Ferrarichat European Rally III - Scotland 2005 - your invitation | FerrariChat

Ferrarichat European Rally III - Scotland 2005 - your invitation

Discussion in 'Europe' started by hedge, Jan 22, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    #1 hedge, Jan 22, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    F-chatters, please find your invitation to this years rallye attached to this post, and the details posted below.

Wolfie - please sticky this thread.

F-chatters, the purpose of this thread is not just to gage an interest but to confirm the final participants list. Please see below for the details you have been waiting for - I hope it does not disappoint.

All the best,

Marc.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    #2 hedge, Jan 22, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    This is your invitation to participate in the
    third Ferrarichat European Rallye
    taking place from 3rd – 7th August 2005
    throughout the highlands and lowlands of Scotland

Please note this is not a profit making event.

Join F-chatters from all over Europe who on 2/3rd August 2005 will be coming together to drive the very best roads that Scotland has to offer, take in the lochs, the castles, the spectacular scenery, the people, the famous Scottish hospitality, the golf, the whiskey, the mountains, the haggis.

To have an unforgettable trip with great people who share a great passion.

The routes we will take/places we will visit have been planned and checked over by the Scottish tourist board as well as certain Scottish based f-chatters (thanks to Dave (Matkat) in particular), to ensure the very best use of your time here. It will be busy, but lots of fun.

Please note that, while preferable, if you cannot make the whole event, it is fine to attend for part of it. The costs will vary accordingly.
    The European contingent will be arriving in Scotland on the morning of the 3rd August, and a full days activities and driving is planned for that day, so UK f-chatters not wanting to miss that should aim to arrive on the evening of the 2nd. We will be based South (around Edinburgh) for the nights of the 2nd and 3rd, before heading up to the Highlands.

You can join the rallye at any stage, I just need to know in advance. I am aiming to confirm initial numbers to the hotels by the end of February, so please check your dates and confirm your attendance ASAP – within the next 2 weeks if possible. If you cannot confirm 100% yet then please post the likelihood of your attendance on the thread.

There are two simple stages to register your place:

1. In the thread this is linked to, please post who you are (user ID and real names please), the car you drive, how many in your party, and the dates you are planning to join the rallye on.

So for example: ‘Hedge - Marc & John - 328 GTS – 2 – Whole thing (2nd-7th)’

2. IMPORTANT: Then PM me your full name and the full names of your guest, and your cell/mobile contact telephone number. I will PM back my bank details/address for the deposit.

See next page for costings and further information…….

The deposit will be £150 sterling per participant which I require to confirm your place as I need to prepay certain costs/deposits, and having the cash in advance for certain group payments will ensure a smoother ride on the rallye. Where there is a float in advance of the event, interest will be added – this is not about making a profit. I can issue receipts and provide proof of address, etc if required. Please please please don’t make collecting this a nightmare, thanks.

It is difficult to fully assess the costs of the trip until we have confirmed numbers as some of the costs are fixed, however I can estimate that for the full trip (3rd – 7th August) the cost will be around £350 per participant max. This is a guide only as the cost will depend entirely on numbers and if my estimate is wildly out, group rates may not apply.

Additional 1 night’s accommodation/food cost will apply if you are UK based and plan on staying there on the 2nd, to meet the Euro guys off the ferry in the morning of the 3rd and take part in the first days activities (the provisional plans include golf near St Andrews, a boat ride round the East Neuk Fife coastline, several fabulous roads, a drive through Edinburgh, and the best Fish and Chips in the country (apparently!))

These costs are based on 2 people sharing – single supplements may apply but should not be significant.

This cost includes the deposit you are being asked for (so the TOTAL cost is expected to be £350 per head - £150 payable in advance, £200 during the trip). Again, this may change depending on numbers and if we are asked to pay upfront for anything else. The deposit is not in addition to this cost. You will note this is very significantly cheaper than the previously talked about Culloden style venue which would have cost upwards of double this, following the ‘cost vs quality’ thread - well documented.

What do you get for £350 (estimated)? Quite a lot I hope. Included will be:

o Accomodation in nice hotels (*4 nights). The first accommodation has not been confirmed yet but the Highlands based accommodation is highly recommended (by an f-chatter) and boasts great facilities including full leisure club and swimming pool.
    o Dinner and traditional Scottish breakfast every day of your trip (*4).
    o Green fees for two 9 hole courses planned as group activities for the trip (no handicap necessary, both recommended and impressive courses – one is set on the bottom of Loch Ness with sheep on the course!)
    o Tickets for whiskey distillery visit & tasting.
    o Tickets for funicular railway up to the top of the Cairngorm mountain range.
    o Tickets for the cable car up the Nevis mountain range.
    o Overnight security presence for cars (*4).

What it does not include: the obvious stuff - booze, fuel, transport to and from Edinburgh, food during the daytime, single supplements (minimal hopefully..working on it), first night accommodation for UK guys (2nd August).

Any money collected in advance not used will go in to a kitty and be drunk I am sure! Likewise any shortfall will need to be shared out.

That’s the lot – any questions please PM me (Hedge). Hopefully see you there!!!

Marc
    PS See next page for some images of things you can expect to see on the trip!

4. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    2 lonely participants in one Ferrari from 1 country:

Hedge - Marc & John - 328 GTS – 2 – Whole thing (2nd-7th)

5. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    These are the people who registered an interest on the old thread. Apologies to those who subsequently stated an interest in later threads (Kevan I think is one).

Belgium - Ton - F 550 - 1 Person
    Belgium - Bart - F 430 - 2 persons
    Germany - Wolfgang - Testarossa - 1 or 2 Persons
    Germany - Uli - Mondial/Diablo - 1 or 2 persons
    Germany - Thorsten - Mondial T - 1 or 2 persons
    Germany - Uwe - 328 GTS - 1 or 2 persons
    Germany - Patrick - 355 GTS - 1 person
    Germany - Matthias - 360 Modena - 1 or 2 persons
    Italy - Eugenio & Maura - F 328 GTS - 2 Persons
    Switzerland - Trevi - Mondial - 2 persons
    Switzerland - Simon - 328 GTB - 2 persons
    Switzerland - Andrea - 355 GTB - 2 persons
    Switzerland - Andy- 360CS- 2 persons
    Switzerland - Christophe - 355 GTB - 1 0r 2 persons
    Isle of Man - David - 308 GTS - 1 or 2 persons
    UK - Steve - 512M - 1 or 2 persons
    UK - Rod - 328/348 or 355 - 1 or 2 persons
    UK - Stevep - 360 Mod - 1 or 2 persons
    UK - Lee - 328 GTS - 2 persons
    UK - Marc - 328 GTS - 2 persons
    UK - Mark C - F550 - 1 or 2 persons
    UK - Mark G - 328 GTS - 2 persons
    UK - Geoff - 328GTS - 1 or 2 persons
    UK - Adnaan - Mondial T - 1 or 2 persons

Hope to see you all there. Hope Adnaan gets a new beast in time. Mondial RIP poor thing.

6. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
  7. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
  8. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    www.stevecarter.com/western/western.htm

Scroll down for some great photos of the Western Highlands where we will be based. Can't promise to see all the animals but we will have our own beasts! Steve hopefully will be joining us at some point during the trip.

9. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    http://www.cairngormmountain.com/

Information about the Cairngorm mountain range which boasts the UK's only fenicular railway to the top, which we will be riding (after a fun (and pretty steep!) ride up to the car par.

10. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
  11. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Good night!

12. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Trevi,

I have ordered in the mushy peas for you!!!

Marc.

13. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    thanks alot for all this work, hedgehog! i can't wait for it.
    concerning mushy peas....hmmm...don't know, i think i'll bring enough bündnerfleisch and swiss chocolate with me in order to survive :D

14. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    hegiiiiiMarc,
    wonderful, fantastic and well done!
    Thank you so much for all the infos - realy prof. done.

15. Bernd

Bernd Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2005
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    BZ
    ...arrghh!! :(

I´ve booked already a Porsche driver-training at 3.-5. Aug. at SPA Francorchamps. Otherwise I would love to come with you to Scotland! Looks very great! :) Hope, there will be a further tour in 2006... :)

16. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Bring spare for me!

17. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    A reminder of what to do in case it got lost in all the detail.

There are two simple stages to register your place:

1. In this thread, please post who you are (user ID and real names please), the car you drive, how many in your party, and the dates you are planning to join the rallye on.

So for example: ‘Hedge - Marc & John - 328 GTS – 2 – Whole thing (2nd-7th)’

2. IMPORTANT: Then PM me your full name and the full names of your guest, and your cell/mobile contact telephone number. I will PM back my bank details/address for the deposit.

That's it!

18. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    F308 MAN .... david and tom .... 308 GTS ... 2 ...whole thing (2nd - 7th)

19. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    trevi.....manuella&trevi.....green monster.....2.....whole continental thing (3rd-7th)

20. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Excellent - we are off and running. So far:

9 or 10 participants from 2 countries in 5 Ferrari's.

UK
    F308 MAN - David and Tom - 308 GTS - 2 - Whole thing (2nd - 7th)
    Geoff - details to follow
    Dave M - details to follow

Switzerland
    Trevi - Manuella & Trevi - Green monster - 2 - Whole thing (3rd-7th)

Nessie here we come!

21. Dino 208gt4

Dino 208gt4 F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    Reading this tread is making me very sad!! :(
    I can't take part of this trip, we allready have booked our holiday to Slovenia and Italy in that period. But I am sure you all will have fun and show us a "Scotland Fchat Rally 2005" tread with 100's of unsensored pictures!!!!

22. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc

You can bank on it!!! Sorry you are unable to join us - maybe next year! Have a wonderful holiday.

23. geofflowe

geofflowe Formula Junior

Sep 16, 2004
    Souffampton
    Full Name:
    Geoff Lowe
    Geoff Lowe
    328 GTS
    2nd till the 6th, possibly 7th
    Just me at the moment but possibly a spare!

24. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    9 or 10 participants from 2 countries in 5 Ferrari's.

UK
    F308 MAN - David and Tom - 308 GTS - 2 - Whole thing (2nd - 7th)
    geofflowe - Geoff - 328 GTS - 1/2 - Whole thing (2nd - 6/7th)
    Dave M - details to follow - 355 GTS

Switzerland
    Trevi - Manuella & Trevi - Green monster - 2 - Whole thing (3rd-7th)