Entrace fee for non FOC members Concours check it out | FerrariChat

Entrace fee for non FOC members Concours check it out

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by RAY430RED, Jun 17, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Mark and Simon mentioned in "concors from the South " thread that entry to the Concours next weekend is £10 for non members i dont think this is the case so check with the FOC office if any doubt ...01485544500 .
    As it costs the Club thousands to hire the house and marquee,which is meant to be purely for the members ,as they pay for it with their subscriptions ,which is why it is never advertised-the entrance fee for Ferraris,who are not members is £50.As with other years the £50 is refundable if joining the the Club on the day There will be a checking list of current members on the gate to ensure that members do not have to pay
    This is not a windup guys its fact

RAY360M

2. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    well i aint going to the stuck up ferrari snobby event then cos there is no incentive to join the FOC if you live up north nothing happens

can members take guests ????????????????????

3. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Just cut this from the FOC website.

Members of the FOC and PHR are entitled to free entry. Production of your 2005 membership card at the gate is required so do not forget to bring your card with you! Concours competitors pay £25 per competition entry and this price includes a pass for one 'polishers' car. Anyone else must either pay the entry fee at the gate or order in advance using this form. Car passes for additional cars and guest's vehicles are available at the reduced rate of £10 per car.

4. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    So is it £10.00 then for non members..

5. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    What stuck up ferrari snobby event is that then? Is it on the same day as the FOC Concours?!!? You ought to go to the FOC Concours instead then.

Lots of things happen up north for FOC members. The Concours is up north! Just a week or so back had a very enjoyable tour of Graypaul Ferrari in Nottingham with Yorkshire FOC.

6. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    If you want to join the owners club, don't forget to give them your Spanish villa address, to give you the £30 discount that "overseas" members get! Can anyone explain this?

7. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Yes. It is on the basis that overseas members are generally unable to attend events. The membership fee subsidises events such as the Concours, so the more events you go to the more you get for your money. Of course, if you live in Spain and fly over for lots of FOC events you are getting a cut price membership deal but it might not make up for the air fares:)

Jonathan

8. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    Thank you for clarifying that Jonathan.
    As all the Ferrari owners on here have at least 6 holiday homes abroad, I think you might see an expansion in the "overseas" section of the FOC;)

For clarification, is the North East of England regarded as overseas? I know sometimes it can seem like another planet, but is it actually "abroad"?

9. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    As I spend about 6 months of the year out of the UK do I qualify for the discount. My alternative home is in South Africa.

10. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    :D

11. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    What a bunch of tight wads Ferrari owners are :)

Don't ask me. Ask the FOC office!

12. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    crikey you are more touchy than ray ferguson on the FOC subject if they did more up north i might join but nothing seems to happen so i aint paying to subsidise the southern members

13. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    I am pretty sure car passes are only available via the members application form . these have to be purchased in advance by a member from the FOC ..Car park tickets are not availabe on the day Check if any doubt..

RAY360M

14. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I'm typing this in Sheffield at the moment and I keep pretty (Ferrari) busy!!!!!

15. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    That's how come most of us can afford one!;)

I did, I e-mailed them earlier today!;)

16. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Jonathan there are always a few that want to take everything but give nothing in return

RAY 360m hahahahahaahahahahhaha

17. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Jonathon , my question was a complete wind-up as I suspect most of the challenges on this thread are ! The last thing that I could be described as is a "tight wad". I pay my membership and use as required.

I do however agree with Steve that you lot are overly sensitive about the FOC.

regards
    James

18. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    well they do see FCHAT as a threat to the FOC as on here everybody is treated the same no matter what car they have or if they have a car [NONNY] not this you can be a prancing horse member and wave flags at tracks for the owners

19. jimmy b

jimmy b Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    On a plane
    Full Name:
    James
    Seems perfectly reasonable to me (in light of club costs of providing concours venue) to charge non-members for entry. Refund for joining means a "first time visitor" of the concours with an Fcar won't be penalised if they join....

If you neither have an Fcar, nor are a friend of a member (tenner per car entrance - so a couple of quid each if five in a car), why would you bother to attend, and incur the full entrance charge? On that note, arguably the FOC SHOULD be much better at publicising its events (especially trackdays at decent circuits) and selling entrance to the public for a fiver a time. Sure would help recoup the circuit / venue hire costs....

J.

20. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    if people new that things was going on they might join the club but only members know whats going on just had a pm about things in the yorkshire area that are happening which sounds good
    But its very secrect service for some reason nothing ever publishised

21. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Do you not understand M8 EVERYTHING is published in the Ferrari news And guess what you and all of us has to subscribe to get it LOL

RAY360M

22. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    what happened to try before you buy never even new there was a ferrari news its so bloddy secrect service the FOC i probably wont be allowed to join as i was a coal miner

23. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    I've just re-read your post, at 1st I thought it said "old moaner", then I realised you'd written "coal miner":D

24. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    just had a pm the meeting is in a pub that i go to the odd friday a month and i never even knew about this the FOC is like the secrect service

25. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    The last time it was at Boughton House my mum and dad who live nearby snuck in for free:D:D

In a Citreon Saxo:D