FURIOUS F-IN PISSED!!!!!! | FerrariChat

FURIOUS F-IN PISSED!!!!!!

Discussion in '360/430' started by Steve R, Apr 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    Bottom line: my wife took my 355 out for a spin to impress her ***** sister and didn't take off the emergency brake...smokin' fun ride!!!

How many times have we at there, trying to share our passion with our wives, showing them how to use the car. "Be sure to crab the entry & exit when coming in & out of driveways, don't ride the clutch and the emergency brake thing.

Oh yeah, I repeatedly told her, showed her and explained to her that the emergency brake has to be pulled way up, the button depressed and then brought all the way down MAKING CERTAIN THE BRAKE-LIGHT IS OFF.

I tell her these things so many times that she gives me the "yeah, yeah...I got it...I'm not an idiot, etc". Basically telling me to shut-up because I'm repeating myself. So you'd think she got it.

So she decides to take her ***** sister for a drive and I, granted I gave her permission AND a cell phone if anything went wrong...she pulls back in 10+ minutes later and I can smell the odor. She says "I smell something funny"...

Well no f-in **** you smell something funny!!! This is the part where I lose it and start yelling in front of her family and cussing like a mf.

Anyways...I drove it around, the smell went away, the rotors look okay, I've read this exact kind of post before but I can't recall what to look for. At this point, I'm just furious as all hell.

2. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It's like dealing with a 5 year old. If I had a Ferrari and a wife they would never be allowed within eyesight of each other. I think it's the female way to try to ruin everything you hold dear.

3. Doug H

Doug H Karting

Apr 17, 2005
    Its just a car . . . and if the wife ever decided to leave, it could become HER car.

4. brassM3

brassM3 Karting

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    That sucks about the car, but it's an honest mistake and I'm sure she'll learn for next time... if there is a next time. It is only a car and I'm sure the only damage done was maybe the loosening of the brake cable... your wife is more important man. At the end of the day the car is just a "thing".

5. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    Her excuse was that she couldn't see the brake-light indicator...and that's probably true...she's short and the light is on the bottom row. BUT STILL, I've shown her, told her and lectured her about it...and she gave me the "yeah yeah, I know....you've told me a hundred times already" attitude...then she goes and f's up anyways.

I so very much wanted to go in the house, grab something she holds dear and walk outside and drop it. Hey, it's just a "thing", etc, etc.

I just got off the phone with Costa, he says the parking brake has seperate pads and they'll likely be fine. I already drove the car around and let the brakes cool off....in the end, I doubt they'll be any damage, BUT THIS IS THE LAST TIME I'M EVER GONNA LET HER DRIVE MY (YES MY) CAR.

6. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    good point that does really suck about the car though perhaps your wife and car should see other people for the time being

7. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    Oh...and while I'm on my theraputic rampage...let me add: when I build something, make something, or have anything.....IF there is any way it can be broke, she finds it. Everything has to be 100% bullet-proof industrial-strength perfect of she'll find some dumbass way to f it up.

And here's the ironic part, I got so mad at her that I'll end-up having to apologize for it later. I swear I keep repeating this chapter in my life again and again and again.

What did popeye used to say about women?

8. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    steve my brother, iam sorry to hear that, my wife cant drive a stick and thank god for that, even if she could i would never let her drive my ferrari !!
    my advice to you is, i know this guy his name is OJ, give him a call..

9. cubbyman60

cubbyman60 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    slowly put down the sharp object and relax

10. amslb182

amslb182 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2004
    Ct
    Full Name:
    Andrew LeGrant
    Well you have all the right in the world to be mad, but just be happy it wasn't anything more important or expensive. Leaving the E-brake is a very insignificant thing on the list of possible mishaps. You should be upset but be happy she didn't blow the engine or drive the car into something.

11. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Relax and let it go. Your "performance" moves the focus from her stupidity to your behaviour.
    Do you think the family will be discussing how silly their daughter is, at dinner with the neighbours next week, or what an ****** you are, for the way you flipped out over an honest mistake?
    Not only that, you have ruined a perfect opportunity to lord it over her for months and will probably end up having to apologize, make it up to her or whatever because of your reaction.
    In the war of the sexes, you need to be cunning like the woman.

12. Kuhl328

Kuhl328 Rookie

Aug 7, 2004
    Cincinnati. OH
    I went full boil in front of the neighbors when my wife backed my then new M5 down the driveway scraping the driver side rims along a low rock wall the whole way. Man, I just lost it. I know how you feel and understand how it happens. She uses that against me ALL the time now. But, she won't dare drive my current cars which in the end is the best I could hope for.

13. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Tell her no sex tonight :)

14. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    *priceless*

15. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Wow, couldn't have said it better myself. I'd have lost it too but things like this are why I'm not married. As tough as it may seem now, I'd apologize for acting like a jerk(to everyone that saw) and chalk it up. Hopefully no damage was done and it doesn't happen again.

16. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    sometimes you have the opportunity to see what is really more important in life..
    a good relationship or a car. Don't sacrifice the one that's not a depreciating luxury item. Focus on the real. Sh*t happens....... we deal with it. How stressed would you be if some *ss - h*le took a knife to your wife and "broke" her?
    get a grip on reality and don't get too attached to toys that can be repaired.
    You'll live longer.

JD

17. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    good points here made by everyone. Here's one that seams missed:
    Since it was just the parking brake pads, no big deal, my brother. Just pop a new set on, and be HAPPY about this: she likely won't ask to drive the car again, you likely got out cheap.
    My wife used to frequently drive my 308, she's an ok driver. I allowed her to try out my 348 turbo and she accidently smoked the tires about 30 feet! Ha, she is now too scared of the car to even ASK to drive it! I got out of the liability even cheaper!
    In the end, relax, my brother, like has been stated multiple times already. It's just a set of parking brake pads. You could even replace them yourself, if you like.

18. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    My first F-car should be here in a couple of weeks and I've already been told she wants to drive it. The line in the sand has been drawn between her and I.
    Now I'm not married but living with my ex-wife attempting to put things back together. I'll probably let her drive when I'm riding along until she enivitably f's-it up (driving skills lacking). On the other hand she's told me if I buy her a "toy" I'm in the clear. Soooo......I ask myself what's this toy going to cost me for peace and sanity.

19. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    easy solution. get a CGT - i'd love to see my wife try to handle that clutch:)

20. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    LOL !!! You can never go wrong with a Carrera GT!!!! :D

21. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    It's like catching your kids smoking..... FORCE her to do it over and over and over again until she's sick of it.........

errrrrr...... Am I helping?

22. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
    Steve- it's just a car!! A divorce costs a lot more for most of us than 20 Ferraris.

23. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    If you were that concerned about it, why didn't you go out to the car when they started it up to make sure everything was right?

End of the day, its just a car. Don't worry about it.

You come off as very shallow yelling at your wife over something as trivial as a parking brake...

24. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Chill out. It's just a car and if it is in need of repair it's nothing that can't be fixed. At least it wasn't wrapped around a tree.

25. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Yeah, it's just a car - that's all been said, so, rather than rehash the same mantra - move on to the next item on the agenda aside from turning him into Alan Alda. You'll note he said if there's a way to break something, she will. So, rather than focus on this one incident, how can we help him > help her be coordinated or somesuch? After all, not everything can be Industrial Strength.