My '85 308 is on ebay - listing #4538227988 | FerrariChat

My '85 308 is on ebay - listing #4538227988

Discussion in '308/328' started by PatrickBowling, Mar 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PatrickBowling

Feb 18, 2005
    If you are looking for a really nice 308 (not concours, but a really nice car), check out my car on ebay - listing #4538227988.

2. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
  3. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    may be a nice car. seems like he could at least have a real profile and subscribe to our site. 2 post and no profile, unsubscribed and he comes here to sell? seems tacky to me.

4. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Michael,
    Understandable reaction. FYI, Patrick is a recent "convert" to FChat (I introduced him to the site) and a long time organizer of FCA events. The car is about as nice as they come.

Philip

5. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    The car looks great - Good luck to the seller & any potential buyers.

6. kimoSabe

kimoSabe Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    No CA
    Full Name:
    Ray C.
    Ot-Did any of the 308s come with the vents painted body color? The ones on the front hood and fenders? Super clean F-car though.

7. PatrickBowling

Feb 18, 2005
    I promise to subscribe well in advance of my 2,849th post. I just thought folks using the site might want a "heads up" about a nice car available. Sorry that someone thinks I am "tacky" for this.

8. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    Yes, mine does, an '85' Euro 308 GTS QV.

9. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i get it, i am sorry.... been so many trouble makers and trolls here. this place is like home :) sorry i was wrong, Michael :)

10. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    LOL..classy acknowledgement, michael (not too many people would do the same.... sadly)

patrick, very honest ad. it always gives me incentive to bid when i see genuine description like this. good luck 2 u.

11. ferraristyle

ferraristyle Karting

Jan 7, 2005
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I really like this car. Chat guys, please give a break to the guy wanting to buy his first F-car. It's between this and the 79 and personally I'd rather buy from the board. It's a QV which is the car I really want and from a border who can tell me all the good and the bads.

I say keep it in the family. If the price is right we're good to go!

12. PatrickBowling

Feb 18, 2005
    Thanks to all for the comments. Michael, apology accepted! Thanks for that. Although I am not a big user of online communities, I do understand that some stinkers can spoil the fun for everyone else.

We'll see what happens with my car. Hot on the trail of a 355 now, although it has that rippling problem with the A/C console, which my perfectionist side says I will be spending $1300 to replace...

Ferraristyle, if you have any questions about the car or want to chat on the phone, email me at [email protected]. Good luck!

13. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    Do you have a buy now price in mind?

14. PatrickBowling

Feb 18, 2005
    I didn't do the buy it now thing, but the car is advertised for $37K. Will be interesting to see what happens. Auction ends Saturday late afternoon.

15. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    To the best of my knowledge the only 308's that came from the factory with the black outflow vents where US spec 308 QV models. The vents on the front bonnet and fenders were black.

The Euro QV models were all body color.

I was told that pre-QV 308's with just the fender vents were all body color. No black fender vents ever.

16. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    You are correct, ALL pre QV 308's fender vents were body color from the factory. Any black ones out there were painted by the owners.

17. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    It's a pretty car. I bet it won't be hard to sell a red/tan 85 308. That's as good as it gets if your shopping for an injected car.

18. PatrickBowling

Feb 18, 2005
    Dr Tommy, Thanks for the comment. Care to guess where the car will sell? Not at reserve yet (very clos), but I know at least two people are holding back their bid until the last minute...

19. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    Looks like the auction ended at $33,600