'86 328 Interior Questions | FerrariChat

'86 328 Interior Questions

Discussion in '308/328' started by Fred2, Jun 9, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fred2

Fred2 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2005
    nj
    This darn site gives me too much information for my own good. I "needed" a new set of floor mats, and now have a full carpet kit to install on. ;)

A few quick questions:

Do you need to take the rear deck off to install the carpet in the back? Is so, how is it attached?

How does the hood (front trunk?) mount come off?

The car has speakers flush mounted on the door kick panels, whick I keep on kicking on getting in and out of the car. (My 48 year old knees are the main issue here) Were speakers OEM on these cars? How best to mount them? I would like to have carpet only on the kick panels.

2. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    #2 jimpo1, Jun 9, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My kick panels are carpeted, and the speakers are behind them. I've seen it both ways, but my guess is that 'factory' is speakers behind the carpet and aftermarket puts the speakers 'outside' the carpet. Mine work fine.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. scott1967

scott1967 Karting

Jul 12, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    You don't have to take the rear deck off to install the carpet on the back. Just use a putty knife and push it under the rear deck. At least that is what I did. Which 'after market' carpet did you purchase?

4. Fred2

Fred2 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2005
    nj
    I went for the GAHH carpet in the Palamino color. I thought the texture of the carpert was the closest match to the OEM pieces.

5. scott1967

scott1967 Karting

Jul 12, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #5 scott1967, Jun 9, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Fred2

Fred2 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2005
    nj
    Scott,

How do you get the hood release off? (for the front hood)

7. scott1967

scott1967 Karting

Jul 12, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I took the screw out to loosen it up. Measured the where the hole was suppose to be and cut the carpet along the side and slide it behind the plate. I did not want to take the wire totally loose from the release level because I was afraid I would not get it back on.

Scott