another F430 for sale on Ebay | FerrariChat

another F430 for sale on Ebay

Discussion in '360/430' started by tfazio, Apr 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
  2. NeuroSpeed

NeuroSpeed Karting

Feb 27, 2005
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam Whitener
    Wow. $280 k and the Reserve isn't even met. Jesus.

Thats insane... a buy it now price for more than 100k over retail?

Ridiculous.

So ridiculous, in fact, that I'm inclined to say its not real... but then again there are a lot of people out there with a ridiculous amount of money...

3. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Yeah, I thought they should take the $280K and be happy with that. The one good thing about ebay is I get to see the F430 in different colors(specifically the interior) that I have never seen before.

4. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6212&item=4542634942&rd=1

This car is actually located in Montreal, Canada. Someone posted in the Canada section a video of the first customer F430 being revved up inside the Ferrari dealership in Montreal. By looking closely, you can see a blue F430 sitting right beside it so this car on Ebay has to be it. The F430 F1 will sell for CDN $269 000 in Canada so imagine how much money this guy is trying to make by putting it at a buy it now price of USD $320K

5. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    Your totally Correct. You can see more pictures of that Blue F430 in the F430 Thread. My friend saw it leaving and took pics.

6. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Reserve was met at $320K. I wonder if the winning bid is for real. Maybe some in Montreal can find out if this deal actually goes through.

7. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    #7 F1racer, Apr 14, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    For a car nearing $300K it should be in the Murcielago area in looks and performance.

9. MichaelSway

MichaelSway Rookie

Apr 12, 2005
    The deal never went through. FoQ made several attempts to regain ownership of the car by using the "buy it now" option on ebay, for they were upset that the car was being sold on ebay for a much higher price. FoQ even went to the extent to contact Murray (the owner) and claimed to be the "second highest bidder" and offered to buy it for $310,000 USD. Basically, FoQ does not want to car to be sold over the internet and is doing whatever they can to stop deals from occuring. Whether Stroll is behind this scam or not, we don't really know...

10. horsmanp

horsmanp Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Horsman
    If i want to get one of these in 2-3 years should i just get on the list, or is it already too long? I had read somewhere on here that it was already closed? Is that true?

11. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    there is not really any list, its not a restaurant reservatrion that they have a book with name and time. dealer can get you a car anytime they see fit, all at their will. u walk in and buy 2 late model ferrari's from them in a month, i am sure they will put u down for a spot thats delivered within 8-12 moths.

12. totally agree, the f430 is not worth 300k or anything over MSRP. I think this whole overpricing of F-cars is getting rediclious.

13. India Whiskey Charlie

India Whiskey Charlie Formula Junior

May 24, 2001
    Way Out West
    Yes, and you can only blame the buyers willing to throw their monies away.

14. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    How do you explain the phenomenon of the Barrett-Jackson auction. Hell people pay to get in just to watch others bid on cars whose original MSRP was $5000 and paying a 100 times that amount.

Limited quantities with an over abundance of buyers results in high prices. Too few being chased by too many. Simple economics. :)

15. k-auto

k-auto Rookie

May 5, 2005
    please contact me ...

16. Philip in AL

Philip in AL Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2004
    Birmingham, AL
    VikenB, that's not accurate. I don't know that you can say I've thrown my money away. I paid 50 over and have been offered 75 over already; that sounds like a 50% return to me! That being said, I have no intention of selling the car. I purchased the car at 50 over with the belief that "IF" I wanted to, I could probably drive the car for six months and my "at risk" money was probably twenty grand.

17. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    mattel item??????

18. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Oh yeah??? Well I have my own amusement park & you’re not invited.

19. G7RYE

G7RYE Karting

Apr 26, 2005
    Ackworth
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    whats the rush, the F430 is not a 'this season' fashion accessory. It's only a bloody car, if you already own a ferrari then you already belong to club exclusive.

20. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    this is a questionable point, but i do think the dealers let certain people jump ahead on the list based on their loyality to the dealership...our local dealership will black list anyone who buys a car from them and then flips it fro a profit with out selling it thru the dealership....