[FCA South Central] Third Annual Extravaganza - Rendezvous Houston! Apr. 1-3, 2005... | FerrariChat

[FCA South Central] Third Annual Extravaganza - Rendezvous Houston! Apr. 1-3, 2005...

Discussion in 'Texas' started by rob lay, Jan 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I know dozens of users have attended the first two years. It really is a good time. Jennie and I are going back again and I know Jim has already reserved his room.

With holiday parties behind us and winter weather and diets the order of the day, I wanted to get you an email to put you back in the party mood by giving you a heads-up about this year’s South Central Region Annual Meet. In 2003 An Italian Renaissance, the region’s first annual meet was a smashing success. It was followed last year by an even bigger and better event, Fiesta Ferrari - San Antonio. This year we will continue the tradition when the regional meet moves to Houston. Mark the date on your calendar, fill out the attached entry form and join us for Rendezvous Houston (April 1, 2, and 3). Start off your weekend at the Friday evening reception/dinner party. Enjoy cocktails and a stand-up dinner while meeting old friends and making new ones. Don’t forget to bid on some of the great items available at the charity silent auction. On Saturday have breakfast and depart on the Tour de Houston rally. We will have lunch during the rally. Finish up back at the Marriott in plenty of time to relax before the Saturday evening cocktail party and riverboat tour on the newly developed Woodlands Waterway. Then step off the riverboat and into Fleming’s Steak House for the Saturday evening banquet. Sunday morning have a quick breakfast while getting your Ferrari ready for the Concorso d’Eleganza. Relax and finish your weekend at the Sunday awards brunch.

This year’s event will be held at The Marriott Woodlands Waterway located in The Woodlands just a few miles north of downtown Houston. The brand new Marriott is The Woodlands flagship hotel located on the newly developed Woodlands Waterway. The first class hotel provides all amenities, including a health club. Guarded parking is provided throughout the event.

This year we are again having a silent auction during the Friday evening cocktail reception to benefit our event charity the “Make-A-Wish Foundation”. Make sure you take time to look at the wonderful selection of items available at the auction. Go ahead and bid on your favorites, take home a great reminder of the event and know that you have helped someone make their wish come true. Additionally, if you would like to make a fully deductible contribution to our charity you may do so directly on your registration form.

A few important details and words of note:

· Properly sizing event facilities results in attendance being limited. The event is open to first 100 paid attendees - please be sure to sign up early!! Both for the event and for your hotel!!!

· To permit proper planning for the event, the cut-off for event registration is March 15; applications postmarked after that date may have to be returned to the sender

· A discount exists for early sign-up, but only if postmarked by February 15

· We have secured a special rate ($139 double occupancy), but: 1) space is limited and will get more limited as time goes on, and 2) the hotel will only guarantee the special rate until March 8 – after that time rooms may not be available. SO – please reserve early!!!!

· Please see the other email attachment for the registration form and more details ( the registration is also listed below if you have trouble opening the attachement)

Please come and join us for all the fun!

Ciao, Al

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Schedule of events...

Schedule of Events

(Note: all times are approximate and subject to modification)

Friday – April 1
    2:00pm Check-in at the Woodlands Waterway Marriott

7:00pm Registration and Reception Party at the Woodlands Waterway Marriott

Saturday – April 2
    7:30 Continental breakfast

8:30am Tour de Houston Rally begins,

rally includes lunch along the route

7:00pm Cocktails and boat ride on the Woodlands Waterway

8:00pm Banquet Dinner at Fleming’s Steak House

Sunday – April 3
    7:30 Concorso car placement

9:00am Concorso judging begins

12:00noon Awards Brunch

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Accommodations Information

This year’s event will be held at The Marriott Woodlands Waterway located in The Woodlands just a few miles north of downtown Houston. The brand new Marriott is The Woodlands flagship hotel located on the newly developed Woodlands Waterway. The first class hotel provides all amenities, including a health club. Guarded parking is provided throughout the event.

