing off other people’s cars as their own. So is Refined Marques some kind of scam? That’s hard to say, but on some corners of the web, they’re notorious for purporting to sell rare or one-off cars that they most likely don’t actually have.

S

Refined Marques was briefly a sponsor over at the Ferrari Chat forums until it was called out for making apparently fraudulent claims, including this thread from 2011 in which a member questioned whether Al Bakry (an image from what appears to be his Twitter account above) really had a 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO for sale. That car is still listed on their website, but without pictures.

Members quickly pointed out that Refined Marques was posting photos of cars that belonged to other people and were not for sale. One chimed in to say he contacted Al Bakry after finding that Refined Marques’ site used unauthorized images of his Ferrari, only to have him ignore his emails and delete his Facebook comments and then issue threats over the phone.

But Ferrari Chat administrator Rob Lay says Al Bakry comes back from time to time to hawk his wares, although when he does he is quickly called out by the forum’s users. Last year he came on to apparently sell 458 Italias in Kuwait and the rest of the Middle East, linking to a now-subscription only article from the UK’s The Sun about a child who can only fall asleep in a Ferrari supposedly bought from Refined Marques. Al Bakry wrote that the story was “the best answer Refined-Marques can give to those out there that doubt or having (sic) the wrong idea.”

When other members asked Al Bakry why he wouldn’t answer their questions about why he posts photos of cars that are not his, he became extremely defensive and even a little insulting.

the best answer is when you read the articles and try to understand, i dont need to give any answers, clients know who we are and what we have and thats enough. i dont need to answer you, because any answer you try to go around it by bringing something different up. so enjoy it on your own

Al Bakry says he doesn’t have to answer Ferrari Chat users’ questions because he has his own clients who often inspect the cars in person before buying them. So why post on Ferrari Chat in the first place?

As some Ferrari Chat members pointed out, it is possible that Refined Marques is more of a broker of cars, one who can hunt down high-end exotics requested by their customers and act as a kind of middleman. It’s possible they have some lower-end exotics like a lot of dealers do, and can help people find the rarer cars.

But that’s not how they advertise themselves. On the web they portray themselves as full-fledged dealers who have these cars in stock, although upon close examination it seems highly unlikely that they do.

When another user pointed out that the address listed on Refined Marques’ website is a residential one in Cannes — unusual for a car dealership — Al Bakry said it is merely because they have VIP and celebrity customers who need security and privacy, and that their cars are parked underground.

Lay, the Ferrari Chat administrator, remains highly doubtful. “This guy just smells like another opportunistic hustler working out of his apartment, doing anything to make a buck,” he said.

Perhaps Refined Marques does, in fact, have a Lamborghini Veneno they’d love to sell you. There’s just no real reason to believe they do.

Top graphic credit Jason Torchinsky

Related
    Why The Lamborghini Veneno Is The Next Poster Your Child Will Put On His Wall

McLaren: “The P1 is the result of decades of aerodynamic research.” Lamborghini: “We hired a seven year old that likes cars to design… Read…

6. Ventador

Ventador Rookie

Feb 23, 2012
    Also promised the quick delivery from the first LaFerrari, hahaha.

7. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    humm... someone should contact the FISC in France on this guy. If you think the IRs is tough, you have seen nothing until you face the fisc.
    If you can prove you were defrauded , the guy must have mnadde fraudulent income not declared in taxes. The "Service des Impots" will love to hear about this and they sure will put him out of business, at least in France..

8. fpcars

fpcars Karting

May 18, 2008
    Ukraine
    Full Name:
    Peter
    stolen pics of my client's Reventon coupe and many others...

9. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    I wonder...and it seems a little bit strange..but why after all these facts and fraudulent acts of him...his website is still online?