German Ebay: Ferrari P4 replica | FerrariChat

German Ebay: Ferrari P4 replica

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by henkie, May 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. henkie

henkie La Passione...
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 13, 2005
    Deil,The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    henkie
  2. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    I think I'd **** a brick if that passed me on the highway!!!

Looks like a fun toy.

3. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    I think its a alot better than some of the other replicas I've seen. Look pretty real for me. Too Bad I cant read what it syas on the auction.

4. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    looks fantastic

and i notice our friend P4replica is current top bidder Go get'er'done son

5. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Well actually, Jim .... :D
    I'd just put in a bid (well short of the 90K Euros reserve price) to try and 'help the bidding along' a bit. Looks like, instead, that I inadvertantly scared off any other potential bidders ! LOL
    As you said, it is a very nice car - a heavily modified Noble P4, belonging to Rolf Wisskirchen of Saint Augustin. Wolfgang posted photos of it taken at the Nurburgring last year, in this thread, post #7, when the asking price was 115K Euros - but, after all, it still is just another fibreglass P4 replica - with a Mercedes-Benz 3.5 litre V-8 ....
    and if Rolf really wants to sell it, I think he's going to have to lower his expectations a little - by around half !
    As an aside, I did manage to win another 'little' German P4 on eBay tonight:
    http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6961043099
    Don't think I'll be putting any 'faux rivetting' on this one though !

6. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    #6 P4Replica, May 23, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Paul
    I would think these are much fun to drive. I also bet they cost more to make than they sell for. Why do people sell them? I realize there's always a reason but $/fun I bet these are a lot of car.
    Regards

8. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    I think for 50k USD this is a FANTASTIC and AMAZING looking car. It probably goes pretty well, doesn't weigh much and is a blast to drive. It may not be the original Ferrari, but it looks soo fun to drive. And I mean no one else will be able to tell the difference :D

9. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Any URL can be pasted into http://babelfish.altavista.com and it will do a pretty good automatic translation. Here's what it did for the auction text:

==================================

Ferrari P4 reproduction

They offer here on a detail-faithful reproduction, in Top condition, legendary Ferrari the P4, of in the Orginal only approx.. 4 pieces were built! The vehicle possesses a road permission. Starting from 2006 the registration on h-characteristics is possible. The car was developed of 1988-1994 completely again and is since 1994 continuous in Germany certified. As motorizing serves railways V8 a carburetor engine. The vehicle is accident-free.

Spassbieter are legally pursued!

Since this is a private sales, the vehicle is sold under exclusion of any warranty and guarantee!

I would like to point out that it concerns here not a reproduction manufactured by Ferrari, but around a self-'s building!

10. bert308

bert308 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    Great how it translated DB V8 as railways V8, DB=Deutsche Bahn or the main German train company though in this context it is Daimler Benz.

11. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    #11 Wolfgang, May 24, 2005
  12. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    #12 P4Replica, May 24, 2005
    Jim (G.). When I wrote:
    I was replying to Jim Muise's post #4 - but thanks for replying ....
    Why do people sell them ? I don't know. Get bored. Or too old, or not enough time, to enjoy them in some cases. Sad thing is, as I've said, is that most sellers seem to think they can get much higher prices for a P4 replica, say compared to an equivalent Cobra or GT40 replica - simply because it's a P4 replica, and that much more exclusive. In reality, if and when they do finally sell, they often go for a lot less than the asking price (and the original build costs). No idea why Rolf has decided to sell his ....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    'Cause once you have got over the excitement of what you have bought or created, there is not much you can do with them.

You cannot race them in modern race series, many classic or historic race classes won't let replicas enter and there are better cars for cruising the public roads than a uncomfortable, leaking race car replica.

Just my opinion ... but even REAL P4's get sold for the reason that there is not much you can do with them anymore, a few shows (but harder to get there than a road car) a few track days (but there are cheaper and less worrying cars to track), etc.

Building a replica is homage to the original ... not a sound investment. Many build them 'cause they like the engineering/building process ... once finished and driven for a while, the love dims ... roll in next project ;)
    Pete

14. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Paul,
    have you got a call/offer from Rolf after the ebay auction?
    Any ideas or infos about his "best cash price"?

15. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I think it would make a great stablemate to the Wolfarossa! ;)

16. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    #16 P4Replica, May 24, 2005
  17. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Howdy Dave,
    thanks;) Yes, and thats the ONLY replica I would ever buy and drive!
    No usual human being (sorry for sure lucky Jim can;)) can ever afford or get a real P4!
    Rolf`s P4 looks so amazing on the street and even sounds with the Mercedes V8 preety good.
    But where to go drive with the car???? Very good post from PSK / Pete.

18. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    #18 P4Replica, May 24, 2005
    No, Dave ....
    THIS would make a great stablemate - alleged 1000bhp quad-turbo TR (by Albrex) lurks underneath .... :D

Oh - and disregard what I said in the previous post about 'the age thing' ....
    The owner of this car (completed in Spring of 2004), has just turned 90 !!! (He's not selling yet :( )
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Yeah, I think the fun would be in the construction of such a beast! The driving would only be the side benefit.

20. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Paul, You aren't allowed to use the words "quad" and "turbo" together and not show us a picture of the plumbing! :)

21. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    LOL :)
    yeah, kick him, force him....we wanna see pics of the engine;)

Damn, I know this P4 with the 12 cylinder Testarossa engine.
    Sadly not for the sale and the owner is from Austria and realy (not kidding) 90 years young!!!!!!

22. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Exactly ... extra homework for you tonight Paul!

I've been forced to work late tonight ... so I need something to drool over ;)
    Pete

23. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Don't worry, Dave .....
    I am working on it ! Don't have any as yet though. It's taken me three months to actually track the car down to it's owner. See previous thread: http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48064
    Finally spoke to the owner last week. Hopefully some photos will be forthcoming, soon .... ;)

24. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    THIS is the reason I was trying to find out if anyone was going to the Sportwagen Festival at Velden, at the end of June, Wolfie ! The car is going to be there again.

25. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    I know Paul,
    but we are all on the Tuscany/Italy drive with our f cars during this time.