IN COLORADO- WHO WILLING... | FerrariChat

IN COLORADO- WHO WILLING...

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by clutchF50, Apr 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. clutchF50

clutchF50 Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    this may sounds really scary or weird, but i guess it sort of is. basically me, a teenage girl really wants to borrow a hot car for a night (just for prom sooo i dont want a stupid ****ing limo...) and just wondering if anyone would be interested in talking about it. and you'd probably not need to worry about your car, you'd be surprised to find im probably a better driver than you... i'll always take a challenge though. i'm desperate though, i really want a car.

2. clutchF50

clutchF50 Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    come on, we could make this beneficial for everyone.

3. 96cobrakid

96cobrakid Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Not to be rude, but someone you don't know most likely will not hand out a 50-300,000 car to someone they do not know. Your best bet would be to find a parent's friend, co-worker, neighbor ect that would trust you enough to handle their car. When I had my Prom, I took a 2000 Millenium Edition Porsche 911 which at the time was about 100,000. I knew the guy well and had been detailing his car for over 2 years. Best bet, find someone you already know

4. clutchF50

clutchF50 Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    duuuuuuude, i'll get to know anyone man, we can go fishing or whatever you want! i could hook you up with some sweet radar jammers, haha i dont know, if you have a damn ferrari you probably dont need my money but a couple thousand bucks could be arranged.

5. bottomline

bottomline Formula 3

Mar 10, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Bijan
  6. clutchF50

clutchF50 Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    easy for you to say! you have your ****ing ferrari!

7. Ski Guy 348

Ski Guy 348 Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Jay M.
    If you were in South Carolina I would let you borrow my Ferrari...Its only $30K an hour.....

8. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    To answer your basic question as to who will loan you their car.....NOBODY.

9. bottomline

bottomline Formula 3

Mar 10, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Bijan
    No, I don't have a ferrari. I just think it's a little over the line and extremely naive to ask something like that.

I'm convinced it's a joke. :eek:

10. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Chick is resourceful at least.

11. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    If it is a chick.

12. Wyo550

Wyo550 Karting
    BANNED

Feb 9, 2005
    Laramie
    Full Name:
    John
    This thread is a joke. I asked for a photo and haven't heard back.
    Get a life

13. clutchF50

clutchF50 Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    oh my goodness- it is not a joke- i am willing to pay/(be VERY resourceful ?), and plus i thought it was at least worth a try (but again I am sure if you own one of these cars you dont need my money....), and i am not a boy, why do people always assume if you are interested in cars you are a man?? young ladies can like (and know) just as much when it comes to cars. If you want to say no, then that is perfecly fine, if i had an especially awesome car, i probably wouldn't lend it out either, to my friends maybe, but anyways- you dont have to call me a man though... it is funny though. And yes, of course I am naive, i am seventeen!

14. Wyo550

Wyo550 Karting
    BANNED

Feb 9, 2005
    Laramie
    Full Name:
    John
    Here's the response I got from the "17 year old" moron, after calling him out:

dude- sorry but I don’t know that much about you yet either, I don’t want to send some possible really old gross guy a picture of me. I'm sure you're probably really nice, but mm pictures over the internet isn't quite my style... plus I don’t know how to use that scanny thing on the printer anyways
    -casey
    ==========================
    Yea, right, like any teen in America doesn't know what a scanner is!
    I now think that this "stupid talk" BS is coming from some middle aged moron who doesn't have a life.
    Me....I'm focused on a 5'9, 23 year old blonde bartender in Laramie, to be CarZotica.com's logo model.

15. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    posting for historic record in what could possibly be the greatest thread of all time!

16. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Whassup with this?? Maranelloman gets banned and this (person?) gets to suggest illegal sex for Ferrari-time??? Oh this is goood. Theres a lot of guys here with Ferrari's, kid. Some that may entertain your story, but few will be dumb enough to be scammed. So I don't understand, you want to be VERY resourceful but not willing to post pics. First your have to make sense.

17. pdtrixceo

pdtrixceo Karting

Aug 19, 2004
    Little Havana
    Full Name:
    Roger
    This could be very dangerous. I would advice everyone here to back off. She represents herself (if she's a she) as a 17 year old and thus officially a minor. This could just as easily be an undercover policeman looking for an easy score.
    Roger.

18. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Or worse... ever seen Wild Things?

Given you're a 17 year old female that approached me, I would not even give you a ride in my Ferrari any further than clear visibility to lots of witnesses that are friends/family. My lawyers would have me strung up for doing anything so stupid. (Its sad... but between the lawyers, the scammers, and the perverts... I guess that's the way it has to be.)

Why not go to an exotic car rental company and rent one? They'll happily take your money.

Good luck,

19. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004

I understand what this girl is doing because I did it when I was 17. I ran up to this guy in a Dodge Viper at Burger King and told him that I'd give him $1000 for his Viper for one night. He laughed and said NO.

I called all of the people listing Vipers for sale in the Rocky Mountain News and one guy considered it but backed out due to the insurance questions.

It's understandable what she is doing- she just may not be going about it the right way, and she very easily COULD be a police officer undercover given the multiple references to "very resourceful".

Bottom line guys, don't insult the little lady. Teenager's dreams should be encouraged, and politely restructured if they are a bit off-key... but never trashed on by people in authority. Nothing is more destructive.

Nick

20. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Nick could very well be right about this however, and feel free to call me naive, but I think that an undercover cop trained to do this sort of thing would be way better at it.

Or maybe I am just out of touch with the behaviour of 17 year old girls these days :).

21. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    That's probably a good thing. ;)

Nick