Sunday morning, anybody want to go for a drive? | FerrariChat

Sunday morning, anybody want to go for a drive?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by kvisser, Mar 6, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    #1 kvisser, Mar 6, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    Well, there were about 20 cars out today, a beautiful 69 black R/T Charger, some 'vettes, mustangs, hot rods and a green 308GTS. We need more sports cars! Its a nice casual spot to drive to on Sunday mornings. Easy to get to -off 95 between Baltimore and DC (it's the second to last exit before 495/exit 35 to 198 West then 6 miles to where 198 hit 29.) It will start getting busier as the weather warms up.

Hope to see some of you out there. Please email me [email protected] or call 240-372-5007 if you have any questions.

Have a great week!

Ken Visser

3. bimmer32five

bimmer32five Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MD
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I would've gone...but I slept alllll day :(

4. Green308GTS

Green308GTS Rookie

Mar 10, 2005
    Laurel, MD
    Full Name:
    Robert Schneider
    #4 Green308GTS, Mar 10, 2005
    Ken:

Thanks for pointing out this chat room to me. I registered today (March 10), and I hope to network with some interesting car (esp. Ferrari) people. I will be up to the Dunkin' Donuts in Burtonsville on the next nice Sunday morning--probably not this week from the looks of the weather forecast.

If you know of any other upcoming worthwhile events, please let me know. My personal e-mail address is [email protected].

Thanks,

--Bob
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

Beautiful car Bob! Welcome to the board. You should drive out to Lashdeeps event this sat. in Sterling. Look at the thread about the Karting Event.

6. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    hey Bob,

Glad you found us. I think you'll find this a great place to hang your hat. There are some fantastic sources of knowledge that you can tap and then there are a whole bunch of fellows like me (not fantastic sources of knowledge but we make up for it with enthusiasm).

I have never participated on any chat type site but for some reason I am drawn into this group with the wide range of topics and rants.

To me it was definitely worth the $15 to join.

7. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    Hey Bob, we've seen you before out in Laurel...can't miss a green 308 with Gottis.

There will be plenty to do as soon as we get a good rain to wash the salt away and the thermometer gets above 46 degrees.

LS

8. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    Okay, I just looked at your car again...your wheels could be Etoiles also.

SORRY!

LS

PS-If they aren't either, I'm going to subscribe to VTECsRule.com.

9. Green308GTS

Green308GTS Rookie

Mar 10, 2005
    Laurel, MD
    Full Name:
    Robert Schneider
    Hi, LS:

Your first assesment was correct. They are Gotti wheels. They were on the car when I bought it from the previous owner in 2003. I don't have the original wheels, but I don't really care. I prefer the Gotti wheels.

--Bob

10. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    sunday looks chilly but clear. since it rained last week, no salt-that everyone is worried about. anyone going to be out and about ? im dying to drive my car!

11. Green308GTSi

Green308GTSi Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Barry Cross
    #11 Green308GTSi, Mar 12, 2005
    Hello Bob:

It looks like our cars are related, are screen names are close too! I can't drive down this weekend, but lets get the cars together soon.

Barry
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    sure . one of these days soon it should be good for all to meet in a central MD location!

13. gonnagetone

gonnagetone Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    dc metro area.
    Full Name:
    venky
    is tomorows meet happeneing if so what time?

14. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    Its Sunday morning, I assume the clocks have all been set back. Anyone coming out to Burtonsville? I have a photo shoot with a Sunbeam Tiger. Anyone else interested?

Hopefully, we'll see Bob with his 308 and some others.

Happy Trails

Ken

15. Green308GTS

Green308GTS Rookie

Mar 10, 2005
    Laurel, MD
    Full Name:
    Robert Schneider
    Ken:

I decided not to come out last Sunday. It was a little too cold for my liking, and I was afraid that it was going to rain. I won't be out this Sunday either. My car is experiencing some starter/ignition problem, and it won't start--as of Wednesday. The boys at Grand Touring are supposed to come by next Tuesday and pick her up. Hopefully, I'll have her back by Friday the 15th, and I'll see y'all on Sunday the 17th.

--Bob

16. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    Ken, I plan on being there this Sunday morning. What do I bring? Muscle Car, Italian car or motorcycle?

Thanks,
    LS

17. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    of course you pick the one weekend I'm traveling up to New York, nuts!

Bring muscle first so I can be there when you bring Italian. I bet this Sunday will bring out quite a number of people. The weather has been keeping people inside.

Hope you have fun and I look forward to seeing you there in the upcoming weeks.

Ken Visser

18. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    Hey LS,

You should contact Bob aka "green308gts" and see if he is going to roll out on Sunday. He comes quite often and very well may be there this Sunday. Hope the weather holds out.

Happy Motoring

kcv