Got a phone call from Ferrari today ! | FerrariChat

Got a phone call from Ferrari today !

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by reggie, Mar 15, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. reggie

reggie Guest

Phone went while in a meeting from an Italian number, thought it was someone esle im doing some work with so answered it. It was a guy from Ferrari HQ, thanking me for my purchase of a 360 Spider and was i enjoying it, anything i didnt like etc.

He then asked me about the dealer who sold it to me, asking me all sorts of questions about their service, which parts were good, which parts weren't so good. Bought the car from Graypaul, and i told them the service i recieved was great.

He then wanted to know all cars i currently owned and sports cars i had owned in the past. I told him all the cars i have had and that i have bought 5 Ferrari's in my time. He was very interested why i have only bought one Ferrari brand new. To which i replied availability and price. 'would i have bought all my cars brand new if i had been invited to buy and was guaranteed an early delivery at my specification' , 'yes' i said, 'probably'.

Anyone else had this phone call recently. Are Ferrari thinking of offering some sort of 'repeat customer privileges' , like they did with the Enzo. Repeat customers deal directly with the factory and get the first load of cars off the line ?? just my thoughts on the call, like to hear other peoples views on this !

2. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    Sounds plausible as it would help reduce the speculators and get genuine customers into the early cars.

3. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Yup, I got the same call after I bought the Stradale, only it was a woman. The dealers get the feedback, so I had Tim from H R Owen ring to talk about it too. If there is going to be some sort of privilege, I've not seen any sign of it yet. Personally I think this is Ferrari cottoning on to customer care practices of the volume manufacturers, though it's obviously in their interests for you to buy in the primary market, not the secondary. They've got enormous waiting lists already, so I wouldn't get too excited about it personally.

Kevin

4. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    got a call today to let me know that due to my posts on fchat they are making a limited no of rear engined 12 cylinder cars but only avaliable to previous 12 cylinder owners

5. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade Steve M8,

I haven't received a call yet. I shall telephone them this morning to ask why this is.

Any suggestions as to the possible reasons will be gratefully received.

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse

6. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Perhaps they took quality of posts into account.

7. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    yes thats why they rang me ken

8. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrades,

I have received a call from Ferrari today. They are sending round something called 'Cosa Nostra.' Does anyone have any knowledge of this model, please?

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse

9. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    In organising things on behalf of FOC I have had some correspondence with the factory. Always been helpful.

An example - I had to email the factory last year to ask about the location of a few items. I had a phonecall back a few hours later (8.30 pm Italian time!) from someone in the marketing department who had worked late to check with the couriers. He was able to tell me delivery of said items - prediction was correct to within a few hours.

Without going into names of dealers I think alot of the arrogance associated with Ferrari eminates from authorised showrroms in the UK and not the factory.