Studs for the cabriolet roof | FerrariChat

Studs for the cabriolet roof

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Nathan76, Aug 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nathan76

Nathan76 Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2013
    Leicestershire, UK
    Hi all
    Does anyone know where to source the press studs on the cabriolet roof cover? Preferably in the UK.

2. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hi Nathan,

I'm guessing you're referring to the Tenax studs. Google (or whatever) Tenax. The complete snap is comprised of three pieces - the stud (post), the "bottom" and the "top" of the snap itself. I believe you need the German version - and you should be able to get just the stud ......... but I would advise getting the whole 3 piece "kit". This, because often, one of the three fingers in the top piece will break off. A spare top is a good thing to have. :):)

If you run into difficulties, let me know and I'll try to help from over here, stateside.

Cheers, Hank

3. Mondi88

Mondi88 Karting

Aug 4, 2014
    South West, UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #3 Mondi88, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    I spent some considerable time looking into these after losing one (be sure to tighten them up from time to time, they screw/clamp either side of the boot cover material and come loose).

I have two different types (i) Tenax with the black cap with Ferrari logo (ii) chrome Tenax. The Tenax that have the cap on have a slightly different shape button to the ones that don't (...so that the cap can fit on).

Eurospares didn’t have the black cap version in stock:
    http://www.eurospares.co.uk/searchResult.asp?find=+&S=60727200
    I couldn’t find them anywhere else in the UK so I eventually bought them from "ItalianCarParts” in the US (although they don’t seem to list them now, maybe I took the last ones).

I bought the chrome ones from here (couldn’t find chrome anywhere in the UK either): Tenax Large Head Kit Chrome

Frustratingly, after I’d ordered from the US, I subsequently found the black cap ones at Maranello Parts (Ferrari UK)!:
    https://www.ferrariparts.co.uk/60727200-Black_Retaining_Button_seo.aspx

Amazon also do the Tenax clip that the black plastic Ferrari knob goes on (although shipped from Germany): Prym Tenax-Safety Fasteners brass silver col 20 mm: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

Finally, and cheapest of the lot:
    Fixings for vintage & classic cars. However, not sure if they are the German spec/size and they appeared to be more brass coloured than chrome.

I have two other press studs on each side of the boot cover. I've discovered the official name for these are "Durable Dots".

Hope all this helps

4. Nathan76

Nathan76 Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2013
    Leicestershire, UK
    Thanks chaps very helpful!

5. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    I am in the us but have a couple snaps with the horse I may consider selling.send me a pm if you have an interest.thanks

6. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    Pm sent

7. bsaboy

bsaboy Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    SHEFFIELD U.K.
    Full Name:
    RICHARD SHAW
    I got replacements from 'soft parts for sevens' in U.K. both tenax and lift the dot in chrome .Cant find invoice now but I think Google will fing them