The Marriott Woodlands Waterway is holding a block of deluxe rooms at a special Ferrari Club South Central Region rate (until March 8th). Please sign up early to assure yourself a room at this special rate. A limited number of executive and hospitality suites are available, at extra cost, on request.

The Marriott Woodlands Waterway (800) 228-9290 or

(281) 367-9797 and remember to ask for the Ferrari Club rate

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Kinda by accident I found out that the normal rate is only $109. Looks like they gave the typical “Ferrari” inflation price. Don’t ask for the Ferrari Club rate and you save $30 a night!

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  6. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!

Pssst, Senior. I can get you a cheep rate that the La Roacha Inn...

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Call the 800 number, that is where you get the $109 a night. Also make sure it is the Marriott Waterway, as there are other Marriott's in The Woodlands. Those calling the local number are getting quotes of $179 regular rate and $139 with the club discount.

8. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Is there a separate registration fee for the event? I've got friends that live in that area, and I'd probably just hang out with them Saturday, and check out the concorso on Sunday.

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Yes, it is something like $400 for the weekend, which includes all the food and event entries. Aren't you on my DFW email list? I sent all of that out earlier this week.

10. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Apparently not. Remember, I just joined FCA last week, and I still haven't recieved any confirmation from them. I'll send you a PM w my email addy for inclusion on the list.

11. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    It sounds like Rob has the plan. I called the 800 number to get the reservation, and they asked me imediately if I had an 'event' rate. I told them yes and they quoted me the $139. I think I'm going to call back and tell them NO and see what they say. That's SUCH a rip off. I don't know for sure if I'm going, but last year I only managed to get a room because Brian gave me his after his plans fell through. If I don't go, I'll just cancel the room.

12. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The Woodlands has become such a vast place, since they've dug the Waterway!!!!! LOL!

Well, heck! Ya'll are coming to MY TOWN! (well a bedroom community of my town, anyway)......

We'll announce the 'unofficial gathering' around the fire barrel by the tracks soon........

I have some room also, as I'm never at the apartment anyway....come on down!

Can I get a new FCA nametag???????

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Do you have a new FCA membership? :) National would give you one. I don't even know where mine is.

14. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Looks like I might have to re-up!!!!!!

I have these two ANSAs on the way....as soon as my left hip pocket recovers, we'll get that Prancing Horse coming again...

15. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Mine's either under the passenger seat of Tspringer's Daytona, or crushed into the gravel parking lot of the No Problems Raceway.........

16. Speed Racerette

Speed Racerette Formula 3

May 24, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    She wants Revenge
    That's o.k. Rob. We'll slap a wig on you and you can borrow mine. :)

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I would love to have your tone of skin though. I'm either two colors... burnt red or two days later back to casper white.

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    #18 rob lay, Feb 15, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Reminder!!!

Today is the last chance to get your entry in at the reduced rate.

I know Jennie/I and Jano/Gina are going for sure. Jim and family got a hotel and were considering. Usually Paul and Luis attend the event too. Who else is going from Dallas? I know overall in Texas there will be upwards of 40 Ferraris and 80+ people.

Entry and info attached...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I'm not sure if I'm going to do this or not, Las Vegas looks good too. I can only do 1.

20. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

I still don't know if I can make it this year. There is a good chance I will be racing that weekend at Fontana...

21. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    Can those of us who live here just show up for the Rally on Saturday morning and pay for our lunch at the Restaurant?. I don't really have time to do all the other stuff except maybe bring the boys up to the concours to look at stuff?

Thanks

22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Get in touch with the contacts on the entry.

23. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas

John and I definitely have made reservations and got our info faxed to Grady a few weeks ago. Found the lower rate a while back at the Marriott and secured it - less than Ferrari rate.

Carol & John

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Yes, Jano/Gina got the lower rate too. The reservationists asked them "are you sure you aren't in any groups?". Jano insisted he wasn't and got $114 a night I think. It would have been $109 if staying 3 nights. I told Al and the other Chapter presidents about it, but they could never reproduce the discrepancy. Say no to Ferrari pricing! :D

Looking like a great time and a good turnout from the Dallas chapter.

25. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

The hell with racing. Lets talk politics.